BrExit High on Agenda for Emmanuel Macron's Visit to Britain
The French President, Emmanuel Macron, will make his first presidential visit to Britain when he meets Theresa May for talks later this month, Downing Street has said, The Guardian reports.
The British prime minister will seek to use the 35th UK-France summit – to be held at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst on 18 January – to project an enduring strength of relations between the two countries despite Britain’s decision to leave the EU.
Speaking ahead of the meeting, May said: ''France is one of the UK’s oldest and closest allies and our partnership is one that we both rely on''.
While such events traditionally focus on defence and security co-operation and foreign policy matters, British officials said the talks would be broadened to cover the “full spectrum” of bilateral issues, including education, science and innovation.
Nevertheless, following the decision last month of EU leaders to green light the second phase of the BrExit talks, Britain’s impending withdrawal from the bloc is likely to feature prominently in their discussions.
- EU Says Finance Sector Ready for Disorderly Brexit The EU was not being threatening toward Britain by preparing for a possible “cliff edge” Brexit, European Commission Vice President Jyrki Katainen told reporters in Brussels.
- No Question of a Second Brexit Referendum - Britain PM “We are leaving the EU and there is no question of a second referendum or going back and I think that’s important,” May told the Munich Security Conference.
- Britain's May Gets 9 Billion Pounds Deals in China Britain is trying to reinvent itself as a global trading nation after a 2016 referendum decision to leave the European Union, and China, the world’s second-largest economy, is high on the list of countries...
- EU Heads Say the Door Remains Open for the UK to Stay in the EU "Brexit will become a reality, with all its negative consequences, in March next year, unless there is a change of heart among our British friends," Tusk posted on Twitter.
- UK Aims for Trade Deal with EU that Tops Canada Pact After securing an initial agreement on Friday to move Brexit talks to a second phase, Prime Minister Theresa May is keen to start discussing future ties with the EU, and especially the type of trading...
Luxembourg Foreign Minister to Visit Armenia
NSW Armenia-Australia Parliamentary Friendship Group Adopts Resolution Declaring Solidarity with Artsakh
20 European Countries to Expel Russian Diplomats over ''Skripal Case''
Islamist Gunman Attacks French Supermarket and Kills Three
Catalonia: Clashes after Catalan Leaders Detained
Commemoration of Raising of Lazarus
Erdogan: I Told Putin and Erdogan that Turkey Will Not Step Back in Syria
Museum of Armenian Culture Opened in Kiev
Prague-Yerevan-Prague Regular Flights to Be Restored
A New Stage in Relations between France and Germany
Ara Babloyan to Take Part at 138th Assembly of the Inter-Parliamentary Union in Geneva
Aznavour Attached Importance to Introducing Investigative Mechanisms on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border
British Prime Minister Welcomed the Approved Brexit Transition Period
RA MFA: If Baku Is Concerned Over Water Access, It Can Discuss the Issue with Stepanakert
The US State Department Approves $1bn Arms Sale to Saudi Arabia
State Department: The US Has No Intention to Leave Manbij
Arsenal Congratulates Mkhitaryan on Winning Footballer of the Year Award
Lapshin Invites Everyone to an Exhibition in Yerevan
EU Recalls Russian Envoy over ''Skripal Case''
Trump Replaces the US National Security Adviser
James Bagyan: The Only Armenian that Was in Space and Can Make Dolma
Why the Figure Skater Evgenia Medvedeva (Babasyan) Did Not Take Her Father's Name?
Azerbaijani Blogger: Armenians Did not Destroy Azerbaijani Graves in Karabakh
Armenia Negotiates with Four Countries over Creation of Persian Gulf: Black Sea Transit Corridor
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia: Armenia Plays a Positive Role in Improving Russian-Georgian Relations (EXCLUSIVE)
Lapshin Showed the Difference in the Education of Armenian and Azerbaijani Children (VIDEO)
Armenian Delegation Invited OSCE PA President to Visit Artsakh and Meet the Authorities There: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Our Delegation Made It Clear That It is Impossible to Have the Same Approach Towards All Conflicts: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
The Silence of the International Community on Aliyev's Statements May Lead to Irreversible Consequences
Wind: 17.70 km/h