Judging Me Will not Force Me Abandon Fight for Justice for Genocide: Garo Paylan
Garo Paylan, Istanbul Armenian MP and vice-chairman of the opposition pro-Kurdish People’s Democratic Party (HDP) of Turkey, responded to the announcement on the launching of a criminal case against him, and under the infamous Article 301 ("insulting the Turkish nation") of the Turkish Penal Code, News.am reports. Paylan told that he has always called "genocide" the tragedy which his family and nation survived.
"As a deputy of the Turkish parliament, I have demanded from the Turkish parliament to call it like it is," Paylan said. "Like everywhere, also in the interview noted in the criminal case filed against me, I have said the word "genocide." And I didn’t accuse today’s Turkish people, but the then junta with a genocidal mindset," he added.
"Sadly, Turkey currently is again rolling back and attempting to prevent - with pressures - the demands for confrontation with the past. But let the Turkish prosecutors and the Ministry of Justice - which gave a green light to their criminal case - know that by filing a criminal case against me they will not force me to abandon the fight for justice for what has occurred in the present and in the past."
- Netanyahu Delayed Armenian Genocide Debate Israely Prime Minister Benjamin Netnayahu delayed a ministerial debate of motions to officially recognize the Armenian genocide.
- Supporters of the Armenian Genocide in Turkey Received Documentary Evidence from the Prosecutor's Office of Istanbul The judgment of dropping the case also mentioned that ''the protesters didn't seek to publicly mock the Turkish nation''.
- U.S. Secretary of State Will Review the Recognition of the Armenian Genocide During the House Foreign Affairs committee hearing Congressman David Cicilline asked Pompeo whether he will recognize the Genocide perpetrated by the Ottoman Empire against its Armenian citizens.
- Aleppo: Events Dedicated to the 103rd Anniversary of the Armenian Genocide Similar other commemoration events took place in the city.
- Rome: Event Dedicated to 103rd Anniversary of Armenian Genocide 103 years have passed since the attempt to exterminate Armenians, but we continued to live and create, preserve our faith, language and homeland, culture and churches.
Newlywed Foreigners Apply for Artsakh Visa with Bride Wearing a Wedding Dress
Developments in Georgia: The Reasons of Prime Minister's Resignation and Prospects of Changes in the Country
Armenian, Greek Orthodox and Catholic Churches in Jerusalem Call to Prevent a Draft Bill on Lands
25 US Lawmakers Urge Pompeo to Provide Considerable Assistance to Armenia
Germania Airline Launches Direct Flights between Yerevan and Berlin
Trump: US Will Not be ''Migrant Camp''
Trump’s Approval Rating Hits Highest Point in Presidency
Kim Jong-un Visits China After Trump Summit
PM receives European Parliament Delegation
Events Within the Frameworks of the “Days of Artsakh in France” Started in Martigues
NKR President Sent a Thank-You Letter to Armenian PM Nikol Pashinyan
Iran Will Increase Gas Export to Armenia This Year
Prime Minister Receives OSCE Countries’ Representatives
President Armen Sarkissian Will Travel Abroad
Bulgaria Ratified Armenia-EU Agreement
Ara Babloyan Addresses RA NA Factions with Proposal of Beginning Debates on the Electoral Code
Erdogan Wanted a Base in the Antarctic
Japan Earthquake: Three Dead and Hundreds Injured
A Woman Can Become The President Of Georgia
Pashinyan and Sahakyan Discussed a Wide Range of Issues on Army Building
Nikol Pashinyan to Resign During a Year
MFA: Armenia Has Initiated Moves to Strengthen Cooperation with Israel
It’s Already Two Months Azerbaijan Has Accumulated Troops in Different Parts of the Contact Line, Davit Babayan
Prime Minister Pashinyan Attends Gala Concert Dedicated to World Foot Championship in Red Square (PHOTOS)
Alexander Lapshin Claims Azerbaijan Might Be Behind the Death of Anthony Bourdain for Artsakh Episode
Foreign Minister of Armenia Received the Delegation of the Secretariat of International Organization of La Francophonie
Armenians Worldwide Are Invited to Participate in ''Come and Dance the Armenian Kochari'' Pan-Armenian Flashmob
Supporters of the Armenian Genocide in Turkey Received Documentary Evidence from the Prosecutor's Office of Istanbul
Nikol Pashinyan Attends in Tbilisi the Reception Dedicated to 100th Anniversary of First Armenian Republic
Some Citizens Were Allowed to Visit Graveyard of Gyunut. Armenia Defense Ministry Anwered Azerbaijan's Announcement
Wind: 22.53 km/h