Iran foreign minister: US must meet own obligations for nuclear deal
Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif said on Thursday the United States should meet its own obligations agreed in a landmark nuclear deal in 2015 rather than making accusations against the Islamic Republic, the Reuters reports.
U.S. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson on Wednesday accused Iran of "alarming ongoing provocations" to destabilise countries in the Middle East as the Trump administration launched a review of its policy towards Tehran that will include the 2015 nuclear deal.
In a letter to House of Representatives Speaker Paul Ryan, the top Republican in Congress, Tillerson said on Tuesday that Iran remained compliant with the nuclear accord, but there were concerns about its role as a state sponsor of terrorism.
In the first reaction to Tillerson's remarks from a senior Iranian official, Zarif tweeted that the United States should "fulfill its own commitments".
Under the nuclear deal, the State Department must notify Congress every 90 days on Iran's compliance under the so-called Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA). It was the first such notification under U.S. President Donald Trump.
- Is Iran Nuclear Deal Endangered? The European Union is also against the US intentions to abolish the nuclear deal. The EU notes that even if the US withdraws from the agreement, they will still remain faithful to the spirit of the agreement.
- New Act against Iran in US Congress "Congress has four months to fix the flaws of the JCPOA to permanently block Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons capability," said Representative Roskam.
- US Starts The Changes In The Deal With Iran Trump administration is working on a legislative fix that could enable the United States to remain in the Iran nuclear deal, Secretary of State Rex Tillerson said in an interview with The Associated Press...
- Trump "Handed a Mess" with North Korea President Donald Trump said Saturday that he was "handed a mess" with North Korea and that he wanted to try a new Mideast peace plan before moving the U.S. Embassy, while slamming the "fake news" media...
- Trump Intends to "Decertify" Iranian Deal As the source reports according to Trump the deal it is not in the national interest of the United States.
Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Says Only Death Will Stop Him from Ruling the Kingdom
The Task of Merkel's Fourth Term as Chancellor Will Be Not to Hurt the New Government
WhoScored: Mkhitaryan is Arsenal’s best performing player
Budding Diplomacy between US and North Korea
Kurds Promise Nightmare for Turks in Afrin
12 Armenians Will Participate in Dutch Local Elections
Washington: Bako Sahakyan Visited St. Mary and Holy Cross Armenian Apostolic Churches
Serzh Sargsyan Sends Congratulatory Message to Vladimir Putin
Trump Offers Death Penalty for Drug Dealers
Scripal's Poisoning: A Reason for Tense Relations Between London and Moscow?
Europe's Indifference and Turkey's Interests
Boris Johnson to Support to UK Diplomats Expelled from Russia
Boris Johnson Accused Russia of Secretely Stockpiling the Deadly Nerve Agent
Afrin Urges International Communities to Stop Turkey
Erdogan: Turkey Has Taken Full Control of the Center of Afrin
Sri Lanka Lifted a Nationwide State of Emergency
Bako Sahakyan: The Armenian Community of America and our American Friends are Actively Involved in the Process of the International Recognition of Artsakh
Iran Arrests Ahmadinejad’s Close Ally and Ex-Vice President
Voting for Presidential Election Starts in Russia
Sunday of Advent
James Bagyan: The Only Armenian that Was in Space and Can Make Dolma
Why the Figure Skater Evgenia Medvedeva (Babasyan) Did Not Take Her Father's Name?
Armenian President Schools Azeri Diplomat on History at Munich Security Conference
Azerbaijani Blogger: Armenians Did not Destroy Azerbaijani Graves in Karabakh
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
President Attends Bookinist Bookstore on the Occasion of Book Giving Day
Armenia Negotiates with Four Countries over Creation of Persian Gulf: Black Sea Transit Corridor
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Serzh Sargsyan: Azerbaijan’s Position Regarding the Nagorno Karabakh Issue is a Flagrant Violation of the Helsinki Spirit
Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia: Armenia Plays a Positive Role in Improving Russian-Georgian Relations (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 11.27 km/h