US Congressman Called to Expand US-Artsakh Ties
Congressional Armenian Caucus founding Co-Chair Frank Pallone called on his Congressional colleagues to break down artificial barriers to unrestricted travel and open communication between the United States and Artsakh, with the introduction of the US-Artsakh Travel and Communication Resolution, News.am reports referring to the Armenian National Committee of America (ANCA).
"The United States should be supporting the free flow of dialogue and ideas across the globe," said Rep. Pallone. "Artsakh has a successful democratic government and it should not be precluded from interacting with the United States and other nations. My visit to Artsakh in September further revealed the enormous strides that Artsakh has made in recent years, and others should be given the same opportunity that I had. Rather than hindering fast developing nations like Artsakh through non-recognition, the United States should embrace and encourage through official actions," concluded Rep. Pallone.
The US – Artsakh Travel and Communication Resolution praises the Artsakh Republic for having "developed democratic institutions, fostered a pluralist political system, and, over the past quarter century, held parliamentary and presidential elections that have been rated as free and fair by international observers." It also highlights Artsakh’s commitment to common-sense peace initiatives, first advocated by House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairman Ed Royce (R-CA) and Ranking Democrat Eliot Engel (D-NY), calling for the removal of snipers and heavy artillery from the Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact, the deployment of additional Organization for Security and Cooperation in Europe (OSCE) monitors, and the placement of gun-fire locator systems along the lines of contact. The measures, which have been embraced by Armenia, Artsakh, and the OSCE Minsk Group peace negotiators, have been thus far blocked by Azerbaijan.
The US-Artsakh Travel and Communications Resolution notes that current State Department policies place "self-imposed restrictions on travel and communications between the United States and Artsakh, limiting oversight of United States taxpayer-funded assistance programs and discouraging the open dialogue and discourse that can contribute to a peaceful resolution of Artsakh-related status and security issues."
ANCA thanked Congressman Pallone for taking a legislative sledgehammer to the walls that have, for far too long, prevented the very type of open dialogue that is so very necessary for a durable and democratic Artsakh peace.
- The Military Investigative Committee Probes the Shooting of 19-Year-Old Serviceman A criminal case has been filed.
- Russian MFA Responds to Official Baku in Relation with Meeting with Artsakh's Representatives Russian position on Nagorno Karabakh never supposed to refuse to participate in concrete international events only for the reason that it's possible to meet "face to face" representatives of Karabakh there.
- Construction of Cultural and Entertainment Complex Kicks off in Stepanakert There will be a café in the complex. Parking lots are also set to be created. The territory of the complex with a total of 3,500 square meters will be beautified and will have green areas.
- The Azerbaijani People Are Not Enemy for Us: Davit Babayan But our goal was not the collapse of Azerbaijan state, was not to organize the massacre of the Azerbaijani people.
- From May 6 to 12 the Situation in the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border Has Been Relatively Stable The Defense Army units control the situation in the frontline and continue vigilantly conducting the combat service.
- Trump Into New Potential Scandal "I hereby demand, and will do so officially tomorrow, that the Department of Justice look into whether or not the FBI/DOJ infiltrated or surveilled the Trump Campaign for Political Purposes - and if any...
- Trump Misspells Wife Melania's Name He tweeted: "Great to have our incredible first lady back home in the White House. Melanie is feeling and doing really well. Thank you for all of your prayers and best wishes!"
- Washington to Create Global Coalition against Iran The coalition will not be ''anti-Iran'' as the US ''stands ''firmly behind'' the country's people, in contrast to the regime and its ''bad actions'', said Nauert.
- Donald Trump Congratulates Nikol Pashinyan Progress on fighting corruption, bringing all political parties together, and peacefully solving the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict will help these efforts and ensure Armenia’s bright future.
- Korean Issue: What the Sides Bargain for? Other main cards used by Trump are a possible peace treaty, diplomatic recognition and a promise not to overthrow the regime.
Pompeo Promises the US Will Apply Unprecedented Financial Pressure on Iran
Prime Minister of Armenia Pashinyan Chairs Consultation on Preparations for 17th Francophonie Summit
Trump Into New Potential Scandal
German Newspaper about Putin's Gift to Merkel
Garo Paylan to Run for Parliamentary Elections in Turkey
Iran on the Preconditions to Preserve the Nuclear Deal
Paraguay Opens Its Embassy in Jerusalem
What is The Minority Government?
Armenian Boxers Won Medals at International Tournament in Russia
''White Noise'' Movement in Georgia
Maduro Won the Presidential Elections in Venezuela
Erdogan Seeks Votes in Bosnia after Ban on Campaigning Elsewhere
Zarif: EU Must Increase Its Investments in Iran
The Military Investigative Committee Probes the Shooting of 19-Year-Old Serviceman
Belgium's Prime Minister Congratulates Armenian Counterpart on Election
Tigran Urikhanyan: In the OSCE Countries the Field of Cyber Security Needs to Be Regulated
Rain is Predicted in Most Regions of Armenia
Trump Misspells Wife Melania's Name
Silvio Berlusconi Inherited From the Former Secretary of 3 Million Euros
Turkey Intelligence Investigating Reports on Prepared Attack on Erdogan
When I Sit Around a Table with Other Armenians, Bread and Wine Taste Differently: The Armenian Speechwriter of 3 US Presidents
Turkish Prime Minister to Nikol Pashinyan
The Works of Armenian Classics Are Translated into Hindi: Hindi Literary Scholar (EXCLUSIVE)
Players of ''Arsenal'' Sing Armenian Song (Video)
Netanyahu’s Son: Turkey Is Guilty of Committing the Armenian Genocide
NKR Defense Army Disseminates a Video Showing Accumulation of Azerbaijani Military Equipment on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border (VIDEO)
Russian Lawmakers Are Willing to Meet with the Representatives of All Parliamentary Factions in Armenia
Ara Babloyan: Leaders of the Protests Should Understand that They Take on Them All Further Developments
Serzh Sargsyan's Resignation Is a Clear Demonstration of Armenian Democracy in Force: Sargsyan’s Spokesperson
Karen Karapetyan: Taking Part in "Negotiations", Which Is Unlikely to Bring Any Solutions Have No Prospect
Wind: 11.27 km/h