Incredible Armenians or Celebrities Who Do Not Talk About Their Armenian Roots
In the recent days the news on the Armenian roots of the founder of the fashion house "Giorgio Armani" is actively being discussed. Forbes, in particular, in its article noted that the parents of Giorgio Armani fled from the Ottoman Empire to Italy during the 1915 Armenian Genocide. For many it seemed an impossible fact, as the world-famous designer never spoke about it. Perhaps the reason is that the 83-year-old Armani is a self-contained person and very rarely gives interviews: no information about his personal life is known.
Another "incredible" Armenian is the British princess Diana, although she is only 1/64 Armenian. It turns out that her great-great-grandmother was a rich native from the Indian town of Gujarat. Her name was Eliza Kevar (Kevorkian). Several years ago in the ancestral home of the Princess of Wales letters were found in an unfamiliar language. As a result of the research, it was found out that the letters were written in Armenian. They wrote to their children and grandchildren Eliza, express.am reports.
Eliza Kevar married the Scotsman Theodor Forbes, they had a daughter named Jane. She married David Littlejohn, and their daughter Ruth married William Gil. Ruth Sylvia Gil is Lady Diana's grandmother, she married Lord Fermo. And their daughter Francis Ruth Burke Roach married Diana Erl Spencer's father VIII. It turns out that the grandmother of Lady Di's grandmother was an Armenian.
It is noted that in all probability Lady Di knew about her Armenian roots, but, given her status, she preferred not to disclose this fact.
Many say that the British comedian Rowan Atkinson, better known as Mr. Bean had also Armenian origin. But, unlike Giorgio Armani and Lady Dee, these statements are even more incredible. Surely, many just got such an impression because of his Armenian appearance and facial expressions. However, assumptions are not always facts. No matter they are Armenians or not Armenians, all these people achieved recognition because of not some national signs, but personal charm and talent ...
- When I Sit Around a Table with Other Armenians, Bread and Wine Taste Differently: The Armenian Speechwriter of 3 US Presidents Aram Bakhshyan was born in Washington, DC (USA), in 1944. His life is a vivid example of career rise and realization of personality: he was a freelance journalist, journal editor, art critic, teacher at...
- James Bagyan: The Only Armenian that Was in Space and Can Make Dolma James Bagyan was born in 1952 in Philadelphia. His parents moved to the USA from Trabzon. According to James himself, his grandfather, Nazareth Kundebagyan, emigrated from Arabkir to America in 1913.
- Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin Vazgen Oganesov performed his last combat sortie during the battles for Berlin. On the eve of the Victory it was necessary to prevent the aircraft of Hitler's Reich from German besiegers headed by Hitler...
- Gevorg Nalbandian: an Armenian who Wrote an Anthem for an African Country The small Armenian diaspora in this exotic ancient country has always occupied an important place in all areas of state and cultural life, Dlmn.info notes.
- The World Famous Armenian Soldiers: Avakyants, Shekerdzhyan, Derunyan ''Armedia'' IAA is presentd a series of articles on the life and professional activities of high-ranking Armenian military servicemen who served in the armed forces of other countries.
Pashinyan: The Sale of Weapons to Azerbaijan by the Belarusian Authorities Is Unacceptable
Trump Holds Putin Responsible for US Elections Interference
UK Law Enforcers Foil Plans to Kill Theresa May
5 More Countries Join EU Sanctions on Russia
Regime of State of Emergency Lifted in Turkey
Any constructive contact initiated by the parties should serve for settlement of NK conflict, Russia says
UK House of Lords Has Approved Armenia-EU Agreement
New Program for Syrian Armenians to Be Launched by Red Cross
EU Begins Screening Macedonia, Albania for Mid-2019 Accession Talks
US House of Representatives may Consider New Sanctions on Russia
At Least three Dead After Two Planes Crash in Florida
Iran files Suit in International Court against U.S. over Sanctions
Prime Minister Suggests Reconsidering Rental Contracts for Facilities Near Lake Sevan and Bring Them to a Proper Level
Trump: Iran deal is good for Russia, but it wasn't good for US
EU Signs Free-trade Agreement with Japan
Putin: Russia Has No “Compromising Material” on Trump
Trump must be Removed for "Treasonous Conduct" with Putin, Former White House Ethics Chief Says
Armenia PM, First President Meet
Nikol Pashinyan, Petros Terzian Discuss Hayastan All-Armenian Fund’s Further Activities
Putin, Trump Not to Exchange Gifts?
Prince William Got an Armenian Cross as a Gift
A Lebanese Politician of Armenian Ethnic Origins is in the top-5 of the Most Successful Business Women in the Middle East
Nikol Pashinyan: "A Historical Process of Reconciliation Between Law-Enforcement Authorities and Society is Taking Place in Armenia"
Nikol Pashinyan: "Our most important goal is not only to stop the tide of emigration, but to reverse the trend" (PHOTOS)
Newlywed Foreigners Apply for Artsakh Visa with Bride Wearing a Wedding Dress
Feast of Transfiguration of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Developments in Georgia: The Reasons of Prime Minister's Resignation and Prospects of Changes in the Country
Israel Defense Minister Cancels Azerbaijan Visit
Erdogan Plans to Involve Ethnic Armenian Economist Daron Acemoglu in the New Cabinet
Artsrun Hovhannisyan: The Activity of Azerbaijani Farmers and Shepherds is From Now on Threatened Due to "Liberator" Hasanov
Wind: 11.27 km/h