Armenian Dram Turns 20
Armenia’s national currency, the dram, has turned 20 today, Armenian Banks reports.
The process of replacing Soviet rubles with the new national currency began on November 22, 1993.
After 10 days, the Central Bank shifted from the policy of maintaining a fixed exchange rate of the dram against the US dollar to the floating exchange rate. This policy has been maintained since then.
- The Increase of Prices Announced by the Central Bank of Armenia for 2018 Has Caused Misunderstanding First, it is worth noting that the CB's targeted four-percent inflation, which was mentioned in the statement, is the derivative of the two main reasons - the Customs Union rates and the expected global...
- Armenian-Iranian Business Forum Took Place in Yerevan DFA stressed that “for Iranian entrepreneurs doing business in Armenia will be by 23% more affordable with more skilled labor and financial sustainability.”
- Armenia to Raise Drinking Water Tariff Veolia Djur submitted the application for raising the tariffs by AMD 14 in August.
- More Than 180 Vacancies Presented at Work Fair in Yerevan The career and entrepreneurship fair is the largest U.S. Embassy-supported event in Armenia during Global Entrepreneurship Week, a weeklong promotion of entrepreneurship in nearly 170 countries worldwide....
- World Bank Provides $2 million Loan for Armenia Financing was originally provided only for the gravity structure, plus the main and secondary canals.
- New Job Places in Berdashen: Near Border Small Village Mr. Chapanyan’s business created 5 new jobs, his factory will source raw milk directly from local villagers, thus making huge contribution to his community. Other residents of the village were highly...
- Government of India Demands to Voluntarily Declare about Black Money Indian government is expecting to find out those who are holding undeclared assets abroad.
- Russia Bans Buffalo Meat Import from India There are four companies that are importing buffalo meat to Russia and three of them are located in Uttar Pradesh.
- Asian Countries have a Progress in Achieving Sustainable Energy A new report from World Bank found that Asian countries are making a vital contribution to achieve global sustainable energy goals.
- Do You have Android Phone? Don’t Sell it! Before you have decided to sell your phone be sure that you are not selling all your private information.
Artsakh Republic President Attended Exhibition Devoted to the Life of Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia Garegin I Hovsepyan
Turkish University Administration Has Removed the Flag of Azerbaijan Demanding to Bring Back the Armenian Tricolor
Trump Hopes to Normalize Relations with Cuba
Edward Nalbandian: We Value NATO's Support to the Efforts of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
The Greece Police Prevented Erdogan's Assassination
Weather Forecast in Armenia
Trump Administration to Drop Climate Change from a List of Global Threats in a New NSS
Sahakyan Attended an Exhibition Devoted to the Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia Garegin I Hovsepyan
Turkey Has Released German Journalist
Mkhitaryan Gives Inter Green Light
Deputy Secretary General of NATO Hopes to See a New Momentum in Resolving the Karabakh Conflict
Turkish ''Besiktas'' Is Interested in Henrikh Mkhitaryan
Iran to Increase Gas Supply to Armenia
Russian Presidential Campaign Officially Launched
The UN Security Council to Vote for a Resolution on Jerusalem
Putin Thanked Trump
Saudi Women Will Aso be Allowed to Drive Trucks, Ride Motorcycles
Joint Consultation Chaired by Artsakh President and Armenian Prime Minister
Russia Chose the Name for the Bridge in the Crimea
Armenian Don Boyajian to Become US Congressman
Armenian Patriarch and 12 other Heads of Churches in Jerusalem Wrote a Letter to President Trump
Russians Should Be Driven out Like Dogs, Armenians Must Be Massacred: Azerbaijani "Scientist''
Tigran Mansurian’s "Requiem" Nominated for Grammy Award
Putin Pushed Erdogan’s Chair to the Ground (VIDEO)
It Is Natural to Be in Artsakh and Struggle along with the People of Artsakh: Today Hero Monte Melkonyan Turns 60
Armenia Pays Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of 1988 Spitak Earthquake
TV Channel Discovery Has Shot 6 Videos about Armenia
Statement by the "European Integration" NGO on Signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU
NKR Defense Army Servicemen Gegham Zaqaryan, Sargis Abrahamyan, Sargis Meliqyan, Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Lebanese-Armenian Independent Researcher: The Crisis in Lebanon Is Not Over (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h