MEPs Call Azerbaijan to Release Mukhtarli
The European Parliament has called upon Azerbaijan authorities to immediately release and drop all charges against Afgan Mukhtarli, an investigative journalist exiled in Georgia, from where he was abducted on May 29 and brought to Azerbaijan, the press release of the European Parliament says.
In a resolution adopted on June 15, the MEPs stressed that Azerbaijani authorities should end the selective criminal prosecution and imprisonment of journalists and human rights defenders, immediately release all political prisoners, and ensure compliance with fair trial norms.
- ECHR Rejects Azerbaijan’s Appeal: What Is Next? The following measures will be either to suspend Azerbaijan’s voting rights and to expel Azerbaijan from the organisation.
- Composer of "The Promise" Movie Song Got Human Rights Watch Award The inaugural honor was given to the late legendary singer and songwriter Chris Cornell in recognition of his song, The Promise. The award was presented at The Voices for Justice Human Rights Watch Annual...
- UNESCO: 930 Journalists Have Been Killed in Last 11 Years In 2016 alone, the UNESCO Director-General condemned the killing of 102 journalists, media workers, and social media producers of public interest journalism. In 2012, the deadliest year for journalists,...
- Poland: Protest Against Aliyev The protesters raised the following question to the leadership of Poland - should the official Warsaw conduct business relations with countries where the norms of democracy and basic human rights are violated?
- Afghan Mukhtarli: Baku's New "Headache" However, the criticism of the Azerbaijani authorities continues by media operating abroad. With the case of Mukhtarli Baku is trying to make Azerbaijani media operating abroad understand that they are...
Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Says Only Death Will Stop Him from Ruling the Kingdom
The Task of Merkel's Fourth Term as Chancellor Will Be Not to Hurt the New Government
WhoScored: Mkhitaryan is Arsenal’s best performing player
Budding Diplomacy between US and North Korea
Kurds Promise Nightmare for Turks in Afrin
12 Armenians Will Participate in Dutch Local Elections
Washington: Bako Sahakyan Visited St. Mary and Holy Cross Armenian Apostolic Churches
Serzh Sargsyan Sends Congratulatory Message to Vladimir Putin
Trump Offers Death Penalty for Drug Dealers
Scripal's Poisoning: A Reason for Tense Relations Between London and Moscow?
Europe's Indifference and Turkey's Interests
Boris Johnson to Support to UK Diplomats Expelled from Russia
Boris Johnson Accused Russia of Secretely Stockpiling the Deadly Nerve Agent
Afrin Urges International Communities to Stop Turkey
Erdogan: Turkey Has Taken Full Control of the Center of Afrin
Sri Lanka Lifted a Nationwide State of Emergency
Bako Sahakyan: The Armenian Community of America and our American Friends are Actively Involved in the Process of the International Recognition of Artsakh
Iran Arrests Ahmadinejad’s Close Ally and Ex-Vice President
Voting for Presidential Election Starts in Russia
Sunday of Advent
James Bagyan: The Only Armenian that Was in Space and Can Make Dolma
Why the Figure Skater Evgenia Medvedeva (Babasyan) Did Not Take Her Father's Name?
Armenian President Schools Azeri Diplomat on History at Munich Security Conference
Azerbaijani Blogger: Armenians Did not Destroy Azerbaijani Graves in Karabakh
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
President Attends Bookinist Bookstore on the Occasion of Book Giving Day
Armenia Negotiates with Four Countries over Creation of Persian Gulf: Black Sea Transit Corridor
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Serzh Sargsyan: Azerbaijan’s Position Regarding the Nagorno Karabakh Issue is a Flagrant Violation of the Helsinki Spirit
Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia: Armenia Plays a Positive Role in Improving Russian-Georgian Relations (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 11.27 km/h