Co-Chairs In Particular Stressed the Importance of Finalizing OSCE Investigative Mechanism
The first joint declaration of the OSCE MG Co-Chairs in 2017 has quite an important emphasis – "to finalize in the shortest possible time an OSCE investigative mechanism."
The statement stresses also the importance of observing the agreements reached during summits in Vienna and St. Petersburg in 2016. In fact, despite the artificial obstacles created by Azerbaijan, the Co-Chairs do not step back from their demand of establishing investigative mechanisms and this time their wording in this regard differed from the others with its toughness.
Another important point in the statement is the humanitarian component and the agreement reached between the Presidents of Armenia and Azerbaijan in Astrakhan Summit of 2010. However, both for the Co-Chairs and those, who are more or less familiar to the conflict, it is obvious that the Armenian sides – both Armenia and Artsakh, pay importance to the reached agreements, particularly on humanitarian issues and the first one that violates those agreements is Azerbaijan.
The main drawbacks of the statement are perhaps again the non-addressed calls, the principle of equalization of the Co-Chairs. The tension at the end of December showed that such an approach by the Co-Chairs create an atmosphere of impunity, the results of which are not only the actions unleashed along the border with NKR, but also with Armenia. In parallel, this situation shows that only the establishment of investigative mechanisms can keep the situation on the borders stable.
In should be noted that to record any progress in Karabakh conflict settlement process first of all it is important to prevent the violations of the ceasefire regime and restore the trust among the sides. This means that the agreements reached in Vienna and St. Petersburg should be carried out. The last statement shows that the Co-Chiars also acknowledge this.
- Serzh Sargsyan on Karabakh Conflict: It Is Not Possible to Negotiate with One Hand and to Fire with Another "There must be calmness at the line of contact. The victims have to be ruled out. The manhunt that happens today should be excluded. It will create a certain atmosphere of mutual trust. If you do not fulfill...
- Edward Nalbandian: Azerbaijan's Behavior Seriously Questions Baku’s Credibility as a Negotiating Partner The Co-Chairs’ statement reiterated once again the three principles of the international law that form the basis of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict resolution, namely the non-use of force or threat of...
- Artsakh Republic MOD: Defense Army Did not Fire towards Azerbaijani Village The Baku propaganda machine’s statements do not correspond to reality.
- The Heads of Delegation of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair Countries Urge to Implement Vienna and St. Petersburg Agreements With reference to the declared commitment of the two Presidents to take additional measures to reduce tension on the line of contact, we urge Baku and Yerevan to accept the expansion of the existing Office...
- Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan Will Meet Early in 2018 The parties agreed to meet again in the beginning of 2018. The dates of the Co-Chairs’ next visit to the region were discussed.
Rex Tillerson: North Korea Must Earn Right to Talks
China and UK to Strengthen Economic and Financial Cooperation
Weather Forecast in Armenia : Precipitation is Predicted
Trump Said The Worst People Come To U.S. By Visa Lottery
Trump Says He Would like to Have Russia’s Help with North Korea
Former Policeman Arrested within Case of Russian Ambassador’s Assassination in Turkey
Manchester United is Planning to Sell Mkhitaryan to make space for Mesut Ozil
Syria Accuses Saudi Arabia and the UN for the Failure of Negotiations
EU Leaders Fail on Migration
Donald Trump Thanks Vladimir Putin after his Press-Conference
French School Bus Cut in Two in Rail Crash
Serzh Sargsyan on Karabakh Conflict: It Is Not Possible to Negotiate with One Hand and to Fire with Another
The Next Phase of Brexit Negotiations to Start Soon
UN Warns against 'Sleepwalking' into War over North Korea
Turkey to Open Embassy in East Jerusalem
Turkey’s 37th: How Erdogan Started ''Cleansing'' of His Own Party
Armenian Government Allocated 31.9 Million Drams for Establishing Scientific Research Institute of Chess
Walt Disney Buys Murdoch's Fox for $52.4bn
President Holds Farewell Meeting with Outgoing Lebanese Ambassador
Armenian National Security Service Reveals Terrorist Plot
Armenian Patriarch and 12 other Heads of Churches in Jerusalem Wrote a Letter to President Trump
Russians Should Be Driven out Like Dogs, Armenians Must Be Massacred: Azerbaijani "Scientist''
Tigran Mansurian’s "Requiem" Nominated for Grammy Award
Putin Pushed Erdogan’s Chair to the Ground (VIDEO)
It Is Natural to Be in Artsakh and Struggle along with the People of Artsakh: Today Hero Monte Melkonyan Turns 60
Armenia Pays Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of 1988 Spitak Earthquake
TV Channel Discovery Has Shot 6 Videos about Armenia
Statement by the "European Integration" NGO on Signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU
NKR Defense Army Servicemen Gegham Zaqaryan, Sargis Abrahamyan, Sargis Meliqyan, Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Lebanese-Armenian Independent Researcher: The Crisis in Lebanon Is Not Over (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h