Foreign Minister of the Republic of Artsakh Delivered a Speech in Brussels
On October 20, in Brussels, Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh (Nagorno Karabakh Republic) Masis Mayilian delivered a speech entitled ‘Prospects of EU - Artsakh cooperation: A way to contribute to peace and stability in the South Caucasus’, addressing a roundtable organized by the European Friends of Armenia NGO.
In his speech, Masis Mayilian briefed on the challenges facing the South Caucasus, noting that Azerbaijan’s nihilistic attitude to international law, disregard for the fundamental rights of the citizens of Artsakh and the very right of the Republic of Artsakh to exist are the main sources of threat to regional peace and security. By aggressively imposing the logic of confrontation, the Azerbaijani authorities demonstrate that their goal is not to achieve peace through dialogue, but to gain a unilateral military and political advantage.
The Foreign Minister of Artsakh expressed confidence that the EU cooperation with Artsakh would play a stabilizing role and become an important contribution to establishing lasting peace in the South Caucasus. It would signal the inadmissibility of using confrontation and isolation as a means of resolving conflicts, since they are fraught with destabilization of the entire region. He stressed that promotion of human rights and fundamental freedoms should not fall hostage to the unresolved Azerbaijani-Karabakh conflict, and the unrecognized status of Artsakh should not serve as an obstacle to the cooperation between Artsakh and the European Union.
Human Rights Defender of the Republic of Artsakh Ruben Melikyan also participated in the roundtable and delivered a speech, briefing on the current situation in the field of human rights protection in Artsakh.
- Azerbaijan, in Fact, Refuses Any Negotiation, Threatening by War Azerbaijani side acknowledged that they are ready to begin military operations at the first convenient moment. And this, in fact, is a refusal of a political settlement through negotiations.
- Three Tasks of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Visit to Armenia Despite the statements of the new authorities on the continuity of Armenia's policy on the Karabakh issue, there are some new accents. And in this case, the co-chairs would like to understand how much...
- NKR Defense Army Serviceman Wounded from Opponent's Shot An investigation is underway to determine the details of the incident.
- Azerbaijan Fails to Lead OSCE Mission to its Frontlines during Monitoring The monitoring passed in accordance with the agreed schedule. However, the Azerbaijani side failed to lead the OSCE mission to its frontline positions, the Artsakh Foreign Ministry said in a statement.
- Bako Sahakyan Met with Andrzej Kasprzyk The meeting addressed a range of issues related to the situation along the contact line between the Artsakh and Azerbaijan armed forces.
Ethiopia: One dead and Dozens Hurt in Grenade Attack at Pro-PM Rally
Erdogan Faces Test in Critical Elections: DW
OSCE Is Eager to Step Up its Links with Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan: Permanent Representatives Return from Fruitful Trip
Bako Sahakyan Visited the Town of Karvachar
Serzh Sargsyan Sent a Congratulatory Message to Armen Sarkissian on Birthday Anniversary
The first soldier to be awarded the Victoria Cross (VC) by Queen Elizabeth II, has died aged 90
US and South Korea suspend more joint military exercises
Commemoration of Sts. Tiridates, King of Armenia, Queen Ashkhen and Princess Khosrovidoukht
Azerbaijan, in Fact, Refuses Any Negotiation, Threatening by War
Appointment of The Ambassador is Very Important for Armenia-Ukraine Relations: Head of the Armenia-Ukraine Friendship Group
EU Tariffs on US Products Come into Effect
Trump Extends Sanctions Against North Korea for Another Year
EU Լeaders to Prolong Sanctions against Russia
Armenia assumes PABSEC presidency
Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Mamuka Bakhtadze on His Election as Prime Minister of Georgia
Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Has His First Meeting with Azerbaijani FM
Donald Trump "Threw Starbursts at Angela Merkel" During G7 Summit
Nikol Pashinyan Receives Armenia Air Company President Tamaz Gayashvili
Nikol Pashinyan: "A Historical Process of Reconciliation Between Law-Enforcement Authorities and Society is Taking Place in Armenia"
Joint Press Statement Following the First Partnership Council Meeting between the European Union and Armenia
Nikol Pashinyan to Resign During a Year
Prime Minister Pashinyan Attends Gala Concert Dedicated to World Foot Championship in Red Square (PHOTOS)
It’s Already Two Months Azerbaijan Has Accumulated Troops in Different Parts of the Contact Line, Davit Babayan
Alexander Lapshin Claims Azerbaijan Might Be Behind the Death of Anthony Bourdain for Artsakh Episode
Newlywed Foreigners Apply for Artsakh Visa with Bride Wearing a Wedding Dress
Supporters of the Armenian Genocide in Turkey Received Documentary Evidence from the Prosecutor's Office of Istanbul
The Issue of Recognition of the Armenian Genocide is a Tool in Turkish-Israeli Relations: Armen Petrosyan
Nikol Pashinyan Visits Prelacy of Holy Transformation Church of Russia and New Nakhichevan Diocese (PHOTOS)
''Armenian-Russian Relations are Developing Steadily and Dynamically'' - Nikol Pashinyan Meets with Dmitry Medvedev
Nikol Pashinyan Attends in Tbilisi the Reception Dedicated to 100th Anniversary of First Armenian Republic
Wind: 6.44 km/h