Clash of Turkish and American Interests in Syria
The armed forces of Turkey have bombarded the positions of the self-defense forces of the Syrian Kurds (YPG) in the Afrin region (north-west Syria), inflicting at least 40 blows on them, RIA.ru reports. Artillery fire was carried out after Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said last week that the Turkish army could launch an operation in the regions of Manbij and Afrin controlled by the YPG. According to Erdogan, the United States have already sent to Syria 4.9 thousand trucks and about 2 thousand aircraft with weapons for YPG. Earlier Ankara had repeatedly condemned Washington for military support of YPG, which Turkey considers a terrorist organization associated with the Kurdistan Workers Party banned in the country.
In addition, the official Ankara condemned the US plans to establish a "Border security forces" in Syria. The Turkish Foreign Ministry said that continuing the cooperation of the United States with YPG put their national security and territorial integrity of Syria at risk, and this is unacceptable.
According to some experts, the US is not going to leave Syria, finding a lot of reasons for this. In their opinion, the creation of "Border security forces" is just a reason to stay in Syria, but in fact all these actions have a purpose to split the country.
In fact, Turkey is most concerned about the possibility of unity of the Syrian, Iraqian and Turkish Kurds, and the overall strengthening of the Kurds. For them, the fate of Syrian President Bashar Assad faded into the background as compared with the Kurdish problem. For them, the fate of Syrian President Bashar Assad has become a secondary issue as compared with the Kurdish problem. They are worried that the Syrian Kurds have become situational allies of the United States.
The US, in turn, claims that an international coalition led by the United States creates in Syria a "Border security force" to protect the zone under its control. The goal is to prepare about 30 thousand people, while 15 thousand will be from the "Syrian Democratic Forces" ("Syrian Democratic Forces" mainly consists of Syrian Kurds, as well as some Arab tribes. They were formed with the active support of the United States in 2015, as stated, to fight the "Islamic state")
The "Border Security Force" is deployed along the Euphrates River valley - on the western outskirts of Syrian territory, as well as along the Iraqi and Turkish borders. Their task is "to prevent the free movement of "Islamic state" and the transportation of illegal materials."
The Syrian Foreign Ministry called the US actions an open aggression. Damascus equates the presence of the US and Turkish military in the republic to armed invasion. According to Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov, Washington's plans indicate that it is not interested in the integrity of Syria.
Whatever it is, Turkey will categorically object to the stabilization of the situation on the border by Kurdish forces. And this can lead to serious clash of Turkish and American interests.
- Tehran Is Ready to Participate in the Reconstruction of Syria "After seven years of struggle with the crisis, the war in Syria has entered a new phase and Iran will play an important role in its recovery," said Fundi.
- The Most Intensive Military Confrontation between Israel and Iran: What Are the Implications? Below let us provide a brief review on the sequence of the developments of the events, refer to the reactions of the main international actors and make some predictions how it can affect the situation...
- Assad Estimated Reconstruction of Syria 400 Billion Dollars Hundreds of billions, the minimum is 200 billion, and according to some estimates it’s about 400 billion dollars. Why is it not precise? Because some areas are still under the control of the terrorists,...
- France Has no Fundamental Disagreements with Moscow on Syria "We have no fundamental disagreements with Moscow on these issues," the ambassador added.
- Mogherini: the EU to Provide Additional € 3 Billion to Turkey This was stated by the head of European diplomacy Federica Mogherini, novinite.com reports.
- Erdogan Came Up With Another Propagandistic Statement on Armenia "Turkey contributes to the maintenance of peace and security in Central Asia and the Caucasus. Armenia is the only state that falls out of the picture. We are waiting for the day when Armenia will start...
- List of Presidential Candidates in Turkey Released The candidates in alphabetical order are: Dogu Perincek, Meral Aksener, Muharrem Ince, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, Selahattin Demirtas and Temel Karamollaoglu.
- Garo Paylan to Erdogan: Go away, enough! Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan on Sunday promised to reduce poverty in the country.
- 52 Suspects Arrested in Turkey They include 12 active-duty majors and 20 lieutenants serving in the Gendarmerie General Command, 18 of whom have been arrested so far.
- Turkish Court Convicted Cumhuriyet Journalists The judge ordered the release of Cumhuriyet chairman Akın Atalay who had been in jail for over 500 days despite his conviction.
- Trump Into New Potential Scandal "I hereby demand, and will do so officially tomorrow, that the Department of Justice look into whether or not the FBI/DOJ infiltrated or surveilled the Trump Campaign for Political Purposes - and if any...
- Trump Misspells Wife Melania's Name He tweeted: "Great to have our incredible first lady back home in the White House. Melanie is feeling and doing really well. Thank you for all of your prayers and best wishes!"
- Washington to Create Global Coalition against Iran The coalition will not be ''anti-Iran'' as the US ''stands ''firmly behind'' the country's people, in contrast to the regime and its ''bad actions'', said Nauert.
- Donald Trump Congratulates Nikol Pashinyan Progress on fighting corruption, bringing all political parties together, and peacefully solving the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict will help these efforts and ensure Armenia’s bright future.
- Korean Issue: What the Sides Bargain for? Other main cards used by Trump are a possible peace treaty, diplomatic recognition and a promise not to overthrow the regime.
Pompeo Promises the US Will Apply Unprecedented Financial Pressure on Iran
Prime Minister of Armenia Pashinyan Chairs Consultation on Preparations for 17th Francophonie Summit
Trump Into New Potential Scandal
German Newspaper about Putin's Gift to Merkel
Garo Paylan to Run for Parliamentary Elections in Turkey
Iran on the Preconditions to Preserve the Nuclear Deal
Paraguay Opens Its Embassy in Jerusalem
What is The Minority Government?
Armenian Boxers Won Medals at International Tournament in Russia
''White Noise'' Movement in Georgia
Maduro Won the Presidential Elections in Venezuela
Erdogan Seeks Votes in Bosnia after Ban on Campaigning Elsewhere
Zarif: EU Must Increase Its Investments in Iran
The Military Investigative Committee Probes the Shooting of 19-Year-Old Serviceman
Belgium's Prime Minister Congratulates Armenian Counterpart on Election
Tigran Urikhanyan: In the OSCE Countries the Field of Cyber Security Needs to Be Regulated
Rain is Predicted in Most Regions of Armenia
Trump Misspells Wife Melania's Name
Silvio Berlusconi Inherited From the Former Secretary of 3 Million Euros
Turkey Intelligence Investigating Reports on Prepared Attack on Erdogan
When I Sit Around a Table with Other Armenians, Bread and Wine Taste Differently: The Armenian Speechwriter of 3 US Presidents
Turkish Prime Minister to Nikol Pashinyan
The Works of Armenian Classics Are Translated into Hindi: Hindi Literary Scholar (EXCLUSIVE)
Players of ''Arsenal'' Sing Armenian Song (Video)
Netanyahu’s Son: Turkey Is Guilty of Committing the Armenian Genocide
NKR Defense Army Disseminates a Video Showing Accumulation of Azerbaijani Military Equipment on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border (VIDEO)
Russian Lawmakers Are Willing to Meet with the Representatives of All Parliamentary Factions in Armenia
Ara Babloyan: Leaders of the Protests Should Understand that They Take on Them All Further Developments
Serzh Sargsyan's Resignation Is a Clear Demonstration of Armenian Democracy in Force: Sargsyan’s Spokesperson
Karen Karapetyan: Taking Part in "Negotiations", Which Is Unlikely to Bring Any Solutions Have No Prospect
Wind: 11.27 km/h