Incredible Armenians or Celebrities Who Do Not Talk About Their Armenian Roots
In the recent days the news on the Armenian roots of the founder of the fashion house "Giorgio Armani" is actively being discussed. Forbes, in particular, in its article noted that the parents of Giorgio Armani fled from the Ottoman Empire to Italy during the 1915 Armenian Genocide. For many it seemed an impossible fact, as the world-famous designer never spoke about it. Perhaps the reason is that the 83-year-old Armani is a self-contained person and very rarely gives interviews: no information about his personal life is known.
Another "incredible" Armenian is the British princess Diana, although she is only 1/64 Armenian. It turns out that her great-great-grandmother was a rich native from the Indian town of Gujarat. Her name was Eliza Kevar (Kevorkian). Several years ago in the ancestral home of the Princess of Wales letters were found in an unfamiliar language. As a result of the research, it was found out that the letters were written in Armenian. They wrote to their children and grandchildren Eliza, express.am reports.
Eliza Kevar married the Scotsman Theodor Forbes, they had a daughter named Jane. She married David Littlejohn, and their daughter Ruth married William Gil. Ruth Sylvia Gil is Lady Diana's grandmother, she married Lord Fermo. And their daughter Francis Ruth Burke Roach married Diana Erl Spencer's father VIII. It turns out that the grandmother of Lady Di's grandmother was an Armenian.
It is noted that in all probability Lady Di knew about her Armenian roots, but, given her status, she preferred not to disclose this fact.
Many say that the British comedian Rowan Atkinson, better known as Mr. Bean had also Armenian origin. But, unlike Giorgio Armani and Lady Dee, these statements are even more incredible. Surely, many just got such an impression because of his Armenian appearance and facial expressions. However, assumptions are not always facts. No matter they are Armenians or not Armenians, all these people achieved recognition because of not some national signs, but personal charm and talent ...
- The Armenian Love of Aivazovsky She loved him very much and did not require more attention than he could give. She understood that she would never occupy a place in his heart equal to the painting. Aivazovsky in turn adored Anna and...
- "Michelangelo in the Ballet": Armenian Agrippina Vaganova, the Founder of the Theory of Russian Ballet Sometimes the criticism towards Vaganova was not very flattering. For example, Marius Petipa, the French and Russian ballet dancer, choreographer and teacher, wrote in his diary: "Mrs. Vaganova is terrible,...
- Gymnastics Skills Named after Armenian Athletes It should be noted, that it is not the first time Armenian gymnasts surprise with the complexity of their tricks.
- William Saroyan: Part of His Heart in Armenia... Saroyan's heroes are simple and not so happy people, about whom he wrote with warmth, compassion and hope for good.
- Armenian Woman in the Ranking of the Most Successful Businesswomen by "Forbes" The company first manufactured its jewelry in a factory that was founded by Rafaelian's father in 1966 and all materials are made in America.
Artsakh Republic President Attended Exhibition Devoted to the Life of Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia Garegin I Hovsepyan
Turkish University Administration Has Removed the Flag of Azerbaijan Demanding to Bring Back the Armenian Tricolor
Trump Hopes to Normalize Relations with Cuba
Edward Nalbandian: We Value NATO's Support to the Efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
The Greece Police Prevented Erdogan's Assassination
Weather Forecast in Armenia
Trump Administration to Drop Climate Change from a List of Global Threats in a New NSS
Sahakyan Attended an Exhibition Devoted to the Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia Garegin I Hovsepyan
Turkey Has Released German Journalist
Mkhitaryan Gives Inter Green Light
Deputy Secretary General of NATO Hopes to See a New Momentum in Resolving the Karabakh Conflict
Turkish ''Besiktas'' Is Interested in Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Iran to Increase Gas Supply to Armenia
Russian Presidential Campaign Officially Launched
The UN Security Council to Vote for a Resolution on Jerusalem
Putin Thanked Trump
Saudi Women Will Aso be Allowed to Drive Trucks, Ride Motorcycles
Joint Consultation Chaired by Artsakh President and Armenian Prime Minister
Russia Chose the Name for the Bridge in the Crimea
Armenian Don Boyajian to Become US Congressman
Armenian Patriarch and 12 other Heads of Churches in Jerusalem Wrote a Letter to President Trump
Russians Should Be Driven out Like Dogs, Armenians Must Be Massacred: Azerbaijani "Scientist''
Tigran Mansurian’s "Requiem" Nominated for Grammy Award
Putin Pushed Erdogan’s Chair to the Ground (VIDEO)
It Is Natural to Be in Artsakh and Struggle along with the People of Artsakh: Today Hero Monte Melkonyan Turns 60
Armenia Pays Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of 1988 Spitak Earthquake
TV Channel Discovery Has Shot 6 Videos about Armenia
Statement by the "European Integration" NGO on Signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU
NKR Defense Army Servicemen Gegham Zaqaryan, Sargis Abrahamyan, Sargis Meliqyan, Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Lebanese-Armenian Independent Researcher: The Crisis in Lebanon Is Not Over (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h