Incredible Armenians or Celebrities Who Do Not Talk About Their Armenian Roots
In the recent days the news on the Armenian roots of the founder of the fashion house "Giorgio Armani" is actively being discussed. Forbes, in particular, in its article noted that the parents of Giorgio Armani fled from the Ottoman Empire to Italy during the 1915 Armenian Genocide. For many it seemed an impossible fact, as the world-famous designer never spoke about it. Perhaps the reason is that the 83-year-old Armani is a self-contained person and very rarely gives interviews: no information about his personal life is known.
Another "incredible" Armenian is the British princess Diana, although she is only 1/64 Armenian. It turns out that her great-great-grandmother was a rich native from the Indian town of Gujarat. Her name was Eliza Kevar (Kevorkian). Several years ago in the ancestral home of the Princess of Wales letters were found in an unfamiliar language. As a result of the research, it was found out that the letters were written in Armenian. They wrote to their children and grandchildren Eliza, express.am reports.
Eliza Kevar married the Scotsman Theodor Forbes, they had a daughter named Jane. She married David Littlejohn, and their daughter Ruth married William Gil. Ruth Sylvia Gil is Lady Diana's grandmother, she married Lord Fermo. And their daughter Francis Ruth Burke Roach married Diana Erl Spencer's father VIII. It turns out that the grandmother of Lady Di's grandmother was an Armenian.
It is noted that in all probability Lady Di knew about her Armenian roots, but, given her status, she preferred not to disclose this fact.
Many say that the British comedian Rowan Atkinson, better known as Mr. Bean had also Armenian origin. But, unlike Giorgio Armani and Lady Dee, these statements are even more incredible. Surely, many just got such an impression because of his Armenian appearance and facial expressions. However, assumptions are not always facts. No matter they are Armenians or not Armenians, all these people achieved recognition because of not some national signs, but personal charm and talent ...
- James Bagyan: The Only Armenian that Was in Space and Can Make Dolma James Bagyan was born in 1952 in Philadelphia. His parents moved to the USA from Trabzon. According to James himself, his grandfather, Nazareth Kundebagyan, emigrated from Arabkir to America in 1913.
- Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin Vazgen Oganesov performed his last combat sortie during the battles for Berlin. On the eve of the Victory it was necessary to prevent the aircraft of Hitler's Reich from German besiegers headed by Hitler...
- Gevorg Nalbandian: an Armenian who Wrote an Anthem for an African Country The small Armenian diaspora in this exotic ancient country has always occupied an important place in all areas of state and cultural life, Dlmn.info notes.
- The World Famous Armenian Soldiers: Avakyants, Shekerdzhyan, Derunyan ''Armedia'' IAA is presentd a series of articles on the life and professional activities of high-ranking Armenian military servicemen who served in the armed forces of other countries.
- World Famous Armenian Soldiers: Karamanukyan, Lahoud and Kuyumjyan ''Armedia'' IAA is launching a series of publications on the life and professional activities of high-ranking Armenian military servicemen who served in the armed forces of other countries. Thus we present...
Sunday of Advent
Armenians in Olympic Games and Varazdat: Armenian King Who Won a Gold Medal
Merkel and Macron Plan Roadmap on Euro Zone Reform
PACE Eliminates Turkish from the List of Working Languages
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime About 250 Times
James Bagyan: The Only Armenian that Was in Space and Can Make Dolma
EU-USA ''Metal War'' Will Cause New Intrigues
70 Racers from Armenia, Georgia and Iran to Take Part in International Car Race in Armenia
Mike Pompeo: the Most Conservative US State Secretary?
RA President Congratulated His Chinese Counterpart
Two Armenians Killed in Los Angeles Shooting
Russia Has Expelled 23 British Diplomats
Perspectives of IT Sector Development in Artsakh Were Discussed
Armenian Chess Players Participate in Individual Championship of Europe
New Secretary of State: Will the US Foreign Policy Become More Agressive?
A Turkish Bombing Raid Struck the Main Hospital in Afrin: At Least 16 Civilians Killed
RA President Met with the Upper Board of Armenia’s Supreme Judicial Council
Xi Jinping Re-Elected as China’s President
Candidates Tournament: Aronian Defeated by So
NKR President Met With the Representatives of Ramkavar Azatakan Party in Washington
Why the Figure Skater Evgenia Medvedeva (Babasyan) Did Not Take Her Father's Name?
Armenian President Schools Azeri Diplomat on History at Munich Security Conference
Azerbaijani Blogger: Armenians Did not Destroy Azerbaijani Graves in Karabakh
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
President Attends Bookinist Bookstore on the Occasion of Book Giving Day
Armenia Negotiates with Four Countries over Creation of Persian Gulf: Black Sea Transit Corridor
Serzh Sargsyan: Azerbaijan’s Position Regarding the Nagorno Karabakh Issue is a Flagrant Violation of the Helsinki Spirit
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia: Armenia Plays a Positive Role in Improving Russian-Georgian Relations (EXCLUSIVE)
Lapshin Showed the Difference in the Education of Armenian and Azerbaijani Children (VIDEO)
Wind: 6.44 km/h