Poroshenko Thinks that Trump Is Not Connected with Russia
The President of Ukraine Petro Poroshenko said that he does not believe in the links between American leader Donald Trump and Russia. According to him, in the US Тrump should not be suspected in such connections, Newsru.com reports.
Trump is not like a man who has some special relationship with Russia, the Ukrainian leader said.
"My personal impressions are the following: he is a wonderful leader, with great charisma and great political will. He is a great friend of Ukraine, who helps me to achieve peace in my country," Poroshenko said.
During his visit to the US, Poroshenko met in Washington with President Donald Trump, Vice President Mike Pence and Pentagon chief James Mattis. At a meeting with the US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson, the Ukrainian leader presented proposals for more active involvement of the US in the settlement of the conflict in Donbass.
- Saakashvili Did Not Exclude His Murder by Ukrainian Authorities "I know that they (the authorities) try to get rid of me. They can twist me, to be deported… even kill. I am not afraid”, – Saakashvili said.
- Pentagon: US will not Accept Annexation of Crimea "Have no doubt," Mattis said at a news conference with Poroshenko. "The United States stands with Ukraine." He said Washington does not, "and we will not," accept Russia's annexation of Crimea, a 2014...
- Will the U.S. Arms Resolve the Ukrainian Crisis? In fact, in the case of the Ukrainian crisis as well the US President Donald Trump's administration may ignore the position and interests of the European partners, which is happening in case of the US...
- Donetsk Republic Declared about the Establishment of a New Country - Malorossiya "We should be supported by the residents of the regions. This solution is possible provided that the international community supports the idea," Zakharchenko said.
- Ukraine Is Dissatisfied with the EU Association Agreement However, it is worth noting that Europeans are in turn dissatisfied with the Association Agreement. It should be recalled that in March the EU transferred to Ukraine another tranche of macro-financial...
- Ksenia Sobchak Announced Her Intention to Participate at Russia's Presidential Elections She portrayed herself as a candidate for those who reject the status quo, a candidate who could give the struggling opposition a voice and challenge the tired, elderly candidates from established parties...
- President Sargsyan Receives RF Minister of Industry and Trade The interlocutors stressed the need for holding such forums on a regular basis, which allow the sides to discuss topical issues, reveal and tap the potential for development of bilateral cooperation.
- Erdogan Says Turkey Will Deploy Troops in Syria's Northern Idlib Region "The de-escalation zone agreement was a promising idea ... under which Russians are maintaining security outside Idlib and Turkey will maintain the security inside Idlib region," Erdoğan said.
- Russia Test-Launches Iskander-M Missile The missile flew the distance of 480 kilometers [some 300 miles] and successfully hit a designated target at the Makat testing range [Kazakstan].
- RA Armed Forces General Staff Participates in CSTO Discussions a working group headed by the head of RA Armed Forces General Staff operative division will participate in the working discussions
- Soros Makes about $18bn for Human Rights The donation makes Soros’s Open Society Foundations the third largest charitable foundation in the world, behind the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation and the Wellcome Trust.
- Israel Also Withdraws from UNESCO In a statement, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hailed the U.S. decision as "brave and moral" and stated that Israel would begin preparations to follow suit.
- US Delegation to Visit Turkey The delegation will be headed by the State Department's Deputy Assistant Secretary for European and Eurasian Affairs Jonathan Cohen, according to sources.
- Trump-Tillerson Disagreements: Do They Have Certain Purpose? However, one cannot also exclude the scenario, that such a public demonstration of disagreement is a diplomatic trick of Trump’s administration to balance the US stance on various foreign policy issues.
- Neither Erdogan, Nor His Cabinet Ministers Haven’t Accepted US Ambassador’s Farewell Visit Bass, who was sworn in as ambassador to Turkey in September 2014, was recently confirmed by the US Senate for his next post as ambassador to Afghanistan.
First Tea and Coffee Festival Organized in Yerevan (Photos)
Madrid approves measures to strip Catalonia's autonomous powers
7 Days on the Frontline: Azerbaijan Fired More than 2,300 Shots
Knife-Wielding Man Wounds Five People in Munich
Another Six Large Families Will Be Provided with Houses in Artsakh
French Oncological Center Opened in Yerevan
Tatev Hakobyan - Vice champion of European Weightlifting Championship
Erdogan: US, EU Don't Help Turkey in Terror Fight
Premiere of Dadivank Documentary Film in Artsakh
Hamshen Armenian Intellectual's Wife Detained in Turkey
Syrian Kurds Don’t Want Independence from Syria
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Delivered a Speech in Brussels
Iraqi Forces Fully Took Control of Kirkuk
Premier of Serj Tankian’s Symphony in Armenia (Video)
Spanish Government Plans to Dissolve Catalonia's Parliament
NKR President Met with Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia Aram I
Turkey Sets Up Its First Observation Post in Idlib
Tusk Rules Out Any EU Action Over Catalonia
EU to Reduce Financial Assistance to Turkey
RF Premier Dmitry Medvedev to Arrive in Armenia on Official Visit
Being Afraid of Armenian Official, Azerbaijani Defense Minister Hides Behind the Flag
Georgians Would Die of Envy: BBC Travel Correspondent Told a Joke about Armenians, Georgians and Azeris
President Presents Geneva Talk’s Outcome at the Meeting with Armenian Community in Switzerland
Luis R. Corteguera: Declaration of Independence by Catalonia Might Move Madrid to Apply Article 155 of the Spanish Constitution (EXCLUSIVE)
Catalan Independence Referendum: Opinions from Catalonia (EXCLUSIVE)
The Armenian Delegation Called on Turkey for a Dialogue on the Issue of the Construction of Reservoirs on Araks: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Knyaz Hasanov: Iraqi Kurdistan Leadership Should Sit Down for Dialogue with the Iraqi Authorities
Armenian Delegates Talked About Issues of Refugees and Cyber Security at the OSCE PA Meeting: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan Discussed Issues Related to the Organization of the Upcoming Meeting of Presidents
The Armenian Delegation to the OSCE PA Proposed to Monitor the Armenian and Azerbaijani Textbooks and Media (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 11.27 km/h