Co-Chairs In Particular Stressed the Importance of Finalizing OSCE Investigative Mechanism
The first joint declaration of the OSCE MG Co-Chairs in 2017 has quite an important emphasis – "to finalize in the shortest possible time an OSCE investigative mechanism."
The statement stresses also the importance of observing the agreements reached during summits in Vienna and St. Petersburg in 2016. In fact, despite the artificial obstacles created by Azerbaijan, the Co-Chairs do not step back from their demand of establishing investigative mechanisms and this time their wording in this regard differed from the others with its toughness.
Another important point in the statement is the humanitarian component and the agreement reached between the Presidents of Armenia and Azerbaijan in Astrakhan Summit of 2010. However, both for the Co-Chairs and those, who are more or less familiar to the conflict, it is obvious that the Armenian sides – both Armenia and Artsakh, pay importance to the reached agreements, particularly on humanitarian issues and the first one that violates those agreements is Azerbaijan.
The main drawbacks of the statement are perhaps again the non-addressed calls, the principle of equalization of the Co-Chairs. The tension at the end of December showed that such an approach by the Co-Chairs create an atmosphere of impunity, the results of which are not only the actions unleashed along the border with NKR, but also with Armenia. In parallel, this situation shows that only the establishment of investigative mechanisms can keep the situation on the borders stable.
In should be noted that to record any progress in Karabakh conflict settlement process first of all it is important to prevent the violations of the ceasefire regime and restore the trust among the sides. This means that the agreements reached in Vienna and St. Petersburg should be carried out. The last statement shows that the Co-Chiars also acknowledge this.
- Thomas de Waal Assesses Artsakh's Participation in Talks Pertinent According to de Waal, Pashinyan is sincere with the Armenians of Karabakh and still in 2016 he had announced that "There is no land to hand over to Azerbaijan."
- Artsakh’s International Recognition Continues It is important to once more highlight the importance of developing foreign relations at various levels which will help to make the voice of Artsakh heard in various situations, especially those of emergency,...
- RA MFA: Armenia’s Position on the Settlement of Karabakh Conflict Has Not Changed "The Nagorno Karabakh conflict should be settled exclusively through peaceful means based on the proposals of the Minsk Group Co-Chairs, as well as in the conditions of respecting the agreements reached...
- The Military Investigative Committee Probes the Shooting of 19-Year-Old Serviceman A criminal case has been filed.
- Russian MFA Responds to Official Baku in Relation with Meeting with Artsakh's Representatives Russian position on Nagorno Karabakh never supposed to refuse to participate in concrete international events only for the reason that it's possible to meet "face to face" representatives of Karabakh there.
Rain And Thunderstorm is Predicted
Trump: Meeting with North Korean Leader Still Scheduled to June 12
Elton John and Armen Sarkissian Visited Rehabilitation Center in Yerevan
Juncker: EU Supports Georgia's Territorial Integrity
Nikol Pashinyan Hails UWC Dilijan as "Symbol of Future of Armenia" (PHOTOS)
‘Days of Artsakh in France’ Underway in Bouc-Bel-Air
PM Introduces Newly Appointed Chief of General Staff
Pedro Agramunt Leaves PACE
Nikol Pashinyan: “The Process of Building a Free and Happy Armenia is Irreversible”
Armenian FM: The Settlement of Karabakh Conflict Should Express the Interests of the Armenian Sides
Memorandum of the Artsakh Republic Foreign Ministry Circulated in the UN
Artsakh’s International Recognition Continues
Turkey to Close the EU Ministry
Yerevan Mayor Congratulates School Children on Last Bell
"The Danube Will Change its Course Rather Than Pan-Turkism Will Achieve its Goal'', Sharmazanov
The Manipulation of the Issue of Armenian Genocide Recognition Is Not Acceptable
Moscow Declared "Adequate Measures" in Response to Georgia's Rapprochement with NATO
US Threats Do not Frighten Iran
Armenia is an Active Player in Iran-EAEU Free Economic Zone Creation
Trump Says the Summit With North Korea's Leader Will Not Be Held
When I Sit Around a Table with Other Armenians, Bread and Wine Taste Differently: The Armenian Speechwriter of 3 US Presidents
Turkish Prime Minister to Nikol Pashinyan
The Works of Armenian Classics Are Translated into Hindi: Hindi Literary Scholar (EXCLUSIVE)
Players of ''Arsenal'' Sing Armenian Song (Video)
MFA: Armenia Has Initiated Moves to Strengthen Cooperation with Israel
Netanyahu’s Son: Turkey Is Guilty of Committing the Armenian Genocide
One of the New Prime Minister's Priorities Is to Effectively Assume Karabakh Conflict Negotiation Bloc
Nikol Pashinyan: Participation in the Snap Parliamentary Elections Will Depend on the Created Situation
MP Samvel Alexanyan to Vote in favor of Nikol Pashinyan
The Time Has Come to Officially Recognize the Armenian Genocide: Israeli Lawmakers to Submit a Bill to the Knesset
Wind: 11.27 km/h