Will the OIC Summit Results Change the Situation Created Over Jerusalem?
The Organisation of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) declared East Jerusalem as the capital of Palestine, called the US stance as "dangerous" and urged the international community to follow in its footsteps, Al Jazeera reports.
At a summit held in Turkey a week after US President Donald Trump declared Jerusalem as Israel's capital, a group of Muslim leaders on Wednesday called on all countries to "recognize the State of Palestine and East Jerusalem as its occupied capital".
The resolution notes that the United States has lost the role of mediator in the Middle East. OIC urged Washington to reverse the decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel, warning that otherwise responsibility for all consequences will lie on the United States.
Experts note that such statements were expected, and in its nature it is quite balanced, because it is not radicalized and it states the actual situation. In this context it should be noted that Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said that the statements made at the extraordinary summit of the Organization of Islamic Cooperation did not impress him, and he expressed confidence that in the future many countries will recognize Jerusalem as the capital of a Jewish state, following the example of the United States. Тhe head of the Israeli government advised the Palestinians to "recognize reality and work towards peace, not radicalization."
But obviously there will hardly be peace in the region in the near future. The Palestinians continue the protest actions in the West Bank, as well as in the Gaza Strip, which turn into clashes with Israeli forces. HAMAS regularly releases missiles from the Gaza Strip in the direction of Israel, in response to which the Israeli army strikes the Gaza Strip.
These are probably the main practical steps through which the Palestinians and the Muslim world are trying to cancel Trump's decision. The other practical step is that Palestine intends to apply to the UN in order to become a full member of the organization. This was said by Mahmoud Abbas, the head of the Palestinian National Authority after the OIC summit in Ankara.
In general, as the summits of the Arab League and the Organization of the Islamic Cooperation (OIC), as well as the separate reaction of Arab and Islamic countries show, the Arab-Muslim world fails to take drastic measures against the US decision and is satisfied with criticizing statements.
- Trump, Netanyahu Discuss Ways to Counter Iran’s Influence in the Middle East The phone conversation was held on the eve of the UN Security Council’s session which will focus on the topic of situation in the Middle East.
- Saudi Crown Prince Says Israelis Have Right to Own Land ''I believe the Palestinians and the Israelis have the right to have their own land. But we have to have a peace agreement to assure the stability for everyone and to have normal relations''.
- Tramp's Decision on Jerusalem Revealed a Number of Changes in the Region Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel has clearly demonstrated that Palestine no longer needs resources to impose something on Israel through intifada, and that any change in...
- Trump Is not Going to Move US Embassy to Jerusalem in 2018 Trump's statement comes after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announcement that he expected the controversial move to happen by then.
- Turkey's Erdogan and Pope Francis Discuss Status Over Jerusalem The president and pope also agreed to hold a meeting in the near future to discuss the issue of Jerusalem, bilateral relations and international developments, presidential sources added.
Artsakh President Met with Catholicos of All Armenians Garegin II
The Air Temperature in Armenia Will Gradually Go Up
US Congressmen Urge Trump to Recognize Armenian Genocide
Artsakh President Met President of Armenia
Serzh Sargsyan Left the Negotiations
Armenia PM Serzh Sargsyan Meets the Opposition Leader in Marriott
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime Over 320 Times
PM Serzh Sargsyan Calls on Opposition MP Nikol Pashinyan for Immediate Political Dialogue
Pashinyan Presents Main Requirements From Armenian Authorities
PM hosts Catholicos of All Armenians and Catholicos of Great House of Cilicia
Belgian Deputies: Interpol Shouldn't Be Used for Political Persecution, Visiting Artsakh is Not a Crime
North and South Koreas Open Hotline Between Leaders
Lavrov: Putin is Ready to Meet Trump
His Holiness Aram I Already in Yerevan
Turkish Parliament’s Constitutional Committee Approved the Election Bill
His Holiness Aram I to Arrive in Yerevan
Lavrov: No Moral Obligation not to Supply S-300 Anti-Aircraft Missiles to Syria
Assad Returns Legion of Honour Award to ''US Slave'' France After Strikes on Syria
Protests in France against Macron
Suren Arustamyan Rocked the Stage in California
Erdogan Personally Ordered to Organize Protests in Germany against Armenian Genocide Recognition Resolution: Der Spiegel
Foreigners, Except Armenians, Purchasing at Least $300,000 Worth of Real Estate in Turkey Can Obtain Turkish Citizenship
The Opening Ceremony of the Statue of the Doctor of the Church, St. Gregory of Narek, Will Be Held in Vatican
Member of German Bundestag: Armenian Genocide is a Historically Well-Researched Fact which Shouldn't be Denied Anymore
David Yerevantsi About the Statue of ST. Gregory of Narek: "This Sculpture is a Phenomenon Within the Limits of Faith and Talent" (EXCLUSIVE)
Armenia: Where the Stars Are Closer (VIDEO)
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime about 250 Times
Aram Ateshian: ''We Are Grateful to Turkish Authorities and Our Turkish Army''
President Sargsyan Receives Minister of State Attached to the Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs of France
Wind: 6.44 km/h