Impunity in His Own Country Blinded the Dictator: Aliyev Does Not Perceive the Sense and Meaning of His Own Words: Naira Karapetyan (EXCLUSIVE)
"Armedia" IAA presents an exclusive interview with the Secretary of the United Liberal National Party (MIAK), Member of the National Assembly's 5th Convocation, Naira Karapetyan on the statement of the OSCE MG Co-Chairs and Aliyev's rhetoric.
- Mrs. Karapetyan, after the visit to the region, the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs issued a statement. What important points would you emphasize?
- I should highlight a few key points in the last statement of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs. First, after the April war of 2016 the necessity of fulfilling, in good faith, the agreements reached in Vienna, St. Petersburg and later in Geneva. This is a tool that will block the aggression of the neighboring state, as any attempt to violate the ceasefire will become more visible, and the international community will get the answer who violates that ceasefire.
The second thing that I would like to mention is linked to the first one and is related to the losses on the contact line. In the same statement, they referred to Geneva agreement twice which put Azerbaijan in a deadlock: it should not hinder the expansion of the opportunities of Kasperchik Office, as well as the introduction of investigative mechanisms, otherwise the country indirectly acknowledges that it violates the ceasefire itself. On the other hand, by introducing these mechanisms, he ties his own hands. Armenia is currently in a very favorable position. What we have stated many times is now confirmed.
And the third important point is the call to refrain from inflammatory statements and provocative actions. In fact, the Co-Chairs are well aware of Azerbaijan's rhetoric. For me, the peculiarity of this statement was that it was completely aimed at restraining Azerbaijan.
- Aliyev's statement on "returning Yerevan" is interpreted by some as part of the pre-election campaign, to which not so much attention should be paid. Do not such comments contribute to the escalation of anti-Armenian rhetoric by Azerbaijan? What is the danger of such a policy?
- Naturally, such statements should not be left without any attention. I really think it is made for more domestic audience, but Ilham Aliyev did not inherit the sense of tact and adequacy from his father. His extreme steps and statements, such as appointing his wife as the country's first vice president or viewing the entire Armenian nation as an enemy, have a profound impact on his international political image.
The statement in which Yerevan is viewed as a "historical Azerbaijani territory" and convinction that one day the Azerbaijanis will "bring it back", I think, is a very good card for us that was unveiled by Aliyev. The response, believe me, is quite appropriate - both in diplomatic, parliamentary and public circles.
The danger is one: the neighbor must be restrained unless it has not poisoned its own people. Aliyev's clan will be gone one day, let it be 10, 20, 30, or 50 years later, but still much effort will be required to clean up and awaken the consciousness of the Azerbaijani society.
The impunity in his own country blinded the dictator. Aliyev does not perceive the sense and meaning of his own words anymore.
- In this case, what should be the steps of the Armenian sides, including directed towards the international community, in order to condemn and restrain Baku's ambitious aspirations?
- The answer, I think, is very short: just to use all the international platforms and continue to show the world the real image of aggressor and its dictator. United and consistent work always gives its results.
- Azerbaijan's Double Game in the Context of Turkish-Israeli Tension Another aggravation in Turkish-Israeli relations occurred after US President Donald Trump decided to move his country's embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, which aroused discontent among Palestinians who...
- Iran and Azerbaijan Plan to Form Joint Oil Company According to the Iranian official, the company will be formed within the framework of a deal recently signed between the two parties.
- Investigation Group Confirmed Systemic Corruption in PACE by Azerbaijan In a 219-page report published on Sunday night, a panel of three judges concluded that "a number of former Pace MPs ... had acted contrary to the Pace code of conduct".
- OSCE: Restriction of Rights Observed in Presidential Elections in Azerbaijan "Presidential elections in the Republic of Azerbaijan were held in conditions of restriction of rights and freedoms with insufficient competition," she said.
- Aliyev Became the President of Azerbaijan for the 4th Time, Receiving 86% of Votes CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov said the commission received protocols from 5201 polling stations.
10 People Executed in China
William Saroyan House-Museum in Fresno
Thousands Join London March to Demand Brexit Deal Referendum
Iran Expects Europe's Package to Save Nuclear Deal by end of June
Denmark Is The Most Expensive EU Country
Feast of the Discovery of St. Mary’s Box
5 Day Weather Forecast
Ethiopia: One dead and Dozens Hurt in Grenade Attack at Pro-PM Rally
Erdogan Faces Test in Critical Elections: DW
OSCE Is Eager to Step Up its Links with Armenia, Georgia and Azerbaijan: Permanent Representatives Return from Fruitful Trip
Bako Sahakyan Visited the Town of Karvachar
Serzh Sargsyan Sent a Congratulatory Message to Armen Sarkissian on Birthday Anniversary
The first soldier to be awarded the Victoria Cross (VC) by Queen Elizabeth II, has died aged 90
US and South Korea suspend more joint military exercises
Commemoration of Sts. Tiridates, King of Armenia, Queen Ashkhen and Princess Khosrovidoukht
Azerbaijan, in Fact, Refuses Any Negotiation, Threatening by War
Appointment of The Ambassador is Very Important for Armenia-Ukraine Relations: Head of the Armenia-Ukraine Friendship Group
EU Tariffs on US Products Come into Effect
Trump Extends Sanctions Against North Korea for Another Year
EU Լeaders to Prolong Sanctions against Russia
Nikol Pashinyan to Resign During a Year
Prime Minister Pashinyan Attends Gala Concert Dedicated to World Foot Championship in Red Square (PHOTOS)
It’s Already Two Months Azerbaijan Has Accumulated Troops in Different Parts of the Contact Line, Davit Babayan
Alexander Lapshin Claims Azerbaijan Might Be Behind the Death of Anthony Bourdain for Artsakh Episode
Supporters of the Armenian Genocide in Turkey Received Documentary Evidence from the Prosecutor's Office of Istanbul
Newlywed Foreigners Apply for Artsakh Visa with Bride Wearing a Wedding Dress
''Armenian-Russian Relations are Developing Steadily and Dynamically'' - Nikol Pashinyan Meets with Dmitry Medvedev
Nikol Pashinyan Visits Prelacy of Holy Transformation Church of Russia and New Nakhichevan Diocese (PHOTOS)
The Issue of Recognition of the Armenian Genocide is a Tool in Turkish-Israeli Relations: Armen Petrosyan
Press Statement by the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group Following their Meetings with Armenian Officials
Wind: 22.53 km/h