Head of Catalonia Called the Referendum Results "Impressive"
The head of the government of Catalonia Carles Puchdemon called the referendum results in Catalonia impressive, NewLetter US informs.
"Impressive answer of citizens. Legitimacy and advantage" — he tweeted, commenting on results of the vote.
Earlier Puchdemon noted that the people in Catalonia had achieved right of sovereignty.
"Today there was a day of hope, and citizens of Catalonia have won the right to become the independent country operated as the republic" — he has told in his televised address.
In addition, the head of Catalonia urged the European Union not to ignore human rights violation from the Spanish police and has expressed readiness for dialogue with Madrid.
- Puigdemont May Rule Catalonia by Skype The two options - which would either see Puigdemont attending the Parliament on a video call or a delegate reading the inauguration speech on his behalf - are currently being studied by lawyers.
- Snap Parliamentary Elections Kicked Off in Catalonia Voter turnout is expected to be high Thursday.
- Spain Has Proof against Russia on Catalonia "What we know today is that much of this came from Russian territory," Spanish Defence Minister Maria Dolores de Cospedal said of Russian-based internet support.
- Catalan Parliament Leader Jailed She was sent to Alcala Meco prison outside Madrid late Thursday, but was expected to get out after making bail Friday.
- Puigdemont and Four Former Members of His Government Released in Brussels Puigdemont will appear within 15 days before a court in Brussels, which will decide whether to execute Spain’s November 3 order to arrest and surrender him.
Turkey, Russia, Iran Agree on Syrian Meeting in Sochi
The Election of PACE New President Will Create Favorable Environment for Our Delegation's Work: Naira Karapetyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Indian Prisoners Will Live Together with Cows for Curing their Impure Minds
By the End of 2019 the US Embassy Will be Moved to Jerusalem. Pence
Football Tournament in Memory of Hrant Dink Was Held in Turkey
Armen Sargsyan Will Return to Armenia at the End of the Week
Will the New Parliament of Catalonia Fight for Independence
Michele Nicoletti Elected PACE President
International Arrest Warrant for Puigdemont May Be Reactivated
The Priority in the Negotiations Is the Implementation of Agreements Reached in Vienna, St. Petersburg and Geneva
Three People Injured in New York Shooting
Erdogan says Syria Operation Will End in Very Short Time
Up to 1000 More US Troops Could be Headed to Afghanistan This Spring
India Supports Talks between Azerbaijan and Armenia Mediated by OSCE Minsk Group
Syrian Army Starts Operation in Idlib Province
8 Civilians Killed as a Result of Turkish Airstrikes in Syria
Some Roads in Armenia Are Difficult to Pass
Netanyahu Calls on European Nations to Propose Amendments Iranian Nuclear Deal
How did Mkhitaryan Celebrate His Birthday?
Germany's Social Democrats Approved the Start of Formal Coalition Negotiations
Armenian Repatriate from Canada: In Artsakh People Live Happier than in Other Civilized Countries
In Turkey Woman Who Recognizes Armenian Genocide is Elected the Head of Main Opposition Party Istanbul Chapter
Artsakh MFA: Call of the Azerbaijani FM to the French Government to Impede the Visits of the Citizens of Artsakh Is Unlawful
Armenian Civil Society Receives €1.74 million for New Activities from the EU
New Act against Iran in US Congress
2017 - Second Warmest since 1880 (VIDEO)
Syria Threatens to "Destroy" Any Turkish Warplanes Flying into Its Territory
The World's Most Creative Christmas Trees Ever
Shastri Ramachandaran: Any Conflict Between China and US Would Destabilize the Global Economy (EXCLUSIVE)
Statement of Artsakh National Assembly on 28th Anniversary of the Mass Pogroms of the Armenians in Baku
Wind: 11.27 km/h