EU Defends Iran Deal
The European Union on Monday reaffirmed its support for a 2015 nuclear deal between Iran and world powers despite sharp criticism of the accord by President Donald Trump, and it urged U.S. lawmakers not to reimpose sanctions on Tehran, Reuters reports.
Trump defied both U.S. allies and adversaries on Friday by refusing to formally certify that Tehran is complying with the accord, even though international inspectors say it is, and said he might ultimately terminate the agreement.
EU foreign ministers meeting in Luxembourg said a failure to uphold an international agreement backed by the U.N. Security Council could have serious consequences for regional peace, and also undermine efforts to check North Korea’s nuclear ambitions.
“As Europeans together, we are very worried that the decision of the U.S. president could lead us back into military confrontation with Iran,” German Foreign Minister Sigmar Gabriel told reporters.
After a closed-door meeting chaired by EU foreign policy chief Federica Mogherini on how best to proceed on the Iran issue, the ministers issued a joint statement saying the 2015 deal was key to preventing the global spread of nuclear weapons.
- The EU will Publish a Black List of Offshore Countries by the End of Next Year At the moment 90 countries are being monitored, and if they do not want to be listed, they must accept all rules established by EU.
- Luis R. Corteguera: Declaration of Independence by Catalonia Might Move Madrid to Apply Article 155 of the Spanish Constitution (EXCLUSIVE) Efforts to stop the vote by relying on the courts to declare the referendum illegal, by taking control of Catalan finances to prevent expenditures on the referendum, and finally, by deploying thousands...
- Freedom of Speech Cannot Justify Hate Speech: Germany Fights Hate Speech Moreover, the scope of the problem should be extended to the punishment and fines for various officials, who spread hate speech on the highest level against the nations they consider their enemies.
- Catalan Independence Referendum: Opinions from Catalonia (EXCLUSIVE) "Spain's government is threatening people with thousands of policemen bullying citizens and forbidding universal rights such as freedom of expression. But we are not afraid anymore, and we are determined...
- EU Extended Sanctions on Russia by Six Months Despite the fact that several EU members have repeatedly voiced disapproval of anti-Russian sanctions policy and called for lifting them, which harm their states' trade with Russia, Brussels continues...
Aurora Prize Selection Committee Will Gather to Review 2018 Aurora Prize Nominations
Artsakh State Minister Discusses Trade Connections with Californian Senator
Iraqi Forces Launch the Final Campaign Against the ISIS
Russia, Iran and Turkey Agreed to Hold Syrian People's Congress
Bako Sahakyan Had a Meeting at the French National Assembly
Serzh Sargsyan Attends Opening of Tsaghkadzor Open International Chess Tournament
Iranian President Sees New Prospects for Syrian Settlement
Putin: The Disintegration of Syria Has Been Prevented
US Called Myanmar Military Operation Against the Rohingya Population "Ethnic Cleansing"
Armenian FM: We Have Always Had Very Strong Relations with Muslim Nations and States
Mkhitaryan on 50-footballer Shortlist for UEFA 2017 Team of the Year
Erdogan: All Sides Should Contribute to Reach a Permanent Political Solution in Syria
Escape from North Korea: Video Shows North Korean Soldier Making a Run for Freedom (Video)
China Unveils Monster "Sea Tank" (Video)
Mourinho Has No Problem with Henrikh Mkhitaryan
North Korea Bans Drinking and Singing Parties
Hariri Shelved His Decision to Resign
Ratko Mladic Found Guilty of Genocide over Bosnia War
Armenian Dram Turns 20
Skype Is Fined at the Amount of $36,000 in Belgium
Armenian Culture at Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York
Armenian Foreign Minister: There Could Be No Holocaust If the Armenian Genocide Was Recognized in Time
Medvedev Posted Photos of Armenia
RA Prime Minister Donated His One-Year Salary to the Hayastan All-Armenian Fund
We Condemn the Assassination Attempt on the Head of the Armenia-Ukraine Friendship Group: Karen Bekaryan
Erdogan Passes to a Policy of Cursing Armenia
EAEU Development Tendencies, Formation of Energy Market, Armenia's Participation in Integration Processes
RA Foreign Policy Priorities in the RA-EU Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement (Reference)
With the Joint Efforts of Our EPP Partners and Our Delegation Members, the Azerbaijani Proposal Was Rejected: Karine Atshemyan (EXCLUSIVE)
D. Babayan: If Artsakh Issue is a Bleeding Wound for Turkey, what about the Issue of Armenian, Greek, Kurdish Genocides?
Wind: 11.27 km/h