Armenia and Russia Signed a Joint Statement
On September 29, the Delegation of the RA NA Standing Committee on Foreign Relations and the RF FA Federal Council Committee on International Affairs respectively led by the Chairmen of the Committees Armen Ashotyan and Konstantin Kosachev held a joint sitting in the Capital of the Russian Federation Moscow, the press service of the RA NA informs.
As a result of the sitting, the Chairmen of the partner Committees of the two parliaments signed a joint statement, by which the mechanisms of the inter-parliamentary cooperation formed during the 25th anniversary of the Russian-Armenian diplomatic relations is highly assessed within the framework of the political dialogue existing between Russia and Armenia.
By the signed joint statement the parties express their satisfaction with the friendly relations existing between the two states and continuous development and strengthening of cooperation.
Regarding the international political agenda the parties underlined the availability of the approximate or coinciding positions particularly over the issues, which relate to the problems of the formation of the world order based on the strengthening of multi-polarity and international institutes, principles and norms of universal recognition of the international law.
Both sides also touched upon the problems of regional security. In this context the parties expressed their support to the joint efforts within the CSTO framework aimed at the stability and provision of peaceful development in the South Caucasus. The parties also reaffirmed their commitment of seeking peaceful and mutually acceptable solutions in the settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict based on the principles existing in the joint statements of the Chairmen of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair countries.
Touching upon the perspectives of economic cooperation within the framework of the Eurasian Economic Union, the parties underlined the successes recorded in the trade-economic cooperation.
The parties also highlighted the necessity of the deepening and development of the mutual economic integration for reaching the goals and solving the problems of the effective and competitive unit, the Eurasian Economic Union.
Referring to the problems of the inter-parliamentary cooperation, the parties emphasized the cooperation within the frameworks of the CIS Inter-Parliamentary Assembly, the CSTO PA, the OSCE PA, and expressed readiness to coordinate the actions on the inter-parliamentary platforms for more effective cooperation.
As an inseparable element of the foreign policy the parties also greatly highlighted the role and significance of the parliamentary diplomacy, underlined the practice of holding joint sittings, observing them as an opportunity for giving impetus to the development of the national legislation and harmonizing the processes, and the improvement of the legal practice.
The parties reached an agreement to hold the next joint sitting in Yerevan in the first half of 2018.
- Lukashenko Signed the Law on the Customs Code of the Eurasian Economic Union Earlier, on October 25, the document was adopted by the House of Representatives of the National Assembly of Belarus and on October 27 it was approved by the Council of the Republic of the National Assembly.
- "Armedia" IAA Won "Eurasian Integration and Development - XXI Century" Competition Award The winners were selected from 583 competition materials from all EDB member states.
- What Did the Prime Ministers of the EAEU Countries Agree and What Issues Remained Unresolved? Summing up the results of the discussion, the coordinator of the Eurasian Expert Club Aram Safaryan underscored the importance of overcoming the remaining obstacles and limitations of effective cooperation...
- EAEU Development Tendencies, Formation of Energy Market, Armenia's Participation in Integration Processes At the same time Tavadyan noted that there are still number of shortcomings that need to be overcome, such as high level of corruption in member states, low level of discipline in implementing contracts,...
- Products produced in EAEU shall have free movement in all 5 member countries : Vladimir Bulavin In his words, the customs services of the EAEU member countries play a very important part in the ongoing integration processes in the expanse of this union.
- Russian Figure Skater Prepares a Performance for Armenian Folk Song One of the achievements, which I am proud of is that now I am a candidate for master of sports. On the first day of the city championship I skated a short program.
- Sharmazanov Leaves for Moscow on a Working Visit In Moscow Eduard Sharmazanov will deliver a report at the international forum "Parliamentarians against drugs".
- Russian FM to Pay Official Visit to Armenia The Russian FM will meet with President Serzh Sargsyan.
- Russian Official: Every Delegation Should Come and Bow in Tsitsernakaberd The Armenian people’s great friend Nikolai Ryzhkov noted that he had known about the Armenian Genocide perpetrated in the Ottoman Empire in 1915 since his school years.
- Karen Karapetyan Receives RF Minister of Transport Karen Karapetyan and Maxim Sokolov expressed willingness to continue the ongoing effective cooperation and give fresh impetus to bilateral trade and economic relations.
Trump Says He Would like to Have Russia’s Help with North Korea
Former Policeman Arrested within Case of Russian Ambassador’s Assassination in Turkey
Manchester United is Planning to Sell Mkhitaryan to make space for Mesut Ozil
Syria Accuses Saudi Arabia and the UN for the Failure of Negotiations
EU Leaders Fail on Migration
Donald Trump Thanks Vladimir Putin after his Press-Conference
French School Bus Cut in Two in Rail Crash
Serzh Sargsyan on Karabakh Conflict: It Is Not Possible to Negotiate with One Hand and to Fire with Another
The Next Phase of Brexit Negotiations to Start Soon
UN Warns against 'Sleepwalking' into War over North Korea
Turkey to Open Embassy in East Jerusalem
Turkey’s 37th: How Erdogan Started ''Cleansing'' of His Own Party
Armenian Government Allocated 31.9 Million Drams for Establishing Scientific Research Institute of Chess
Walt Disney Buys Murdoch's Fox for $52.4bn
President Holds Farewell Meeting with Outgoing Lebanese Ambassador
Armenian National Security Service Reveals Terrorist Plot
Weather Forecast in Armenia
Putin: Trump Opponents Harm US with 'Invented' Russia Scandal
EU Leaders' Summit: What's on the Agenda?
Kurz Hopes to Form a Coalition Before Christmas
Armenian Patriarch and 12 other Heads of Churches in Jerusalem Wrote a Letter to President Trump
Russians Should Be Driven out Like Dogs, Armenians Must Be Massacred: Azerbaijani "Scientist''
Tigran Mansurian’s "Requiem" Nominated for Grammy Award
Putin Pushed Erdogan’s Chair to the Ground (VIDEO)
It Is Natural to Be in Artsakh and Struggle along with the People of Artsakh: Today Hero Monte Melkonyan Turns 60
Armenia Pays Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of 1988 Spitak Earthquake
TV Channel Discovery Has Shot 6 Videos about Armenia
Statement by the "European Integration" NGO on Signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU
NKR Defense Army Servicemen Gegham Zaqaryan, Sargis Abrahamyan, Sargis Meliqyan, Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Lebanese-Armenian Independent Researcher: The Crisis in Lebanon Is Not Over (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h