BrExit High on Agenda for Emmanuel Macron's Visit to Britain
The French President, Emmanuel Macron, will make his first presidential visit to Britain when he meets Theresa May for talks later this month, Downing Street has said, The Guardian reports.
The British prime minister will seek to use the 35th UK-France summit – to be held at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst on 18 January – to project an enduring strength of relations between the two countries despite Britain’s decision to leave the EU.
Speaking ahead of the meeting, May said: ''France is one of the UK’s oldest and closest allies and our partnership is one that we both rely on''.
While such events traditionally focus on defence and security co-operation and foreign policy matters, British officials said the talks would be broadened to cover the “full spectrum” of bilateral issues, including education, science and innovation.
Nevertheless, following the decision last month of EU leaders to green light the second phase of the BrExit talks, Britain’s impending withdrawal from the bloc is likely to feature prominently in their discussions.
- British Financial Regulator Urges EU Brexit Coordination This covers the period between Britain’s planned departure from the bloc next March and the end of 2020, but EU officials say this was a political deal and will not be legally ratified until at least...
- London Is Concerned by the Political Consequences of Brexit the British are also irritated by the prospective of the improved relations between the EA and Russia and in this context by the reduced role of the NATO, as in that case the Great Britain will be isolated....
- EU Says Finance Sector Ready for Disorderly Brexit The EU was not being threatening toward Britain by preparing for a possible “cliff edge” Brexit, European Commission Vice President Jyrki Katainen told reporters in Brussels.
- No Question of a Second Brexit Referendum - Britain PM “We are leaving the EU and there is no question of a second referendum or going back and I think that’s important,” May told the Munich Security Conference.
- Britain's May Gets 9 Billion Pounds Deals in China Britain is trying to reinvent itself as a global trading nation after a 2016 referendum decision to leave the European Union, and China, the world’s second-largest economy, is high on the list of countries...
The first soldier to be awarded the Victoria Cross (VC) by Queen Elizabeth II, has died aged 90
US and South Korea suspend more joint military exercises
Commemoration of Sts. Tiridates, King of Armenia, Queen Ashkhen and Princess Khosrovidoukht
Azerbaijan, in Fact, Refuses Any Negotiation, Threatening by War
Appointment of The Ambassador is Very Important for Armenia-Ukraine Relations: Head of the Armenia-Ukraine Friendship Group
EU Tariffs on US Products Come into Effect
Trump Extends Sanctions Against North Korea for Another Year
EU Լeaders to Prolong Sanctions against Russia
Armenia assumes PABSEC presidency
Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Mamuka Bakhtadze on His Election as Prime Minister of Georgia
Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Has His First Meeting with Azerbaijani FM
Donald Trump "Threw Starbursts at Angela Merkel" During G7 Summit
Nikol Pashinyan Receives Armenia Air Company President Tamaz Gayashvili
Nikol Pashinyan: "A Historical Process of Reconciliation Between Law-Enforcement Authorities and Society is Taking Place in Armenia"
Joint Press Statement Following the First Partnership Council Meeting between the European Union and Armenia
Oil Prices Drop as Iran Signals Support for Opec Output Rise
Trump Plans July Meeting With Vladimir Putin
North Korea Returns Remains of 200 US War Dead
Feast of the Holy Translators St. Sahak and St. Mesrop
Historic Agreement between Greece and Macedonia: Will Their Societies Support It?
Nikol Pashinyan to Resign During a Year
Prime Minister Pashinyan Attends Gala Concert Dedicated to World Foot Championship in Red Square (PHOTOS)
It’s Already Two Months Azerbaijan Has Accumulated Troops in Different Parts of the Contact Line, Davit Babayan
Alexander Lapshin Claims Azerbaijan Might Be Behind the Death of Anthony Bourdain for Artsakh Episode
Newlywed Foreigners Apply for Artsakh Visa with Bride Wearing a Wedding Dress
Supporters of the Armenian Genocide in Turkey Received Documentary Evidence from the Prosecutor's Office of Istanbul
The Issue of Recognition of the Armenian Genocide is a Tool in Turkish-Israeli Relations: Armen Petrosyan
Nikol Pashinyan Attends in Tbilisi the Reception Dedicated to 100th Anniversary of First Armenian Republic
Nikol Pashinyan Visits Prelacy of Holy Transformation Church of Russia and New Nakhichevan Diocese (PHOTOS)
Israel Defense Minister Cancels Azerbaijan Visit
Wind: 11.27 km/h