Co-Chairs In Particular Stressed the Importance of Finalizing OSCE Investigative Mechanism
The first joint declaration of the OSCE MG Co-Chairs in 2017 has quite an important emphasis – "to finalize in the shortest possible time an OSCE investigative mechanism."
The statement stresses also the importance of observing the agreements reached during summits in Vienna and St. Petersburg in 2016. In fact, despite the artificial obstacles created by Azerbaijan, the Co-Chairs do not step back from their demand of establishing investigative mechanisms and this time their wording in this regard differed from the others with its toughness.
Another important point in the statement is the humanitarian component and the agreement reached between the Presidents of Armenia and Azerbaijan in Astrakhan Summit of 2010. However, both for the Co-Chairs and those, who are more or less familiar to the conflict, it is obvious that the Armenian sides – both Armenia and Artsakh, pay importance to the reached agreements, particularly on humanitarian issues and the first one that violates those agreements is Azerbaijan.
The main drawbacks of the statement are perhaps again the non-addressed calls, the principle of equalization of the Co-Chairs. The tension at the end of December showed that such an approach by the Co-Chairs create an atmosphere of impunity, the results of which are not only the actions unleashed along the border with NKR, but also with Armenia. In parallel, this situation shows that only the establishment of investigative mechanisms can keep the situation on the borders stable.
In should be noted that to record any progress in Karabakh conflict settlement process first of all it is important to prevent the violations of the ceasefire regime and restore the trust among the sides. This means that the agreements reached in Vienna and St. Petersburg should be carried out. The last statement shows that the Co-Chiars also acknowledge this.
- OSCE Mission Conducted Monitoring to the North-West of Talish Village From the Artsakh side, the monitoring mission was accompanied by representatives of the Republic of Artsakh Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Ministry of Defense.
- EU Spokesperson: EU Joins the Appeal of the Co-Chairs for Immediate Consideration of Measures to Reduce Tensions in the Conflict Zone The European Union expects de-escalation and restraint in deeds as well as in words. The European Union fully supports the efforts of the Minsk Group Co-Chairs and joins their appeal of 19 June for immediate...
- ICRC Representatives Seek to See the Armenian Detainee in Baku "The International Committee of the Red Cross is holding confidential talks with the sides to meet with the person in Azerbaijan," said Zara Amatuni.
- Four Azeris Killed in a Sabotage Incursion Attempt The Azerbaijani side suffered four dead and retreated, leaving personal items of Special Forces next to the Armenian military posts.
- The US State Department Issued a Statement on Karabakh Conflict (Full Text) The United States continues to engage intensely with the sides. Our longstanding policy, shared by the Minsk Group co-chairs, is that a just settlement must be based on international law,
Brexit Secretary "Pretty Sure" of Free Trade Deal with the EU
Egyptian President Agrees to Cede 2 Islands to Saudi Arabia
Erdogan Called the Demands of the Arab States as "Unlawful"
Iraqi Forces Freed Hundreds of Civilians in Mosul
Pakistan Oil Tanker Truck Explosion Kills at Least 123
Erdogan Lost Consciousness While Praying in the Mosque
Ukraine Is Dissatisfied with the EU Association Agreement
"The Flemish Parliament Will Wave Artsakh Friendship Group": Belgian Senator
Is the Construction of Walls by Turkey Also Beneficial for the EU?
International Sambo Tournament to be Held in Artsakh
Qatar Says Demands Made by Four Arab States Not "Realistic"
Lake Sevan Listed Among 19 Incredible and Affordable Travel Destinations in Europe
Armenian Boxer Hovhannes Bachkov in the Final of European Boxing Championship
Arab States Issue List of Demands to End Qatar Crisis
Canadian Sniper in Iraq Makes Longest Kill Shot in History
North Korea Tests Rocket Engine: Reuters
Germany Spied on USA for Several Years
Kardashian Bought Jackie Kennedy’s Cartier Watch
Where Do the Interests of Germany, Russia and the US Meet?
About 84,000 Migrants Arrived in Europe by Sea in 2017
Aznavour’s Son Got Baptized in Armenian Tatev Monastery
Smart Wallets to Be Soon Produced in Armenia: Hurry Up to Be the First to Get It
May 28: the Day of Armenian First Republic
Artsakh Will Produce More Caviar than Azerbaijan
Gulf Times: Armenia Is a Perfect Tourist Destination
Another Soldier Fatally Wounded: the Answer will Be Targeted and Inadequate: NKR Defense Ministry Warns
How the Armenian Lecturer Escaped London Tower Fire?
Congratulatory address of the Artsakh President in Connection with the Day of the First Armenian Republic
The Daily Mail: Tombs of Russian and Armenian 'Thieves in Law' Remind Visitors that Even in Death They Have Status
Turkish Nationalists Forced Kurdish Laborer to Sing the Turkish National Anthem and Threw Him Out of the Window
Wind: 11.27 km/h