Armenia and Russia Signed a Joint Statement
On September 29, the Delegation of the RA NA Standing Committee on Foreign Relations and the RF FA Federal Council Committee on International Affairs respectively led by the Chairmen of the Committees Armen Ashotyan and Konstantin Kosachev held a joint sitting in the Capital of the Russian Federation Moscow, the press service of the RA NA informs.
As a result of the sitting, the Chairmen of the partner Committees of the two parliaments signed a joint statement, by which the mechanisms of the inter-parliamentary cooperation formed during the 25th anniversary of the Russian-Armenian diplomatic relations is highly assessed within the framework of the political dialogue existing between Russia and Armenia.
By the signed joint statement the parties express their satisfaction with the friendly relations existing between the two states and continuous development and strengthening of cooperation.
Regarding the international political agenda the parties underlined the availability of the approximate or coinciding positions particularly over the issues, which relate to the problems of the formation of the world order based on the strengthening of multi-polarity and international institutes, principles and norms of universal recognition of the international law.
Both sides also touched upon the problems of regional security. In this context the parties expressed their support to the joint efforts within the CSTO framework aimed at the stability and provision of peaceful development in the South Caucasus. The parties also reaffirmed their commitment of seeking peaceful and mutually acceptable solutions in the settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict based on the principles existing in the joint statements of the Chairmen of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair countries.
Touching upon the perspectives of economic cooperation within the framework of the Eurasian Economic Union, the parties underlined the successes recorded in the trade-economic cooperation.
The parties also highlighted the necessity of the deepening and development of the mutual economic integration for reaching the goals and solving the problems of the effective and competitive unit, the Eurasian Economic Union.
Referring to the problems of the inter-parliamentary cooperation, the parties emphasized the cooperation within the frameworks of the CIS Inter-Parliamentary Assembly, the CSTO PA, the OSCE PA, and expressed readiness to coordinate the actions on the inter-parliamentary platforms for more effective cooperation.
As an inseparable element of the foreign policy the parties also greatly highlighted the role and significance of the parliamentary diplomacy, underlined the practice of holding joint sittings, observing them as an opportunity for giving impetus to the development of the national legislation and harmonizing the processes, and the improvement of the legal practice.
The parties reached an agreement to hold the next joint sitting in Yerevan in the first half of 2018.
- Armenia Stays Loyal to Its Two-Vector Integration Policy Reactions to Nikol Pashinyan's election as prime minister also testified the consistent work that had been carried out with both Russia and the West.
- Wine Can Become a National Armenian Brand for Export It is known that the main Armenian products that enter the Eurasian markets are high-quality Armenian cognac, which is a national brand and is exported mainly to Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan, but in...
- EAEU and Iran May Sign a Free-Trade Agreement in 2018 "Negotiations with the EAEU are proceeding well. Iranian Ministry of Industry and Trade is negotiating, they are satisfied. I very much hope that we will see the signing of this agreement in 2018," he...
- Armenia Shows the Best Results in the EAEU: the Eurasian Expert Club Sums up the Results of the Year During the annual conference certificates were presented to five new members of the Eurasian Expert Club, as well as gratitude certificates to the representatives of ten Armenian media for objective coverage...
- Armenia's Integration Processes in 2017 This year, by signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU, Armenia has finally implemented its "both and" policy.
- In Relations with Armenia Russia Proceeds from the Statements of Nikol Pashinyan: Lavrov During the meeting Zohrab Mnatsakanyan noted that the Armenian government is committed to deepening and strengthening cooperation with Russia, this remains one of the priorities, and Yerevan is determined...
- Yerevan Expects New High-Level Contacts with Russia, Mnatsakanyan According to him, Armenia intends to expend its cooperation with Russia in all fields, as well as within Eurasian Economic Union and CSTO.
- The Meeting of the Armenian Foreign Ministers to Kick Off This is the Armenian FM’s first meeting with his Russian counterpart since assuming office.
- Speaker of Parliament of Armenia Meets Qatari Counterpart in Moscow During the meeting the officials discussed issues relating to the inter-parliamentary ties, as well as the development of cooperation between the two countries in different spheres.
- Z. Mnatsakanyan and Ambassador of Russia Discussed Armenian-Russian Agenda Minister Mnatsakanyan and Ambassador Kopyrkin discussed a number of issues relating to the Armenian-Russian agenda, as well as touched upon the timetable of upcoming high-level mutual visits in the context...
Earthquake in Western Iran
Daron Acemoğlu Plans to Visit Armenia in August
Hillary Clinton Says Putin Knows How to 'Manipulate' People Due to KGB Past
Deputy Prime Minister: Acemoğlu Never Demanded any Money from the Armenian Government
Newspaper: Angela Merkel Plans to Visit Armenia in August
Weather Forecast in Armenia
Trump Signs Law on Promoting Human Rights in North Korea
NASA Awards its Highest Honor to Yervant Terzian
Trump Accuses China and EU of Manipulating their Currencies
Israel, Hamas Agree to Restore Calm in Gaza: Hamas
Man Arrested After Knife Attack on German Bus
US Secretary of State Speaks about Trump's Successes in Talks with Putin
Armenia PM: When Azerbaijan will be Inclined to Compromise, We will Discuss Compromise Limit for us
EU Urged Member States to Prepare for Brexit Negotiations
Trump: I'll be Putin's Worst Enemy
President of Artsakh addresses congratulatory message on foreign ministry’s 25th anniversary
PM Receives Special Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office on Combating Corruption
Israel Has Adopted Divisive Jewish Nation-State Law
Trump Is Looking Forward to a Second Meeting with Putin
Zakharova: Russia Wants to Restore Relations with Georgia
Prince William Got an Armenian Cross as a Gift
A Lebanese Politician of Armenian Ethnic Origins is in the top-5 of the Most Successful Business Women in the Middle East
Nikol Pashinyan: "Our most important goal is not only to stop the tide of emigration, but to reverse the trend" (PHOTOS)
Feast of Transfiguration of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Erdogan Plans to Involve Ethnic Armenian Economist Daron Acemoglu in the New Cabinet
Comment by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh on the UN Security Council Resolutions on the Azerbaijan-Karabakh Conflict
At the Invitation of President Armen Sarkissian President of Italy Sergio Mattarella will Conduct a State Visit to Armenia
Commemoration of the Tabernacle of Old Testament (or the Old Ark) and the Feast of the New Holy Church
War mongering and saber rattling are irrelevant: Armenian FM on Ilham Aliyev's Statement about Karabakh Conflict
Nikol Pashinyan: "The Rule of Law and Human Rights Should be Strictly Respected in the Fight Against Corruption"
Wind: 6.44 km/h