Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Delivered a Speech in Brussels
On October 20, in Brussels, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh (Nagorno Karabakh Republic) Masis Mayilian delivered a speech entitled ‘Prospects of EU - Artsakh cooperation: A way to contribute to peace and stability in the South Caucasus’, addressing a roundtable organized by the European Friends of Armenia NGO.
In his speech, Masis Mayilian briefed on the challenges facing the South Caucasus, noting that Azerbaijan’s nihilistic attitude to international law, disregard for the fundamental rights of the citizens of Artsakh and the very right of the Republic of Artsakh to exist are the main sources of threat to regional peace and security. By aggressively imposing the logic of confrontation, the Azerbaijani authorities demonstrate that their goal is not to achieve peace through dialogue, but to gain a unilateral military and political advantage.
The Foreign Minister of Artsakh expressed confidence that the EU cooperation with Artsakh would play a stabilizing role and become an important contribution to establishing lasting peace in the South Caucasus. It would signal the inadmissibility of using confrontation and isolation as a means of resolving conflicts, since they are fraught with destabilization of the entire region. He stressed that promotion of human rights and fundamental freedoms should not fall hostage to the unresolved Azerbaijani-Karabakh conflict, and the unrecognized status of Artsakh should not serve as an obstacle to the cooperation between Artsakh and the European Union.
Human Rights Defender of the Republic of Artsakh Ruben Melikyan also participated in the roundtable and delivered a speech, briefing on the current situation in the field of human rights protection in Artsakh.
- Three Tasks of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Visit to Armenia Despite the statements of the new authorities on the continuity of Armenia's policy on the Karabakh issue, there are some new accents. And in this case, the co-chairs would like to understand how much...
- NKR Defense Army Serviceman Wounded from Opponent's Shot An investigation is underway to determine the details of the incident.
- Azerbaijan Fails to Lead OSCE Mission to its Frontlines during Monitoring The monitoring passed in accordance with the agreed schedule. However, the Azerbaijani side failed to lead the OSCE mission to its frontline positions, the Artsakh Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
- Bako Sahakyan Met with Andrzej Kasprzyk The meeting addressed a range of issues related to the situation along the contact line between the Artsakh and Azerbaijan armed forces.
- Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office During the meeting, the sides discussed issues related to the organization of the monitoring conducted by the Office of the Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office.
25 US Lawmakers Urge Pompeo to Provide Considerable Assistance to Armenia
Germania Airline Launches Direct Flights between Yerevan and Berlin
Trump: US Will Not be ''Migrant Camp''
Trump’s Approval Rating Hits Highest Point in Presidency
Kim Jong-un Visits China After Trump Summit
PM receives European Parliament Delegation
Events Within the Frameworks of the “Days of Artsakh in France” Started in Martigues
NKR President Sent a Thank-You Letter to Armenian PM Nikol Pashinyan
Iran Will Increase Gas Export to Armenia This Year
Prime Minister Receives OSCE Countries’ Representatives
President Armen Sarkissian Will Travel Abroad
Bulgaria Ratified Armenia-EU Agreement
Ara Babloyan Addresses RA NA Factions with Proposal of Beginning Debates on the Electoral Code
Erdogan Wanted a Base in the Antarctic
Japan Earthquake: Three Dead and Hundreds Injured
A Woman Can Become The President Of Georgia
Pashinyan and Sahakyan Discussed a Wide Range of Issues on Army Building
Igor Muradyan Died
Three Tasks of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Visit to Armenia
Private Plane Crashes in Russia
Nikol Pashinyan to Resign During a Year
MFA: Armenia Has Initiated Moves to Strengthen Cooperation with Israel
It’s Already Two Months Azerbaijan Has Accumulated Troops in Different Parts of the Contact Line, Davit Babayan
Prime Minister Pashinyan Attends Gala Concert Dedicated to World Foot Championship in Red Square (PHOTOS)
Alexander Lapshin Claims Azerbaijan Might Be Behind the Death of Anthony Bourdain for Artsakh Episode
Foreign Minister of Armenia Received the Delegation of the Secretariat of International Organization of La Francophonie
Armenians Worldwide Are Invited to Participate in ''Come and Dance the Armenian Kochari'' Pan-Armenian Flashmob
Nikol Pashinyan Attends in Tbilisi the Reception Dedicated to 100th Anniversary of First Armenian Republic
U.S. Secretary of State Shares Enthusiasm about Armenia's Peaceful, Constitutional Political Transition
Some Citizens Were Allowed to Visit Graveyard of Gyunut. Armenia Defense Ministry Anwered Azerbaijan's Announcement
Wind: 11.27 km/h