Syria: What to Wait For After Trump's Threats?
The situation around Syria continues to aggravate. This time, the main reason for this is the statements of the United States regarding the intention to strike Syria. US President Donald Trump has called on Russia to prepare for missile strikes in Syria. Trump wrote on his Twitter page: "Russia promises to hit any rocket that will be sent to Syria. Get ready Russia, because they (missiles) will come: Glorious, new and "smart". He added that Russia should not become a friend with an "animal" (meaning Syrian President Bashar al-Assad), who "kills his own people with gas and gets pleasure from it."
Russia, in response to Trump's threats, said it would answer to the US in a corresponding way, especially if Russian soldiers in Syria were killed in the attacks.
Note that US navy ships Donald Cook and Porter approached Syria. All this happens exactly one year after the US launched a missile attack on the Syrian Air Force in 2017. As that time also, the reason for the attack was that the Syrian government allegedly used chemical weapons. Note that Donald Cook and Porter take up to 120 Tomahawk wing rockets with a distance of 2,000 kilometers. In other words, the entire area of Syria falls under the ammunition of American ships. However, the direction of the attack is not clear yet. It is only known that the United States is preparing a massive missile attack in several directions at the same time which should last for minimum a day. Note that in 2011, it took the American and the British forces only 124 Tomahawk missiles to completely destroy the Muammar Gaddafi's air defense system.
The issue of alleged use of chemical weapons in Syria and possible US attack was discussed at the UN Security Council on April 10. The West blames Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in the use of chemical weapons against civilians in Dօuma, a settlement in East Ghuthah. US Representative Nicholas Hell accused Russia of killing civilians in Syria. Russia, in turn, stated that there is no evidence of chemical attack. The Syrian authorities also called these allegations ungrounded. Syria's permanent representative to the UN Bashar Jaafari said that his country would not allow repeating Iraqi or Libyan scenarios. However, French military aviation is going to assist the United States. Unlike France, Britain's Prime Minister Theresa May said she was not going to help the US President in a joint attack on Syria. According to May, the parties should first wait for the evidence of the use of chemical weapons in Syria, as the US and a number of other western countries are now based on information provided by activists according to which a chemical attack on Duma was allegedly carried out on April 7, and as a result of which 70 people have been killed. It should be noted that only a day before April 6, the Russian authorities declared that Al-Nusra Front was preparing a chemical attack.
One thing is clear. The escalation of the Syrian conflict is inevitable, especially if the United States really applies to its missiles.
- Almost 600 Civilians have Returned to Eastern Ghouta "Construction equipment delivered by the Russian side is being used to clear the debris to restore traffic in the city of Douma in Eastern Ghouta. Repair crews are restoring water and power supply in the...
- National Guards and Militants Clash in the City of Douma, Syria According to the source there are casualties. Clashes erupted in the Rahmani neighborhood.
- UAE Condemns Use of Chemical Weapons Against Syrian Civilians The UAE also reaffirmed its support for the military operations against these banned weapons and their sources in Syria.
- The Syrian People Further Strengthen the Foundations of Sovereignty: Ethnic Armenian Lawmaker The moral and psychological situation is high, life continues.
- UN Security Council Rejects Russia Resolution Condemning Syria Strikes Only three countries - Russia, China, and Bolivia - voted in favor of the resolution at the end of an emergency meeting of the 15-member council called by Russia on Saturday.
- What Is Behind US-Russia "Power-Game"? The US faces the issue of strengthening its stance and role on various issues, such as Syrian crisis, Korean crisis, negotiations with Iran etc.
- UNSC Fails to Pass 3 Resolutions on Syria ''Chem Аttack'' The US, UK and France had earlier indicated they are likely to resort to military action in response to the alleged chemical incident in Douma on Saturday. The Russian envoy once again called for the West...
- A Record-Breaking Number of Women Are Running for the US House of Representatives 309 women across the country have filed candidacy papers to run, beating out the previous record of 298 women in 2012.
- US Plans to Sanction Russian Oligarchs This Week This week’s actions will include sanctions against Russian oligarchs, including some with ties to Putin as well as to the Russian government.
- Trump, Netanyahu Discuss Ways to Counter Iran’s Influence in the Middle East The phone conversation was held on the eve of the UN Security Council’s session which will focus on the topic of situation in the Middle East.
Government of Armenia Changes Time of Sessions
Theresa May Discusses Situation in Syria with Xi Jinping
Trump Orders Strikes Under his Constitutional Authorities
Sharmazanov Expressed Gratitude to the Head of Latvia-Armenia Parliamentary Friendship Group for the Ratification of the RA-EU Agreement
Brent Oil Price Exceeds $74 per Barrel
Steven Seagal to Visit Armenia and Pay Tribute to the Memory of the Innocent Victims of the Armenian Genocide
Atom Egoyan: The Future of Armenia Is Not in the Hands of the Diaspora, but in the Hands of the RA Citizens
Garegin II: Inciting Hatred and Hostility Are Unacceptable
Miguel Díaz-Canel Sworn in as Cuba's New President
European Court Announces Two New Decisions against Azerbaijan
Foreign Businessmen Will Participate in Economic Conference in Artsakh
Two More Lawmakers from HDP Lost Their Seats in the Turkish Parliament
Artsakh Defense Army Strengthened with New Types of Equipment. Bako Sahakyan
Mkhitaryan Began Training Again After a Knee Injury
Hovhannes Nikoghosyan Was Appointed Spokesperson of Prime Minister
Saudi Arabia Will Have Its First Cinema
Turkey Extends State of Emergency
Latvia Ratified the Armenia-EU Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement
Artsakh President: Attractive Conditions for Investment Should Be Created
Majlis of Iran Approved a Bill on Constructing HPPs on Araks River
Suren Arustamyan Rocked the Stage in California
Erdogan Personally Ordered to Organize Protests in Germany against Armenian Genocide Recognition Resolution: Der Spiegel
Foreigners, Except Armenians, Purchasing at Least $300,000 Worth of Real Estate in Turkey Can Obtain Turkish Citizenship
The Opening Ceremony of the Statue of the Doctor of the Church, St. Gregory of Narek, Will Be Held in Vatican
Member of German Bundestag: Armenian Genocide is a Historically Well-Researched Fact which Shouldn't be Denied Anymore
Armenia: Where the Stars Are Closer (VIDEO)
David Yerevantsi About the Statue of ST. Gregory of Narek: "This Sculpture is a Phenomenon Within the Limits of Faith and Talent" (EXCLUSIVE)
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime about 250 Times
President Sargsyan Receives Minister of State Attached to the Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs of France
Aram Ateshian: ''We Are Grateful to Turkish Authorities and Our Turkish Army''
Wind: 11.27 km/h