Impunity in His Own Country Blinded the Dictator: Aliyev Does Not Perceive the Sense and Meaning of His Own Words: Naira Karapetyan (EXCLUSIVE)
"Armedia" IAA presents an exclusive interview with the Secretary of the United Liberal National Party (MIAK), Member of the National Assembly's 5th Convocation, Naira Karapetyan on the statement of the OSCE MG Co-Chairs and Aliyev's rhetoric.
- Mrs. Karapetyan, after the visit to the region, the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs issued a statement. What important points would you emphasize?
- I should highlight a few key points in the last statement of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs. First, after the April war of 2016 the necessity of fulfilling, in good faith, the agreements reached in Vienna, St. Petersburg and later in Geneva. This is a tool that will block the aggression of the neighboring state, as any attempt to violate the ceasefire will become more visible, and the international community will get the answer who violates that ceasefire.
The second thing that I would like to mention is linked to the first one and is related to the losses on the contact line. In the same statement, they referred to Geneva agreement twice which put Azerbaijan in a deadlock: it should not hinder the expansion of the opportunities of Kasperchik Office, as well as the introduction of investigative mechanisms, otherwise the country indirectly acknowledges that it violates the ceasefire itself. On the other hand, by introducing these mechanisms, he ties his own hands. Armenia is currently in a very favorable position. What we have stated many times is now confirmed.
And the third important point is the call to refrain from inflammatory statements and provocative actions. In fact, the Co-Chairs are well aware of Azerbaijan's rhetoric. For me, the peculiarity of this statement was that it was completely aimed at restraining Azerbaijan.
- Aliyev's statement on "returning Yerevan" is interpreted by some as part of the pre-election campaign, to which not so much attention should be paid. Do not such comments contribute to the escalation of anti-Armenian rhetoric by Azerbaijan? What is the danger of such a policy?
- Naturally, such statements should not be left without any attention. I really think it is made for more domestic audience, but Ilham Aliyev did not inherit the sense of tact and adequacy from his father. His extreme steps and statements, such as appointing his wife as the country's first vice president or viewing the entire Armenian nation as an enemy, have a profound impact on his international political image.
The statement in which Yerevan is viewed as a "historical Azerbaijani territory" and convinction that one day the Azerbaijanis will "bring it back", I think, is a very good card for us that was unveiled by Aliyev. The response, believe me, is quite appropriate - both in diplomatic, parliamentary and public circles.
The danger is one: the neighbor must be restrained unless it has not poisoned its own people. Aliyev's clan will be gone one day, let it be 10, 20, 30, or 50 years later, but still much effort will be required to clean up and awaken the consciousness of the Azerbaijani society.
The impunity in his own country blinded the dictator. Aliyev does not perceive the sense and meaning of his own words anymore.
- In this case, what should be the steps of the Armenian sides, including directed towards the international community, in order to condemn and restrain Baku's ambitious aspirations?
- The answer, I think, is very short: just to use all the international platforms and continue to show the world the real image of aggressor and its dictator. United and consistent work always gives its results.
- How Real Is for Aliyev the Threat of Islamists Returning From the Middle East? Although the Azerbaijani authorities pursue a rather cautious policy towards Islamic organizations, regularly pressuring on Islamic organizations, prohibiting their activities, but the above mentioned...
- What Will We Have in the Observers' Reports after Azerbaijani Elections? In April elections, the opposition of Azerbaijan will participate almost spontaneously, and observers will not have legal grounds for proving even the most obvious restrictions.
- Aliev's Anti-Armenian Statements Contradict the Calls of the Co-Chairs to Prepare the Society for Peace As for the impact of such statements on the negotiation process, it should be noted that Aliyev realizes it well that before April (taking into account that elections are expected both in Azerbaijan and...
- Aliyev Received OSCE MG Co-Chairs At the meeting, the current situation and the prospects of the talks on the settlement of the Karabakh conflict were discussed.
- In Order to Maintain His Power Aliyev Changes The ''Game Terms'' In the current situation a question arises, which made Aliyev to go for snap elections, changing the terms of the game. If we try to clarify the main motives for appointing snap presidential elections...
Luxembourg Foreign Minister to Visit Armenia
NSW Armenia-Australia Parliamentary Friendship Group Adopts Resolution Declaring Solidarity with Artsakh
20 European Countries to Expel Russian Diplomats over ''Skripal Case''
Islamist Gunman Attacks French Supermarket and Kills Three
Catalonia: Clashes after Catalan Leaders Detained
Commemoration of Raising of Lazarus
Erdogan: I Told Putin and Erdogan that Turkey Will Not Step Back in Syria
Museum of Armenian Culture Opened in Kiev
Prague-Yerevan-Prague Regular Flights to Be Restored
A New Stage in Relations between France and Germany
Ara Babloyan to Take Part at 138th Assembly of the Inter-Parliamentary Union in Geneva
Aznavour Attached Importance to Introducing Investigative Mechanisms on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border
British Prime Minister Welcomed the Approved Brexit Transition Period
RA MFA: If Baku Is Concerned Over Water Access, It Can Discuss the Issue with Stepanakert
The US State Department Approves $1bn Arms Sale to Saudi Arabia
State Department: The US Has No Intention to Leave Manbij
Arsenal Congratulates Mkhitaryan on Winning Footballer of the Year Award
Lapshin Invites Everyone to an Exhibition in Yerevan
EU Recalls Russian Envoy over ''Skripal Case''
Trump Replaces the US National Security Adviser
James Bagyan: The Only Armenian that Was in Space and Can Make Dolma
Why the Figure Skater Evgenia Medvedeva (Babasyan) Did Not Take Her Father's Name?
Azerbaijani Blogger: Armenians Did not Destroy Azerbaijani Graves in Karabakh
Armenia Negotiates with Four Countries over Creation of Persian Gulf: Black Sea Transit Corridor
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia: Armenia Plays a Positive Role in Improving Russian-Georgian Relations (EXCLUSIVE)
Lapshin Showed the Difference in the Education of Armenian and Azerbaijani Children (VIDEO)
Armenian Delegation Invited OSCE PA President to Visit Artsakh and Meet the Authorities There: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
Our Delegation Made It Clear That It is Impossible to Have the Same Approach Towards All Conflicts: Hermine Naghdalyan (EXCLUSIVE)
The Silence of the International Community on Aliyev's Statements May Lead to Irreversible Consequences
Wind: 17.70 km/h