With the Joint Efforts of Our EPP Partners and Our Delegation Members, the Azerbaijani Proposal Was Rejected: Karine Atshemyan (EXCLUSIVE)
The work of the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly continues in Kiev. “Armedia” IAA has talked with the member of the Armenian delegation to the Euronest PA, Deputy of the RA National Assembly, Karine Atshemyan on the work of the Armenian delegation in the Euronest PA.
- Mrs. Atshemyan, the session of the Euronest PA continues. How would you assess the activity of the Armenian delegation? What issues are being voiced?
- Fortunately, this time almost all the delegates are present, there are only two delegates, who are absent. I think that the presence of almost all the delegates plays a very important role as everything related to different issues is being carried out in a more consolidated, constructive and purposeful way. Even the head of the Ukrainian delegation noted that it was very nice to see a united and active delegation.
The presence of all delegation members is important because we have different discussions at different committees at the same time, there is voting, and in that sense their presence is very important, both in terms of activity and quantity.
I should mention that it would be desirable for our European partners, who are among the initiators of the formation of Euronest, to be here with more representative staff. This time their number is relatively small, which cannot have a positive impact on the work of the structure. The presence of our partners from the European Parliament is important here for more active and full-fledged work.
- What is the reason that so few European partners are present?
- I cannot say it for sure. Maybe, it is connected with the developments in Kiev, other reasons, unknown to us, may also be possible. Nevertheless, for the effectiveness of our future works, I think, their presence is very important.
- Mrs. Atshemyan, in the framework of the Euronest PA the meeting of the European People’s Party took place. How would you assess the effectiveness of that meeting?
- As a member of the Republican Party of Armenia I participated in the meeting of the European People's Party (EPP). We have discussed various issues, we have expressed our position on all the delegations' initiatives and reports. For example, in the Social Commission, the Azerbaijani side came up with a proposal unacceptable for us. It was about the Karabakh issue. However, with the efforts of our EPP partners, the Azerbaijani proposal was rejected.
In general, I must say that our work in all commissions gave their results. Our proposals were accepted, and the ones that were not in our interests were rejected. In this regard, I consider our work to be very positive and efficient.
Meetings, discussions and personal contacts with our European colleagues in this format are important so that in the future in other international structures we are able to provide a similar position on the issues important for us and have friends who will support us.
“We Intend to Exempt Micro Business From Taxes” - Nikol Pashinyan Visits Charity Fair Organized by Syrian-Armenians
Tusk has No Optimism on Brexit Deal
The Main Results of the Francophone Week in Yerevan
Anna Burns Wins Man Booker Prize for Milkman
Armenia Improves Positions in Global Competitiveness Index
Turkish President Erdoğan Meets Pompeo in Ankara
Trump: "My Biggest Threat is the Fed"
Israel Strikes Gaza in Response to Rocket Attack on Be’er Sheva
Canada Becomes Second Country to Legalise Recreational Marijuana
Border Crosser from Turkey ID’d as Ethnic Kurd Felon, Russian Border Guards Say
Politico: State Department Spokeswoman Nauert in the Mix for U.N. Ambassador
President Sarkissian Accepts Cabinet’s Resignation
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan: “Armenia is Entering a Historic Stage of Development”
Armenian Akhtala to be Renamed After Charles Aznavour?
Saudi Missing Journalist Jamal Khashoggi: Explanation Expected from Saudi Arabia as Mike Pompeo Arrives
ARF won’t Nominate Candidate for Prime Minister
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Received Board Members of the International Francophone Press
Donald Trump has talked with King of Saudi Arabia
Turkey to Inspect Saudi Consulate over Journalist’s Disappearance
Kadyrov Invited Pashinyan and Macron to Participate in a Dance Festival in Chechnya
Brigitte Macron: We Feel So Good in Armenia that We Don't Want to Leave
Macron: April 24 to be Remembered in France as the Day of Remembrance of the Armenian Genocide
In Honor of Canada’s Prime Minister Justin Trudeau, RA Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan Gave Official Dinner (photos)
It Is Suggested in Armenia to Rename one of the International Airports in Honor of the Great Chansonnier Charles Aznavour
German Publicist about Erdogan's Visit: You Mean the Carpet, which Is Painted with the Blood of Armenians?
Aliyev Criticized International Observers' Assessment on the Yerevan Council of Elderly Elections before the Election Results Were Published
Justin Trudeau: Many Years ago I Had the Opportunity to Visit Armenia with my Father during Summer Holidays
CSTO Chief of Joint Staff not Authorized to Comment on Matter Regarding Secretary General Yuri Khachaturov
Artsakh's Defense Army Serviceman Artsakh Hovsepyan Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Sharmazanov to Speaker of Azerbaijani Parliament: You Should Recognize the Full Exercise of Artsakh People’s Right of Self-Determination
Wind: 6.44 km/h