Lavorv: US Wants to Elicit Displeasure among Russian Citizens
Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov declared that Russia will not respond with reciprocal measures after the US Embassy announced on Monday it would suspend visa granting for Russian citizens, the Moscow Times reports.
"We’re not going to take out our anger on American citizens," Lavrov said at a press conference.
"So if someone hoped that this stupid example would be contagious, they miscalculated."
"The first impression is that the American authors of this decision were trying to elicit displeasure among Russian citizens towards the actions of the Russian authorities," he was cited as saying.
- Ksenia Sobchak Announced Her Intention to Participate at Russia's Presidential Elections She portrayed herself as a candidate for those who reject the status quo, a candidate who could give the struggling opposition a voice and challenge the tired, elderly candidates from established parties...
- President Sargsyan Receives RF Minister of Industry and Trade The interlocutors stressed the need for holding such forums on a regular basis, which allow the sides to discuss topical issues, reveal and tap the potential for development of bilateral cooperation.
- Erdogan Says Turkey Will Deploy Troops in Syria's Northern Idlib Region "The de-escalation zone agreement was a promising idea ... under which Russians are maintaining security outside Idlib and Turkey will maintain the security inside Idlib region," Erdoğan said.
- Russia Test-Launches Iskander-M Missile The missile flew the distance of 480 kilometers [some 300 miles] and successfully hit a designated target at the Makat testing range [Kazakstan].
- RA Armed Forces General Staff Participates in CSTO Discussions a working group headed by the head of RA Armed Forces General Staff operative division will participate in the working discussions
- Soros Makes about $18bn for Human Rights The donation makes Soros’s Open Society Foundations the third largest charitable foundation in the world, behind the Bill and Melinda Gates foundation and the Wellcome Trust.
- Israel Also Withdraws from UNESCO In a statement, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu hailed the U.S. decision as "brave and moral" and stated that Israel would begin preparations to follow suit.
- US Delegation to Visit Turkey The delegation will be headed by the State Department's Deputy Assistant Secretary for European and Eurasian Affairs Jonathan Cohen, according to sources.
- Trump-Tillerson Disagreements: Do They Have Certain Purpose? However, one cannot also exclude the scenario, that such a public demonstration of disagreement is a diplomatic trick of Trump’s administration to balance the US stance on various foreign policy issues.
- Neither Erdogan, Nor His Cabinet Ministers Haven’t Accepted US Ambassador’s Farewell Visit Bass, who was sworn in as ambassador to Turkey in September 2014, was recently confirmed by the US Senate for his next post as ambassador to Afghanistan.
Syrian Kurds Don’t Want Independence from Syria
Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Delivered a Speech in Brussels
Iraqi Forces Fully Took Control of Kirkuk
Premier of Serj Tankian’s Symphony in Armenia (Video)
Spanish Government Plans to Dissolve Catalonia's Parliament
NKR President Met with Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia Aram I
Turkey Sets Up Its First Observation Post in Idlib
Tusk Rules Out Any EU Action Over Catalonia
EU to Reduce Financial Assistance to Turkey
RF Premier Dmitry Medvedev to Arrive in Armenia on Official Visit
NKR Defense Army Serviceman Tigran Khachatryan Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Iraq Warns Foreign Oil Companies Against Contracts With Kurdistan
Artsakh Republic President Visited in Brussels the Office of the European Friends of Armenia Organization
NKR Defense Army Soldier Fatally Wounded
Azerbaijani MFA Considered Including Famous CNN Showman in Its Black List
Turkey Welcomes Cooperation with Iran Against the Iraqi KRG
Nalbandian: Azerbaijan Refuses to Reiterate the Principles of Karabakh Conflict Resolution
425 Babies Were Born in Yerevan from 6 to 12 of October
UN Report: Armenia Has One of the Best Pregnant Care Results
Citywide Clean-Up in Yerevan on October 21
Being Afraid of Armenian Official, Azerbaijani Defense Minister Hides Behind the Flag
Georgians Would Die of Envy: BBC Travel Correspondent Told a Joke about Armenians, Georgians and Azeris
President Presents Geneva Talk’s Outcome at the Meeting with Armenian Community in Switzerland
Luis R. Corteguera: Declaration of Independence by Catalonia Might Move Madrid to Apply Article 155 of the Spanish Constitution (EXCLUSIVE)
Catalan Independence Referendum: Opinions from Catalonia (EXCLUSIVE)
The Armenian Delegation Called on Turkey for a Dialogue on the Issue of the Construction of Reservoirs on Araks: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Knyaz Hasanov: Iraqi Kurdistan Leadership Should Sit Down for Dialogue with the Iraqi Authorities
Armenian Delegates Talked About Issues of Refugees and Cyber Security at the OSCE PA Meeting: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
On the Occasion of the 26th Anniversary of Armenia’s Independence President Sargsyan Visited the Erablur Pantheon
Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan Discussed Issues Related to the Organization of the Upcoming Meeting of Presidents
Wind: 6.44 km/h