Iran Is Ready to Create New Opportunities of Cooperation with Armenia (Official)
On December 12, RA NA Armenia-Iran Friendship Group delegation had meetings with the Head of the IRI Majlis Iran-Armenia Friendship Group, the Heads of the Committees on Economic Affairs, on Energy, on Foreign Relations and on Defense, official page of RA NA rports.
During the meetings multi-layered issues of the Armenian-Iranian cooperation were discussed, particularly, the cooperation in the spheres of economy, energy, foreign policy and security.
Within the framework of the economic cooperation the sides discussed issues relating to the works of the economic free zone being created in Meghri and the possibilities and the further organization of the activities. The sides particularly touched upon the Iranian and the Armenian goods turnover, and by the mediation and support of the Armenian and Iranian sides in other markets.
In the sphere of energy issues regarding the construction of the third energy line were discussed. The sides have recorded that the preparatory works are over and the phases of the final design and construction should follow. Certain agreements on the issues of the organization of the gas purchase process from Iran to Armenia were reached. The parties agreed to create joint working groups which should be engaged with the solution of the concrete problems, involving in them the representatives of the spheres of the two countries’ executive powers and business sphere. It has been designed to hold multilateral forums by the initiative of the parliaments of Armenia and Iran.
The representatives of the IRI Majlis have assured that the Iranian legislation is liberal which gives wide opportunity to deepen the effective cooperation in the debated spheres. It has been reaffirmed that the Iranian side is ready to debate and create new opportunities in all spheres.
The RA NA deputies Koryun Nahapetyan, Vahe Enfiajyan, Nikol Pashinyan and Aghvan Vardanyan are in the delegation
- Majlis of Iran Approved a Bill on Constructing HPPs on Araks River Earlier, on April 17, a decision was made during an open session of the Iranian Majlis to start urgent discussions over the construction of the HPPs in cooperation with Armenia.
- Armenian-Iranian Business Forum Took Place in Yerevan DFA stressed that “for Iranian entrepreneurs doing business in Armenia will be by 23% more affordable with more skilled labor and financial sustainability.”
- One Step Ahead is Taken in Talks with Investors for Iran-Armenia Railway The transport ministry of Armenia has gone one step ahead in the negotiations with investors for construction of the Iran-Armenia railway.
- 2016 Was a Year of Active Cooperation between Armenia and Iran The results of the dynamic cooperation between Tehran and Yerevan as well as the further steps were discussed during the Iranian President’s visit to Armenia. It is expected that Armenian President’s...
- High Level Armenian-Iranian Negotiations Held in Armenia We view the Republic of Armenia as a friendly country and we desire to further warm up and develop our bilateral relations.
- Iran files Suit in International Court against U.S. over Sanctions A State Department official said the application was without merit and the United States would fight it in the court.
- Nikol Pashinyan Discusses Expansion of Armenian-Iranian Economic Ties with Reza Ardakanian Reza Ardakanian conveyed Iranian President Hassan Rouhani’s message to Armenia’s Prime Minister and the invitation to visit Iran. The IRI Minister of Energy highlighted the prospects for cooperation...
- Iran Disappointed by What Europe Offers to Offset US Exit from Nuclear Deal What Europe has so far offered Iran to make up for the economic damage inflicted on the country by the US withdrawal from the deal in May is insufficient, Rouhani told Merkel, calling the European proposal...
- Rouhani: Sanctions will Put Pressure on Iranians Rouhani also touched upon the US policy, adding there is a gap between the US and its allies - Canada, Mexico, the European Union, Asian countries.
- Iranians Must Stand Together to "Bring America to Its Knees": Rouhani "We will take problems. We will take pressure. But we will not sacrifice our independence," said Rouhani.
- Armenia Holds no Negotiations with Iran Over Gas Purchase at the Moment At the same time Artur Grigoryan noted that of course there are possible options which should be discussed.
- Iranian Businessmen View Armenia as a Bridge to the World There are companies that can establish production in Armenia and enter different markets.
- Armenia Can Become a Good Platform for International Free Economic Zones Recall that the agreement is about creating a temporary three-year economic zone. In this regard, we should also note several important circumstances in the interests of the national economy of Armenia:
- Armenia's Ambassador to Iran: Yerevan-Tehran Relations are on the Rise The Ambassador said these ties are stable and cannot be affected by the will of a third country.
- Iran, Russia, Armenia and Georgia to Synchronize Their Power Grids Araqi added that Iran's electricity exchange with Armenia would increase fourfold to around 1,200 megawatts, once the construction of the third power transmission line is complete.
At Least three Dead After Two Planes Crash in Florida
Iran files Suit in International Court against U.S. over Sanctions
Prime Minister Suggests Reconsidering Rental Contracts for Facilities Near Lake Sevan and Bring Them to a Proper Level
Trump: Iran deal is good for Russia, but it wasn't good for US
EU Signs Free-trade Agreement with Japan
Putin: Russia Has No “Compromising Material” on Trump
Trump must be Removed for "Treasonous Conduct" with Putin, Former White House Ethics Chief Says
Armenia PM, First President Meet
Nikol Pashinyan, Petros Terzian Discuss Hayastan All-Armenian Fund’s Further Activities
Putin, Trump Not to Exchange Gifts?
EU is Ready to Help Armenia: EU Envoy
Lavrov, Pompeo Holding Their First Meeting in Helsinki
Princes Charles, William Unwilling to Meet with Trump during UK Visit
Paris Turns to Violence after France’s World Cup Victory Over Croatia
Israeli Rockets Strike Military Position Near Aleppo
President Armen Sarkissian Met with the Emir of Qatar Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani
What Does Armenian Prime Minister Expect from EU?
Trump Criticises Obama over US 2016 Election Hack
Putin, Erdogan Discuss Joint Steps in Syria
Theresa May warns there could be 'no Brexit at all' - Mail on Sunday
Prince William Got an Armenian Cross as a Gift
A Lebanese Politician of Armenian Ethnic Origins is in the top-5 of the Most Successful Business Women in the Middle East
Nikol Pashinyan: "A Historical Process of Reconciliation Between Law-Enforcement Authorities and Society is Taking Place in Armenia"
Newlywed Foreigners Apply for Artsakh Visa with Bride Wearing a Wedding Dress
Nikol Pashinyan: "Our most important goal is not only to stop the tide of emigration, but to reverse the trend" (PHOTOS)
Feast of Transfiguration of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Developments in Georgia: The Reasons of Prime Minister's Resignation and Prospects of Changes in the Country
Israel Defense Minister Cancels Azerbaijan Visit
Erdogan Plans to Involve Ethnic Armenian Economist Daron Acemoglu in the New Cabinet
Artsrun Hovhannisyan: The Activity of Azerbaijani Farmers and Shepherds is From Now on Threatened Due to "Liberator" Hasanov
Wind: 6.44 km/h