Eurasian Experts Club: Indexes of the Economic Development in Armenia Give a Reason for Moderate Optimism
During the first 5 months of 2017, the study of the indexes of the economic development in the Republic of Armenia gives a reason for moderate optimism; however there are many things to do.
The Eurasian Expert Club estimated the general economic motives and indexes for the first 5 month of 2017 in Armenia and presented the results of the study to the media. Particularly, on July 15, the Coordinator of the Expert Club, the Chairman of NGO ''Integration and Development'' Aram Safaryan, Doctor of Economic Sciences, Professor, Member of the Eurasian Expert Club Ashot Tavadyan and Candidate of Economic Sciences, Associate Professor, Member of the Eurasian Expert Club Ashot Tevikyan had a press conference in "Armenpress" press club.
Referring to the general economic situation within Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU), Aram Safaryan noted: "The indexes for the first 5 months of 2017 show that our country is on the way up." He added that the present situation shows that Armenia has an opportunity to finish a year with a positive index, which opens a new path for development.
Ashot Tavadyan underlined that "the evil is in details." According to him, Armenia is small and the solution is to export ready-made goods. He underlined that the volume of the external trade increased by 23.1 % for the period of January-May: the volume of export increased by 20.9 %, while the volume of import 24.4%. "It is conditioned by three main factors: disappearance of uncertainty, stabilization of Ruble value and the government reforms in the tax sphere," Tavadyan noted.
Ashot Tevikyan in his turn noted that for the period of January-May, 2017, 6.4% economic activity was recorded in Armenia, while May was characterized by accelerated economic activity growth - 8.9 %. "This has been the highest level since January 2013," Tavikyan underlined. He conditioned it especially by industrial production, trade turnover and services supply sector.
The Eurasian Expert Club conducts such researches and publishes them annually. This is a third research study of this kind. Another report will be presented in August, which will focus on Armenia’s expectations from the EAEU membership.
- Wine Can Become a National Armenian Brand for Export It is known that the main Armenian products that enter the Eurasian markets are high-quality Armenian cognac, which is a national brand and is exported mainly to Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan, but in...
- We Will Continue to Implement our Reform Agenda: Armenian Prime Minister's Interview with Euronews (Video) Еuronews reminds that Karapetyan had earlier met representatives of the UN Development Programme to help kick-start the reform process.
- The World Bank Improves GDP Growth Forecast for Armenia in 2018 The bank’s GDP growth projection for Armenia in 2017 has risen from 2.7% to 3.7%.
- New Investments Are Expected After the Lebanese Business Mission (VIDEO) The establishment of the "Mike Sport" sportswear and accessories production in Armenia is at the stage of discussions. "Management and Development International Company" aims to invest in the projects...
- The Increase of Prices Announced by the Central Bank of Armenia for 2018 Has Caused Misunderstanding First, it is worth noting that the CB's targeted four-percent inflation, which was mentioned in the statement, is the derivative of the two main reasons - the Customs Union rates and the expected global...
Erdogan: I Told Putin and Erdogan that Turkey Will Not Step Back in Syria
Museum of Armenian Culture Opened in Kiev
Prague-Yerevan-Prague Regular Flights to Be Restored
A New Stage in Relations between France and Germany
Ara Babloyan to Take Part at 138th Assembly of the Inter-Parliamentary Union in Geneva
Aznavour Attached Importance to Introducing Investigative Mechanisms on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border
British Prime Minister Welcomed the Approved Brexit Transition Period
RA MFA: If Baku Is Concerned Over Water Access, It Can Discuss the Issue with Stepanakert
The US State Department Approves $1bn Arms Sale to Saudi Arabia
State Department: The US Has No Intention to Leave Manbij
Arsenal Congratulates Mkhitaryan on Winning Footballer of the Year Award
Lapshin Invites Everyone to an Exhibition in Yerevan
EU Recalls Russian Envoy over ''Skripal Case''
Trump Replaces the US National Security Adviser
Final Stage of “I Am the Guide of My City” Program in Yerevan
Hearings on Funding Armenia and Artsakh Held in the US Congress
US Lifts Criminal Cases Against Erdoğan’s Security Guards
Bako Sahakyan's Visit to the US Was Indeed Organized at a High Level
China Has Tested Chinese-Made Unmanned Tank for the First Time
Sarkozy - under Formal Investigation
James Bagyan: The Only Armenian that Was in Space and Can Make Dolma
Why the Figure Skater Evgenia Medvedeva (Babasyan) Did Not Take Her Father's Name?
Azerbaijani Blogger: Armenians Did not Destroy Azerbaijani Graves in Karabakh
Armenia Negotiates with Four Countries over Creation of Persian Gulf: Black Sea Transit Corridor
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Lapshin Showed the Difference in the Education of Armenian and Azerbaijani Children (VIDEO)
Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia: Armenia Plays a Positive Role in Improving Russian-Georgian Relations (EXCLUSIVE)
Armenian Delegation Invited OSCE PA President to Visit Artsakh and Meet the Authorities There: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Our Delegation Made It Clear That It is Impossible to Have the Same Approach Towards All Conflicts: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
The Silence of the International Community on Aliyev's Statements May Lead to Irreversible Consequences
Wind: 11.27 km/h