Armenian Culture at Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York
The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York, one of the world’s prestigious cultural centers, will host an exclusive exhibition presenting the historical and cultural heritage of the Armenian people in the 4th-17th centuries, Hayern Aysor reports.
The opening of the exhibition is scheduled for Armenia’s Independence Day on September 21, 2018.
The facilitator of the Byzantine Section of the Department of Medieval Arts and Monasteries of the Metropolitan Museum of Art Helen Evans provided details about the exhibition at Ararat Eskijian Museum.
"The exhibition will present the history and culture of the Armenian people starting from the early Middle Age and ending with the 17th century, including the adoption of Christianity, the Armenian alphabet created by Mesrop Mashtots and its impact, samples from the years of the Armenian Kingdom of Cilicia, manuscripts of different centuries and the first print books in Armenian,” Helen Evans informed.
The exhibition will mainly feature samples from the Museum of the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin, the Mesrop Mashtots Institute of Ancient Manuscripts-Matenadaran and the History Museum, certain treasures of Armenian medieval culture kept at the St. Hakobyants Armenian Church of Jerusalem, the Catholicosate of the Great House of Cilicia and the Mekhitarist Congregation, and the Calouste Gulbenkian Foundation and certain non-Armenian sources will provide samples.
- Armenian Don Boyajian to Become US Congressman Boyajian will face a primary election to win his party’s nomination.
- Rex Tillerson: North Korea Must Earn Right to Talks Mr Tillerson said Pyongyang had to carry out a "sustained cessation" of weapons testing before any talks.
- Putin: Trump Opponents Harm US with 'Invented' Russia Scandal Putin said the US opposition was not treating those who elected Mr. Trump with respect.
- Foreign Minister of Artsakh Met With Members of the Armenian Assembly of America’s Delegation During the meeting, the sides discussed a range of issues related to the prospects of expanding the frameworks of the cooperation between Artsakh and the AAA.
- Erdogan Urged Muslim Leaders to Recognize Jerusalem as a Capital of the Palestinian State Erdogan went on to accuse Israel of being a "state of terror".
- Giuseppe Verdi's Requiem to commemorate Genocide victims The concert, dedicated to the International Day of Commemoration of the Victims of the Crime of Genocide and to the memory of the Spitak earthquake victims, is scheduled at Aram Khachaturian Concert Hall...
- Armenian Kochari in the UNESCO List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage "Kochari, traditional group dance, just inscribed on the Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity #Armenia #IntangibleHeritage #12COM."
- Armenia Among Fast-Growing Tourist Destinations in the UN List Because it was the world’s first Christian country, many of the most popular tourist attractions are monasteries that date back thousands of year.
- Tigran Mansurian’s "Requiem" Nominated for Grammy Award Armenian conductor Constantine Orbelian has also been nominated for Grammy in the "Best Classical Solo Vocal Album" category for his role in the late Russian opera singer Dmitri Hvorostovsky’s latest...
- Aznavour Awarded with Medal Aznavour noted that he will continue giving concerts and plans to give a concert in December 2017 in Bersi, which is the largest concert hall in Paris.
Saudi Women Will Aso be Allowed to Drive Trucks, Ride Motorcycles
Joint Consultation Chaired by Artsakh President and Armenian Prime Minister
Russia Chose the Name for the Bridge in the Crimea
Armenian Don Boyajian to Become US Congressman
Egypt Opens Gaza Border for Four Days
MFA Of Armenia: Ankara Is Not Ready To Normalize The Armenian-Turkish Relations
Rex Tillerson: North Korea Must Earn Right to Talks
China and UK to Strengthen Economic and Financial Cooperation
Weather Forecast in Armenia : Precipitation is Predicted
Trump Said The Worst People Come To U.S. By Visa Lottery
Trump Says He Would like to Have Russia’s Help with North Korea
Former Policeman Arrested within Case of Russian Ambassador’s Assassination in Turkey
Manchester United is Planning to Sell Mkhitaryan to make space for Mesut Ozil
Syria Accuses Saudi Arabia and the UN for the Failure of Negotiations
EU Leaders Fail on Migration
Donald Trump Thanks Vladimir Putin after his Press-Conference
French School Bus Cut in Two in Rail Crash
Serzh Sargsyan on Karabakh Conflict: It Is Not Possible to Negotiate with One Hand and to Fire with Another
The Next Phase of Brexit Negotiations to Start Soon
UN Warns against 'Sleepwalking' into War over North Korea
Armenian Patriarch and 12 other Heads of Churches in Jerusalem Wrote a Letter to President Trump
Russians Should Be Driven out Like Dogs, Armenians Must Be Massacred: Azerbaijani "Scientist''
Tigran Mansurian’s "Requiem" Nominated for Grammy Award
Putin Pushed Erdogan’s Chair to the Ground (VIDEO)
It Is Natural to Be in Artsakh and Struggle along with the People of Artsakh: Today Hero Monte Melkonyan Turns 60
Armenia Pays Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of 1988 Spitak Earthquake
TV Channel Discovery Has Shot 6 Videos about Armenia
Statement by the "European Integration" NGO on Signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU
NKR Defense Army Servicemen Gegham Zaqaryan, Sargis Abrahamyan, Sargis Meliqyan, Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Lebanese-Armenian Independent Researcher: The Crisis in Lebanon Is Not Over (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h