Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Delivered a Speech in Brussels
On October 20, in Brussels, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh (Nagorno Karabakh Republic) Masis Mayilian delivered a speech entitled ‘Prospects of EU - Artsakh cooperation: A way to contribute to peace and stability in the South Caucasus’, addressing a roundtable organized by the European Friends of Armenia NGO.
In his speech, Masis Mayilian briefed on the challenges facing the South Caucasus, noting that Azerbaijan’s nihilistic attitude to international law, disregard for the fundamental rights of the citizens of Artsakh and the very right of the Republic of Artsakh to exist are the main sources of threat to regional peace and security. By aggressively imposing the logic of confrontation, the Azerbaijani authorities demonstrate that their goal is not to achieve peace through dialogue, but to gain a unilateral military and political advantage.
The Foreign Minister of Artsakh expressed confidence that the EU cooperation with Artsakh would play a stabilizing role and become an important contribution to establishing lasting peace in the South Caucasus. It would signal the inadmissibility of using confrontation and isolation as a means of resolving conflicts, since they are fraught with destabilization of the entire region. He stressed that promotion of human rights and fundamental freedoms should not fall hostage to the unresolved Azerbaijani-Karabakh conflict, and the unrecognized status of Artsakh should not serve as an obstacle to the cooperation between Artsakh and the European Union.
Human Rights Defender of the Republic of Artsakh Ruben Melikyan also participated in the roundtable and delivered a speech, briefing on the current situation in the field of human rights protection in Artsakh.
- Lavrov Says the Settlement of Karabakh Conflict Will Take a Long Time Mr. Lavrov also praised the positive attitude of the Armenian and Azerbaijani presidents towards the Geneva summit as an important fact to achieve progress in the conflict settlement.
- Lavrov: The Current Relations Between Russia and the US Have Not Affected Their Cooperation on Karabakh Conflict The Russian foreign minister also expressed hope that the meeting between Azerbaijani and Armenian Presidents Ilham Aliyev and Serzh Sargsyan that was held in October will help overcome "some kind of stagnation"...
- MFA: Turkey Is Light-Years Away from the Essence of Karabakh Conflict Turkey should continue to stay away from the NK conflict settlement process as much as possible.
- Matthew Bryza: Karabakh - an Example of Absolute Cooperation Between the US and Russia "We have completely opposing views on the conflict in Georgia (South Ossetia and Abkhazia in 2008 - Ed.), And at the same time we are absolutely cooperating on Nagorno-Karabakh and on combating terrorism,"...
- 2018 Budget of Artsakh Will Pay Special Attention to Settlement Projects To note, the settlement processes in Artsakh have been mainly organized by other projects during the recent years such as the one encouraging families to have many children, settlement of Syrian Armenians.
Sharmazanov: Armenia Can Serve as a Dialogue Bridge between EU and EAEU
Aurora Prize Selection Committee Will Gather to Review 2018 Aurora Prize Nominations
Artsakh State Minister Discusses Trade Connections with Californian Senator
Iraqi Forces Launch the Final Campaign Against the ISIS
Russia, Iran and Turkey Agreed to Hold Syrian People's Congress
Bako Sahakyan Had a Meeting at the French National Assembly
Serzh Sargsyan Attends Opening of Tsaghkadzor Open International Chess Tournament
Iranian President Sees New Prospects for Syrian Settlement
Putin: The Disintegration of Syria Has Been Prevented
US Called Myanmar Military Operation Against the Rohingya Population "Ethnic Cleansing"
Armenian FM: We Have Always Had Very Strong Relations with Muslim Nations and States
Mkhitaryan on 50-footballer Shortlist for UEFA 2017 Team of the Year
Erdogan: All Sides Should Contribute to Reach a Permanent Political Solution in Syria
Escape from North Korea: Video Shows North Korean Soldier Making a Run for Freedom (Video)
China Unveils Monster "Sea Tank" (Video)
Mourinho Has No Problem with Henrikh Mkhitaryan
North Korea Bans Drinking and Singing Parties
Hariri Shelved His Decision to Resign
Ratko Mladic Found Guilty of Genocide over Bosnia War
Armenian Dram Turns 20
Armenian Culture at Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York
Armenian Foreign Minister: There Could Be No Holocaust If the Armenian Genocide Was Recognized in Time
Medvedev Posted Photos of Armenia
RA Prime Minister Donated His One-Year Salary to the Hayastan All-Armenian Fund
We Condemn the Assassination Attempt on the Head of the Armenia-Ukraine Friendship Group: Karen Bekaryan
Erdogan Passes to a Policy of Cursing Armenia
EAEU Development Tendencies, Formation of Energy Market, Armenia's Participation in Integration Processes
With the Joint Efforts of Our EPP Partners and Our Delegation Members, the Azerbaijani Proposal Was Rejected: Karine Atshemyan (EXCLUSIVE)
D. Babayan: If Artsakh Issue is a Bleeding Wound for Turkey, what about the Issue of Armenian, Greek, Kurdish Genocides?
Andrew Schofer: US Calls Upon Karabakh Conflict Sides to Fully Implement the Decisions Taken at Vienna and St. Petersburg Meetings
Wind: 11.27 km/h