Trump Thanks China and Russia
US President Donald Trump appreciates the efforts of China and Russia in adoption of the latest UN Security Council resolution on new sanctions against North Korea, said White House Press Secretary Sarah Sanders said, "SputnikNews" reports.
"President Donald J. Trump commends the United Nations Security Council for passing a new resolution that increases sanctions on North Korea in response to its recent ballistic missile tests. The President appreciates China’s and Russia’s cooperation in securing passage of this resolution. He will continue working with allies and partners to increase diplomatic and economic pressure on North Korea to end its threatening and destabilizing behavior," Sanders said.
On Saturday, the UN Security Council unanimously adopted the resolution tightening the sanctions imposed on North Korea.
- Ksenia Sobchak Announced Her Intention to Participate at Russia's Presidential Elections She portrayed herself as a candidate for those who reject the status quo, a candidate who could give the struggling opposition a voice and challenge the tired, elderly candidates from established parties...
- President Sargsyan Receives RF Minister of Industry and Trade The interlocutors stressed the need for holding such forums on a regular basis, which allow the sides to discuss topical issues, reveal and tap the potential for development of bilateral cooperation.
- Erdogan Says Turkey Will Deploy Troops in Syria's Northern Idlib Region "The de-escalation zone agreement was a promising idea ... under which Russians are maintaining security outside Idlib and Turkey will maintain the security inside Idlib region," Erdoğan said.
- Russia Test-Launches Iskander-M Missile The missile flew the distance of 480 kilometers [some 300 miles] and successfully hit a designated target at the Makat testing range [Kazakstan].
- RA Armed Forces General Staff Participates in CSTO Discussions a working group headed by the head of RA Armed Forces General Staff operative division will participate in the working discussions
- Soros Makes about $18bn for Human Rights The donation makes Soros’s Open Society Foundations the third largest charitable foundation in the world, behind the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation and the Wellcome Trust.
- Israel Also Withdraws from UNESCO In a statement, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hailed the U.S. decision as "brave and moral" and stated that Israel would begin preparations to follow suit.
- US Delegation to Visit Turkey The delegation will be headed by the State Department's Deputy Assistant Secretary for European and Eurasian Affairs Jonathan Cohen, according to sources.
- Trump-Tillerson Disagreements: Do They Have Certain Purpose? However, one cannot also exclude the scenario, that such a public demonstration of disagreement is a diplomatic trick of Trump’s administration to balance the US stance on various foreign policy issues.
- Neither Erdogan, Nor His Cabinet Ministers Haven’t Accepted US Ambassador’s Farewell Visit Bass, who was sworn in as ambassador to Turkey in September 2014, was recently confirmed by the US Senate for his next post as ambassador to Afghanistan.
- Why Did the US and Israel Decide to Leave UNESCO? It should be mentioned that this is not the first demarche of the United States and Israel against the organization. Thus, in 2011, when Palestine became a full member of UNESCO, Israel ceased its membership,...
- The Topic of Russia at the UN General Assembly Although the United States and the leading European countries did not refer to Russia much, at the General Assembly there was much criticism of Moscow's policy. So, almost the whole speech of the President...
- UNSC Imposed News Sanctions on North Korea The US ambassador to the UN Nikki Haley, told the Security Council after the vote: "We don't take pleasure in further strengthening sanctions today. We are not looking for war."
- Lavrov: Russia Supports Peaceful Means of Resolving Conflicts Russia and Thailand support UN’s central role in solving regional problems, and back peaceful ways of settling conflicts and crises based on the UN Charter.
- UN Report: Nearly a Billion People Have Escaped Extreme Poverty Despite major advances, an alarmingly high number of children under age five are still affected by malnutrition. In 2016, an estimated 155 million children under five years of age were stunted.
RA NA Deputies Delivered Lectures in Artsakh
RA President Received High Representative of Mekhitarist Congregation, His Eminence Archbishop Lévon Zékiyan
Belarus-Armenia Friendship Forest to Be Planted in Armenia
Armenian Army Delegation Travels to US
Russia Accuses the US-Led Coalition of Decimating Raqqa
Film about Henrikh Mkhitaryan Coming Soon
Solemn Ceremony of Donating Armenian Style Carpets to Artsakh Churches
The Typhoon ''Lan'' Swept out Japanese Coastal Areas (VIDEO)
Which Are the Objectives and the Principles of the EU-RA New Agreement?
Our Claims on Genocide Become More Substantial
Catalan Parliament May Decide on Independence on October 26
Turkey Waiting for the Extradition of Gülen
Why Cooperation with the EU Has Become a Priority for Azerbaijan?
EU Member Spain Ignores European Standards
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights: At Least 128 People Killed in Homs by ISIS
Catalan Authorities Will Not Follow Orders from the Spanish Government
US Backed Kurdish Forces Seized Syria’s Largest Oil Field
Trump on the EU Stance on Iran Sanctions
Armenian Foreign Minister to Participate in the OSCE Conference
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Used Spike: NKR Defense Army Warns of Painful Response
Being Afraid of Armenian Official, Azerbaijani Defense Minister Hides Behind the Flag
Georgians Would Die of Envy: BBC Travel Correspondent Told a Joke about Armenians, Georgians and Azeris
President Presents Geneva Talk’s Outcome at the Meeting with Armenian Community in Switzerland
Luis R. Corteguera: Declaration of Independence by Catalonia Might Move Madrid to Apply Article 155 of the Spanish Constitution (EXCLUSIVE)
Catalan Independence Referendum: Opinions from Catalonia (EXCLUSIVE)
The Armenian Delegation Called on Turkey for a Dialogue on the Issue of the Construction of Reservoirs on Araks: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Knyaz Hasanov: Iraqi Kurdistan Leadership Should Sit Down for Dialogue with the Iraqi Authorities
Armenian Delegates Talked About Issues of Refugees and Cyber Security at the OSCE PA Meeting: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan Discussed Issues Related to the Organization of the Upcoming Meeting of Presidents
The Armenian Delegation to the OSCE PA Proposed to Monitor the Armenian and Azerbaijani Textbooks and Media (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 11.27 km/h