Tillerson: It’s Difficult to Say Exactly What Russia’s Intentions Are in This Relationship
US Secretary of State Rex Tillerson expressed a hope that President Donald Trump and Russia’s President Vladimir Putin would have a good exchange at this week’s summit in Germany, Sputnik News reports.
"We are at the very beginning, and I would say at this point it’s difficult to say exactly what Russia’s intentions are in this relationship, and I think that’s the most important part of this meeting – is to have a good exchange between President Trump and President Putin over what they both see as the nature of this relationship between our two countries," Tillerson said in a comment to reporters aboard his flight to Hamburg.
"I think the important aspect of this is that this is where we began an effort […] to rebuild confidence between ourselves and Russia at the military level but also at the diplomatic level. So I think this is the effort that serves both of our interests as well as the broader interests of the international community."
The US official added that Washington hoped it would pave the way for other important discussions that would strengthen bilateral ties.
- Ksenia Sobchak Announced Her Intention to Participate at Russia's Presidential Elections She portrayed herself as a candidate for those who reject the status quo, a candidate who could give the struggling opposition a voice and challenge the tired, elderly candidates from established parties...
- President Sargsyan Receives RF Minister of Industry and Trade The interlocutors stressed the need for holding such forums on a regular basis, which allow the sides to discuss topical issues, reveal and tap the potential for development of bilateral cooperation.
- Erdogan Says Turkey Will Deploy Troops in Syria's Northern Idlib Region "The de-escalation zone agreement was a promising idea ... under which Russians are maintaining security outside Idlib and Turkey will maintain the security inside Idlib region," Erdoğan said.
- Russia Test-Launches Iskander-M Missile The missile flew the distance of 480 kilometers [some 300 miles] and successfully hit a designated target at the Makat testing range [Kazakstan].
- RA Armed Forces General Staff Participates in CSTO Discussions a working group headed by the head of RA Armed Forces General Staff operative division will participate in the working discussions
- Soros Makes about $18bn for Human Rights The donation makes Soros’s Open Society Foundations the third largest charitable foundation in the world, behind the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation and the Wellcome Trust.
- Israel Also Withdraws from UNESCO In a statement, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hailed the U.S. decision as "brave and moral" and stated that Israel would begin preparations to follow suit.
- US Delegation to Visit Turkey The delegation will be headed by the State Department's Deputy Assistant Secretary for European and Eurasian Affairs Jonathan Cohen, according to sources.
- Trump-Tillerson Disagreements: Do They Have Certain Purpose? However, one cannot also exclude the scenario, that such a public demonstration of disagreement is a diplomatic trick of Trump’s administration to balance the US stance on various foreign policy issues.
- Neither Erdogan, Nor His Cabinet Ministers Haven’t Accepted US Ambassador’s Farewell Visit Bass, who was sworn in as ambassador to Turkey in September 2014, was recently confirmed by the US Senate for his next post as ambassador to Afghanistan.
Not Only Kirkuk and Mosul, but also the Western Thrace And the Crimea Should Be Joined to Turkey: Turkish Party Leader
Saudi Arabia and Iraq Sign an Agreement to Form a Coordination Council
Spain Denies It Is Carrying Out "Coup" Against Catalonia
Two Italian Regions Vote for More Autonomy
Kakha Kaladze Wins Tbilisi Mayor Elections
Catalan President Says Will Not Accept Madrid's Plan
First Tea and Coffee Festival Organized in Yerevan (Photos)
Madrid approves measures to strip Catalonia's autonomous powers
7 Days on the Frontline: Azerbaijan Fired More than 2,300 Shots
Knife-Wielding Man Wounds Five People in Munich
Another Six Large Families Will Be Provided with Houses in Artsakh
French Oncological Center Opened in Yerevan
Tatev Hakobyan - Vice champion of European Weightlifting Championship
Erdogan: US, EU Don't Help Turkey in Terror Fight
Premiere of Dadivank Documentary Film in Artsakh
Hamshen Armenian Intellectual's Wife Detained in Turkey
Syrian Kurds Don’t Want Independence from Syria
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Delivered a Speech in Brussels
Iraqi Forces Fully Took Control of Kirkuk
Premier of Serj Tankian’s Symphony in Armenia (Video)
Being Afraid of Armenian Official, Azerbaijani Defense Minister Hides Behind the Flag
Georgians Would Die of Envy: BBC Travel Correspondent Told a Joke about Armenians, Georgians and Azeris
President Presents Geneva Talk’s Outcome at the Meeting with Armenian Community in Switzerland
Luis R. Corteguera: Declaration of Independence by Catalonia Might Move Madrid to Apply Article 155 of the Spanish Constitution (EXCLUSIVE)
Catalan Independence Referendum: Opinions from Catalonia (EXCLUSIVE)
The Armenian Delegation Called on Turkey for a Dialogue on the Issue of the Construction of Reservoirs on Araks: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Knyaz Hasanov: Iraqi Kurdistan Leadership Should Sit Down for Dialogue with the Iraqi Authorities
Armenian Delegates Talked About Issues of Refugees and Cyber Security at the OSCE PA Meeting: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan Discussed Issues Related to the Organization of the Upcoming Meeting of Presidents
The Armenian Delegation to the OSCE PA Proposed to Monitor the Armenian and Azerbaijani Textbooks and Media (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 11.27 km/h