Palestine Calls for the Emergency Meeting of the United Nations General Assembly
Palestinian Foreign Minister Riyad al-Maliki said on Monday that Palestinians will call for an emergency meeting of the United Nations General Assembly after the United States vetoed a Security Council resolution calling for the withdrawal of its declaration that Jerusalem as Israel's capital.
"We are moving within 48 hours ... to call for an emergency meeting of the General Assembly," al-Maliki told reporters in Ramallah.
According to him, the international community would "consider the decision by president Trump as null and void."
To remind, the Egyptian-sponsored resolution would have required President Donald Trump to rescind his declaration of Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. It was approved by the 14 other council members, a reflection of the depth of global opposition to Trump's action.
- Trump, Netanyahu Discuss Ways to Counter Iran’s Influence in the Middle East The phone conversation was held on the eve of the UN Security Council’s session which will focus on the topic of situation in the Middle East.
- Saudi Crown Prince Says Israelis Have Right to Own Land ''I believe the Palestinians and the Israelis have the right to have their own land. But we have to have a peace agreement to assure the stability for everyone and to have normal relations''.
- Tramp's Decision on Jerusalem Revealed a Number of Changes in the Region Trump's decision to recognize Jerusalem as the capital of Israel has clearly demonstrated that Palestine no longer needs resources to impose something on Israel through intifada, and that any change in...
- Trump Is not Going to Move US Embassy to Jerusalem in 2018 Trump's statement comes after Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announcement that he expected the controversial move to happen by then.
- Turkey's Erdogan and Pope Francis Discuss Status Over Jerusalem The president and pope also agreed to hold a meeting in the near future to discuss the issue of Jerusalem, bilateral relations and international developments, presidential sources added.
Garegin II: Inciting Hatred and Hostility Are Unacceptable
Miguel Díaz-Canel Sworn in as Cuba's New President
European Court Announces Two New Decisions against Azerbaijan
Foreign Businessmen Will Participate in Economic Conference in Artsakh
Two More Lawmakers from HDP Lost Their Seats in the Turkish Parliament
Artsakh Defense Army Strengthened with New Types of Equipment. Bako Sahakyan
Mkhitaryan Began Training Again After a Knee Injury
Hovhannes Nikoghosyan Was Appointed Spokesperson of Prime Minister
Saudi Arabia Will Have Its First Cinema
Turkey Extends State of Emergency
Latvia Ratified the Armenia-EU Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement
Artsakh President: Attractive Conditions for Investment Should Be Created
Majlis of Iran Approved a Bill on Constructing HPPs on Araks River
President Sarkissian Signs Bill on Ratifying CEPA into Law
Kyrgyzstan's Parliament Votes No-Confident to Republic's Cabinet
Iran to Replace the US Dollar with the Euro
Serzh Sargsyan: People's Rights are Priority, but…
Glendale City Council Approves the Idea of Creating Armenian American Museum
Vigen Sargsyan Reappointed as Defense Minister of Armenia
In a New Plane Design Passengers Will Also Stand
Suren Arustamyan Rocked the Stage in California
Erdogan Personally Ordered to Organize Protests in Germany against Armenian Genocide Recognition Resolution: Der Spiegel
Foreigners, Except Armenians, Purchasing at Least $300,000 Worth of Real Estate in Turkey Can Obtain Turkish Citizenship
The Opening Ceremony of the Statue of the Doctor of the Church, St. Gregory of Narek, Will Be Held in Vatican
Member of German Bundestag: Armenian Genocide is a Historically Well-Researched Fact which Shouldn't be Denied Anymore
Armenia: Where the Stars Are Closer (VIDEO)
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime about 250 Times
David Yerevantsi About the Statue of ST. Gregory of Narek: "This Sculpture is a Phenomenon Within the Limits of Faith and Talent" (EXCLUSIVE)
President Sargsyan Receives Minister of State Attached to the Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs of France
Aram Ateshian: ''We Are Grateful to Turkish Authorities and Our Turkish Army''
Wind: 11.27 km/h