Armenia and Russia Signed a Joint Statement
On September 29, the Delegation of the RA NA Standing Committee on Foreign Relations and the RF FA Federal Council Committee on International Affairs respectively led by the Chairmen of the Committees Armen Ashotyan and Konstantin Kosachev held a joint sitting in the Capital of the Russian Federation Moscow, the press service of the RA NA informs.
As a result of the sitting, the Chairmen of the partner Committees of the two parliaments signed a joint statement, by which the mechanisms of the inter-parliamentary cooperation formed during the 25th anniversary of the Russian-Armenian diplomatic relations is highly assessed within the framework of the political dialogue existing between Russia and Armenia.
By the signed joint statement the parties express their satisfaction with the friendly relations existing between the two states and continuous development and strengthening of cooperation.
Regarding the international political agenda the parties underlined the availability of the approximate or coinciding positions particularly over the issues, which relate to the problems of the formation of the world order based on the strengthening of multi-polarity and international institutes, principles and norms of universal recognition of the international law.
Both sides also touched upon the problems of regional security. In this context the parties expressed their support to the joint efforts within the CSTO framework aimed at the stability and provision of peaceful development in the South Caucasus. The parties also reaffirmed their commitment of seeking peaceful and mutually acceptable solutions in the settlement of Nagorno Karabakh conflict based on the principles existing in the joint statements of the Chairmen of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair countries.
Touching upon the perspectives of economic cooperation within the framework of the Eurasian Economic Union, the parties underlined the successes recorded in the trade-economic cooperation.
The parties also highlighted the necessity of the deepening and development of the mutual economic integration for reaching the goals and solving the problems of the effective and competitive unit, the Eurasian Economic Union.
Referring to the problems of the inter-parliamentary cooperation, the parties emphasized the cooperation within the frameworks of the CIS Inter-Parliamentary Assembly, the CSTO PA, the OSCE PA, and expressed readiness to coordinate the actions on the inter-parliamentary platforms for more effective cooperation.
As an inseparable element of the foreign policy the parties also greatly highlighted the role and significance of the parliamentary diplomacy, underlined the practice of holding joint sittings, observing them as an opportunity for giving impetus to the development of the national legislation and harmonizing the processes, and the improvement of the legal practice.
The parties reached an agreement to hold the next joint sitting in Yerevan in the first half of 2018.
- Wine Can Become a National Armenian Brand for Export It is known that the main Armenian products that enter the Eurasian markets are high-quality Armenian cognac, which is a national brand and is exported mainly to Russia, Belarus and Kazakhstan, but in...
- EAEU and Iran May Sign a Free-Trade Agreement in 2018 "Negotiations with the EAEU are proceeding well. Iranian Ministry of Industry and Trade is negotiating, they are satisfied. I very much hope that we will see the signing of this agreement in 2018," he...
- Armenia Shows the Best Results in the EAEU: the Eurasian Expert Club Sums up the Results of the Year During the annual conference certificates were presented to five new members of the Eurasian Expert Club, as well as gratitude certificates to the representatives of ten Armenian media for objective coverage...
- Armenia's Integration Processes in 2017 This year, by signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU, Armenia has finally implemented its "both and" policy.
- Lukashenko Signed the Law on the Customs Code of the Eurasian Economic Union Earlier, on October 25, the document was adopted by the House of Representatives of the National Assembly of Belarus and on October 27 it was approved by the Council of the Republic of the National Assembly.
- The CSTO PA Should Strictly Respond to Azerbaijan’s Destructive Actions In his word, the last military exercises of Azerbaijan are carried out by the violation of the international standards.
- Armenian Shoes Are Presented at the Exhibition in Moscow As a result of last year’s "Mosshoes" expos in Spring and Autumn, 18 Armenian companies signed export contracts with a total value of about 682 million AMD.
- Armenian and Russian Peoples’ Friendship is Anchored on Christian Values: Eduard Sharmazanov In the implementation of the initiatives and the programmes the guests underlined the support of the History of the Motherland Foundation and the Russian Centre for Science and Culture in Yerevan.
- Ara Babloyan Participated at Opening Ceremony of Armenian-Russian Exhibition "Together" The cornerstone of our countries’ inter-state relations is the treaty on Friendship, Cooperation and Mutual Aid, and its twentieth anniversary we also marked in the jubilee year – in 2017.
- RA NA Deputy Speaker Appointed Head of the CSTO PA Observation Mission at the Russian Presidential Elections This is informed by the press service of the RA National Assembly.
Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Says Only Death Will Stop Him from Ruling the Kingdom
The Task of Merkel's Fourth Term as Chancellor Will Be Not to Hurt the New Government
WhoScored: Mkhitaryan is Arsenal’s best performing player
Budding Diplomacy between US and North Korea
Kurds Promise Nightmare for Turks in Afrin
12 Armenians Will Participate in Dutch Local Elections
Washington: Bako Sahakyan Visited St. Mary and Holy Cross Armenian Apostolic Churches
Serzh Sargsyan Sends Congratulatory Message to Vladimir Putin
Trump Offers Death Penalty for Drug Dealers
Scripal's Poisoning: A Reason for Tense Relations Between London and Moscow?
Europe's Indifference and Turkey's Interests
Boris Johnson to Support to UK Diplomats Expelled from Russia
Boris Johnson Accused Russia of Secretely Stockpiling the Deadly Nerve Agent
Afrin Urges International Communities to Stop Turkey
Erdogan: Turkey Has Taken Full Control of the Center of Afrin
Sri Lanka Lifted a Nationwide State of Emergency
Bako Sahakyan: The Armenian Community of America and our American Friends are Actively Involved in the Process of the International Recognition of Artsakh
Iran Arrests Ahmadinejad’s Close Ally and Ex-Vice President
Voting for Presidential Election Starts in Russia
Sunday of Advent
James Bagyan: The Only Armenian that Was in Space and Can Make Dolma
Why the Figure Skater Evgenia Medvedeva (Babasyan) Did Not Take Her Father's Name?
Armenian President Schools Azeri Diplomat on History at Munich Security Conference
Azerbaijani Blogger: Armenians Did not Destroy Azerbaijani Graves in Karabakh
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
President Attends Bookinist Bookstore on the Occasion of Book Giving Day
Armenia Negotiates with Four Countries over Creation of Persian Gulf: Black Sea Transit Corridor
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Serzh Sargsyan: Azerbaijan’s Position Regarding the Nagorno Karabakh Issue is a Flagrant Violation of the Helsinki Spirit
Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia: Armenia Plays a Positive Role in Improving Russian-Georgian Relations (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 11.27 km/h