As a Result of Discussions the Two Resolutions on Azerbaijan Became Even Tougher: Arpine Hovhannisyan (EXCLUSIVE)
On October 12 the works of PACE autumn session ended. “Armedia” IAA talked with the head of the Armenian delegation to PACE, the RA National Assembly Deputy Speaker, Arpine Hovhannisyan on the main developments of the session.
- Ms. Hovhannisyan, this PACE autumn session was full of different developments. What participation did the Armenian delegation have in all that?
- The Armenian delegation had a very active participation both in public speeches and in the group and commission works. In fact, I think it was a very productive session, and quite interesting developments took place. The work of the Armenian delegation at this autumn session, in general, was satisfactory.
- On October 11, two resolutions on Azerbaijan were adopted. How important was the adoption of these resolutions and what was the reaction of the Azerbaijani delegation?
- Let me start with the reaction of the Azerbaijani delegation. The reaction, as expected, was very critical to different formulations, conclusions, opinions and also suggestions made in those resolutions.
As for the discussion of the reports and the adoption of the resolutions - they were part of PACE's work and its logical continuation, as Azerbaijan is a country under PACE monitoring. The first report, which was adopted, refers to the monitoring historiography of Azerbaijan. The Assembly periodically adopts such resolutions. This time it was about Azerbaijan. The other report was about the 2014 Azerbaijani Chairmanship.
I attach great importance to the fact that as a result of the suggestions made by various delegates of the Assembly, both reports, especially the latter, became stronger. The wording on the laundry scandal, the release of Ilgar Mammadov and the situation in the country was toughened.
- What were the main message and the task of the Armenian delegation at this session and did we succeed in implementing them?
- I would not like to highlight a certain mission. The delegation always tries to work according to the agenda of the Parliamentary Assembly, naturally having its agenda as well. A number of issues were on our agenda, including active participation in the discussions on this or that issue, neutralization of possible anti-Armenian resolutions, etc. I think we succeeded. In this respect, I consider our work at this session to be satisfactory, as I think it is always through joint efforts that it becomes possible to organize the work effectively.
Trump: US Will Pay Nothing for Pastor
Turkey Arrests Another German Citizen
Angela Merkel to Visit Armenia Next Week
Guinea Citizen Ilegally Crossed Armenia-Turkey Border
"Armenian Velvet Revolution" Book Released
Turkey's Biggest Mobile Phone Importing Companies Cancel their Phone Orders
Government Creates Favorable Conditions for Doing Business and Making Profits – PM Pashinyan
Nikol Pashinyan: "Over the past 100 days, we have solved the key problem: we have ensured the country’s normal functioning and economic development"
Armenian PM, Russia President Talk on Phone
Turkey Intends to Establish Close Ties with EU
Trump Says His Tariffs will Rescue US Industry
Main Side of the Conflict Cannot be Withdrawn or Put Aside from Negotiation Table – Artsakh Parliament Speaker
Dollar Drops in Armenia
At Least 25 Killed in Suicide Blast in Kabul
Turkish Court Releases Local Chair of Amnesty International
Information of the Artsakh Republic State Commission on Prisoners of War, Hostages and Missing Persons
President Sahakyan Visited the Town of Martouni
Nikol Pashinyan Extends Condolences to Italian Prime Minister Giuseppe Conte
Juncker Welcomes Release of 2 Greek Border Guards From Detention in Turkey
Artsakh Republic Convoked the Meeting of the Security Council
New Wave of Hysteria Raised in Azerbaijan Due to the Possible Visit of Russian Singer with Armenian Surname
Artsakh Republic President Sahakyan, Minister Minasyan Discuss Economic Cooperation Between Artsakh and Armenia
Any constructive contact initiated by the parties should serve for settlement of NK conflict, Russia says
Robert Kocharyan Released: Court of Appeals Approves Attorneys’ Appeal
Israel: All the Citizens are Equal, but Jews are More Than Equal
Armenia PM: Every Penny Stolen from People Will be Returned
"We are Gure to Gain a Victory in our Common Mission" – Nikol Pashinyan Attends Event Dedicated to Armenian General Athletic Union Centenary
Greens Call for New Zealand's Parliament to Recognise Armenian Genocide
Foreign Minister of South Ossetia Congratulated on the 25th Anniversary of the Establishment of the MFA of the Republic of Artsakh
Artsakh MFA Received Congratulatory Message from Abkhazia MFA on the 25th Anniversary of the Establishment
Wind: 28.97 km/h