EU Defends Iran Deal
The European Union on Monday reaffirmed its support for a 2015 nuclear deal between Iran and world powers despite sharp criticism of the accord by President Donald Trump, and it urged U.S. lawmakers not to reimpose sanctions on Tehran, Reuters reports.
Trump defied both U.S. allies and adversaries on Friday by refusing to formally certify that Tehran is complying with the accord, even though international inspectors say it is, and said he might ultimately terminate the agreement.
EU foreign ministers meeting in Luxembourg said a failure to uphold an international agreement backed by the U.N. Security Council could have serious consequences for regional peace, and also undermine efforts to check North Korea’s nuclear ambitions.
“As Europeans together, we are very worried that the decision of the U.S. president could lead us back into military confrontation with Iran,” German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel told reporters.
After a closed-door meeting chaired by EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini on how best to proceed on the Iran issue, the ministers issued a joint statement saying the 2015 deal was key to preventing the global spread of nuclear weapons.
- Sigmar Gabriel: Serbia Must Recognize Kosovo's Independence to Join EU That is a central condition to take the path toward, Gabriel said
- Armenia and Bulgaria Acknowledge Their Role in Connecting the Gulf Coast to the Europe In this context, the rising interest of Bulgarian businessmen to invest in Armenian was especially prioritized, which was first of all conditioned by the membership of Armenia to the EAEU, the EU-Armenia...
- EU Welcomes German Coalition's ''New Departure for Europe'' Martin Schulz celebrated his party's coalition deal with Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservatives on Wednesday, saying it meant Germany "will return to an active and leading role in the European Union."
- Britain's May Gets 9 Billion Pounds Deals in China Britain is trying to reinvent itself as a global trading nation after a 2016 referendum decision to leave the European Union, and China, the world’s second-largest economy, is high on the list of countries...
- Catalonia Postpones Vote for New President Puigdemont said he was disappointed at the postponed vote and said he was the only possible candidate for regional president.
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
Armenia MFA: Absence of Adequate Reaction to Azerbaijan President’s Statement has Encouraged his Defense Minister
Turkey Orders Detention of 170 Soldiers for Links to Coup Plotters
UN Concerned over Possible Confrontation between Israel and Hezbollah
Bako Sahakyan Sends Cogratulatory Message on Artsakh Revival Day
Putin and Erdogan to Meet in April
Explosion at Yerevan Building.14 People Evacuated
Merkel: Brexit is a challenge for EU budget
President of Artsakh: Artsakh Revival Day Obliges Us Be Stronger
President Attends Bookinist Bookstore on the Occasion of Book Giving Day
Armenia Is Breeding a Generation of Chess Whizz Kids
Annual Press Conference of the Foreign Minister of Artsakh
School of Advanced Chinese-Language Teaching to Function in Armenia
Armenia Will Be Presented at the Forklife Festival in USA
Snowman Festival in Jermuk Town of Armenia
President of Lebanon to Arrive in Armenia February 21
Precipitation Is Predicted in Armenia
Yerevan to Host TRACECA Intergovernmental Commission Meeting
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
Istanbul: Armenian Track & Field Athlete Wins Gold at Balkan Championship
Russian Figure Skater of Armenian Origin Sets a World Record
When Erdogan Saw Pope's Chair He Demanded the Same for Himself (PHOTO)
The Day of the Formation of the Armenian Army: Congratulations, Armenian Soldier!
Emil Jamil Lahoud: Armenian President of Lebanon
Armenian President Schools Azeri Diplomat on History at Munich Security Conference
The Election of PACE New President Will Create Favorable Environment for Our Delegation's Work: Naira Karapetyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Terrorism Is Not the First Challenge the US Faces Any Longer (Comparative Alalysis of US Military Strategies)
The Spiritual Leader of the Armenian Armed Forces: The Aspiration to Keep the Army Awake, in Prayer and in Blessing, Make the Armenian Clergyman Be in the Armed Forces
Football Tournament in Memory of Hrant Dink Was Held in Turkey
We Will Continue to Implement our Reform Agenda: Armenian Prime Minister's Interview with Euronews (Video)
Wind: 11.27 km/h