What Will We Have in the Observers' Reports after Azerbaijani Elections?
Azerbaijan is consistently working with the international community to legitimize the upcoming presidential elections in the country. Several large international organizations, OSCE / ODIHR and IPA CIS, expressed their willingness to send observer missions to Azerbaijan.
However, these elections already have a number of problems, which, regardless of Azerbaijan's efforts, will be reflected in international reports. In particular, the Azerbaijani authorities failed to provide substantiated reasons and legal grounds for early elections. And this date change had a direct impact on the election process, which will also affect its results. The time necessary for the consolidation of the opposition has significantly decreased; international observation missions, in particular the OSCE / ODIHR, did not have the time and capacity to conduct long-term monitoring in order to identify the process of preparation for possible violations of the election process.
As a result, in April elections, the opposition of Azerbaijan will participate almost spontaneously, and observers will not have legal grounds for proving even the most obvious restrictions.
It is important that all this find a place in the reports of international structures and not only remain on paper, but also lead to concrete actions on the part of the international community that will force the Azerbaijani authorities to put an end to arbitrary treatment of laws and their own state.
- Iran and Azerbaijan Plan to Form Joint Oil Company According to the Iranian official, the company will be formed within the framework of a deal recently signed between the two parties.
- Investigation Group Confirmed Systemic Corruption in PACE by Azerbaijan In a 219-page report published on Sunday night, a panel of three judges concluded that "a number of former Pace MPs ... had acted contrary to the Pace code of conduct".
- OSCE: Restriction of Rights Observed in Presidential Elections in Azerbaijan "Presidential elections in the Republic of Azerbaijan were held in conditions of restriction of rights and freedoms with insufficient competition," she said.
- Aliyev Became the President of Azerbaijan for the 4th Time, Receiving 86% of Votes CEC chairman Mazahir Panahov said the commission received protocols from 5201 polling stations.
- U.S. Ambassador Left Azerbaijan Cekuta was appointed as U.S. Ambassador to Azerbaijan in February 2015.
Rain And Thunderstorm is Predicted
Trump: Meeting with North Korean Leader Still Scheduled to June 12
Elton John and Armen Sarkissian Visited Rehabilitation Center in Yerevan
Juncker: EU Supports Georgia's Territorial Integrity
Nikol Pashinyan Hails UWC Dilijan as "Symbol of Future of Armenia" (PHOTOS)
‘Days of Artsakh in France’ Underway in Bouc-Bel-Air
PM Introduces Newly Appointed Chief of General Staff
Pedro Agramunt Leaves PACE
Nikol Pashinyan: “The Process of Building a Free and Happy Armenia is Irreversible”
Armenian FM: The Settlement of Karabakh Conflict Should Express the Interests of the Armenian Sides
Memorandum of the Artsakh Republic Foreign Ministry Circulated in the UN
Artsakh’s International Recognition Continues
Turkey to Close the EU Ministry
Yerevan Mayor Congratulates School Children on Last Bell
"The Danube Will Change its Course Rather Than Pan-Turkism Will Achieve its Goal'', Sharmazanov
The Manipulation of the Issue of Armenian Genocide Recognition Is Not Acceptable
Moscow Declared "Adequate Measures" in Response to Georgia's Rapprochement with NATO
US Threats Do not Frighten Iran
Armenia is an Active Player in Iran-EAEU Free Economic Zone Creation
Trump Says the Summit With North Korea's Leader Will Not Be Held
When I Sit Around a Table with Other Armenians, Bread and Wine Taste Differently: The Armenian Speechwriter of 3 US Presidents
Turkish Prime Minister to Nikol Pashinyan
The Works of Armenian Classics Are Translated into Hindi: Hindi Literary Scholar (EXCLUSIVE)
Players of ''Arsenal'' Sing Armenian Song (Video)
MFA: Armenia Has Initiated Moves to Strengthen Cooperation with Israel
Netanyahu’s Son: Turkey Is Guilty of Committing the Armenian Genocide
One of the New Prime Minister's Priorities Is to Effectively Assume Karabakh Conflict Negotiation Bloc
Nikol Pashinyan: Participation in the Snap Parliamentary Elections Will Depend on the Created Situation
MP Samvel Alexanyan to Vote in favor of Nikol Pashinyan
The Time Has Come to Officially Recognize the Armenian Genocide: Israeli Lawmakers to Submit a Bill to the Knesset
Wind: 11.27 km/h