U.N. Political Affairs Chief to Visit North Korea
The United Nations’ political affairs chief will visit North Korea this week, making the highest-level visit by a U.N. official in more than six years as tensions grip the region over Pyongyang’s nuclear and weapons programs, the Reuters reports.
Jeffrey Feltman, a former senior official of the U.S. State Department will meet with North Korea Foreign Minister Ri Yong Ho and Vice Minister Pak Myong Guk to discuss ''issues of mutual interest and concern''.
Feltman will be the first senior U.N. official to travel to North Korea since his predecessor Lynn Pascoe visited in February 2010 and former U.N. aid chief Valerie Amos visited in October 2011, the United Nations says.
- Iran files Suit in International Court against U.S. over Sanctions A State Department official said the application was without merit and the United States would fight it in the court.
- Prime Minister Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message on U.S. Independence Day I should note with satisfaction the special role played by the vibrant U.S.-based "Armenian community, which is building bridges of friendship between our countries with its active structures and unconditional...
- The Trump administration reportedly drafted a bill to abandon key World Trade Organization rules Trump has been angling for some time to withdraw the US from the WTO completely, though he would be unable to do so without Congress' approval.
- "US laws are the dumbest in the world". Donald Trump "Republicans want Strong Borders and no Crime. Dems want Open Borders and are weak on Crime!", - said president Trump.
- Bill Shine, Former Fox News Co-President, to Take on Senior Communications Role at White House Sources tell Fox News that Shine has discussed a White House position with Trump on two other occasions, but both times the potential appointment fell through.
- UNSC Fails to Pass 3 Resolutions on Syria ''Chem Аttack'' The US, UK and France had earlier indicated they are likely to resort to military action in response to the alleged chemical incident in Douma on Saturday. The Russian envoy once again called for the West...
- UN Chief Warns Another Cold War between Russia and US Guterres called for Washington and Moscow to re-establish lines of communication aimed at preventing any escalation of tensions.
- March 20 is Celebrated as International Day of Happiness One of the streets of Alapars village in Armenia’s Kotayk province is called Happiness Street.
- At the Session of the UN Human Rights Council Armenia Presented a Resolution on Genocide Prevention The Sumgait massacre was widely condemned by the international community, including by the resolution of the European Parliament. Regrettably, the masterminds and perpetrators of this crime were not duly...
- Armenia Included in the UN Honour Roll 2018 The Honour Roll includes those member states that have paid their regular budget assessments in full within the 30 day due period specified in Financial Regulation.
PM Receives Special Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office on Combating Corruption
Israel Has Adopted Divisive Jewish Nation-State Law
Trump Is Looking Forward to a Second Meeting with Putin
Zakharova: Russia Wants to Restore Relations with Georgia
Pashinyan: The Sale of Weapons to Azerbaijan by the Belarusian Authorities Is Unacceptable
Trump Holds Putin Responsible for US Elections Interference
UK Law Enforcers Foil Plans to Kill Theresa May
5 More Countries Join EU Sanctions on Russia
Regime of State of Emergency Lifted in Turkey
Any constructive contact initiated by the parties should serve for settlement of NK conflict, Russia says
UK House of Lords Has Approved Armenia-EU Agreement
New Program for Syrian Armenians to Be Launched by Red Cross
EU Begins Screening Macedonia, Albania for Mid-2019 Accession Talks
US House of Representatives may Consider New Sanctions on Russia
At Least three Dead After Two Planes Crash in Florida
Iran files Suit in International Court against U.S. over Sanctions
Prime Minister Suggests Reconsidering Rental Contracts for Facilities Near Lake Sevan and Bring Them to a Proper Level
Trump: Iran deal is good for Russia, but it wasn't good for US
EU Signs Free-trade Agreement with Japan
Putin: Russia Has No “Compromising Material” on Trump
Prince William Got an Armenian Cross as a Gift
A Lebanese Politician of Armenian Ethnic Origins is in the top-5 of the Most Successful Business Women in the Middle East
Nikol Pashinyan: "A Historical Process of Reconciliation Between Law-Enforcement Authorities and Society is Taking Place in Armenia"
Nikol Pashinyan: "Our most important goal is not only to stop the tide of emigration, but to reverse the trend" (PHOTOS)
Feast of Transfiguration of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Israel Defense Minister Cancels Azerbaijan Visit
Erdogan Plans to Involve Ethnic Armenian Economist Daron Acemoglu in the New Cabinet
Artsrun Hovhannisyan: The Activity of Azerbaijani Farmers and Shepherds is From Now on Threatened Due to "Liberator" Hasanov
Comment by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh on the UN Security Council Resolutions on the Azerbaijan-Karabakh Conflict
Appointment of The Ambassador is Very Important for Armenia-Ukraine Relations: Head of the Armenia-Ukraine Friendship Group
Wind: 6.44 km/h