During the Elections, the Azerbaijani Authorities Set Three Main Goals for Themselves: Narek Minasyan
The election of Aliyev and the electoral processes in Azerbaijan in general are only performances, staged mostly for the international community. Narek Minasyan, the head of "Insight" Analytical Center for Applied Policy and Research stated at a press conference in "Armenpress" press center. According to him, the purpose of the Azerbaijani authorities is to create an imitation of legitimacy, to show as if democratic processes are taking place.
According to Minasyan, in the electoral processes the Azerbaijani authorities have set three main problems for themselves. "First, it was necessary to show that the elections were competitive. For this purpose, there were a number of prominent candidates who were carrying out propaganda for Aliyev. Moreover, one of them even confessed that he voted for Aliyev," Minasyan said.
The second problem, according to the expert, was to ensure high participation of citizens in the elections. Taking into account the fact that a number of opposition forces boycotted the elections in general, it was more important for Aliyev's clan to have high level of participation.
The third issue, according to Minasyan, was the involvement of observer missions with which the Aerbaijani authorities tried to present the elections as democratic. "It is noteworthy that by moving the election date, Aliyev deprived the observer missions of the opportunity to conduct long-term observation," the political scientist mentioned.
According to him, Ilham Aliyev had clearly calculated that if the election period was changed from October to April, in the context of the full international agenda and the current tension in the West-Russia relations, the presidential elections in Azerbaijan would be out of the international community's attention. It seems that these calculations justified themselves, and indeed, there is no serious international response to Aliyev's snap elections.
Minasyan said that the leaders of different countries have already congratulated Aliyev and, naturally, among them was the Turkish President. He was followed by the Presidents of Belarus, Iran, Georgia, Russia, etc.
- In Order to Maintain His Power Aliyev Changes The ''Game Terms'' In the current situation a question arises, which made Aliyev to go for snap elections, changing the terms of the game. If we try to clarify the main motives for appointing snap presidential elections...
- Why Did Aliyev Decide to Hold Snap Elections in Azerbaijan?! An Exclusive Interview with an Expert Such an interpretation suggests that Aliyev, roughly speaking, decided to quickly organize his fourth election.
- Aliyev Will Try to Pursue More Balanced Internal Politics in 2018 Among the steps to strengthen their power, we should also consider the emergence of a new "black list" which includes those who "dare" to criticize the situation in human rights and freedoms in Azerbaijan.
- In 2016 Aliyev Strengthened Its Clan's Position and Weakened the Country's Socio-Economic Situation By resorting to aggression against NKR and creating an imitation of a strong country, Aliyev not only erased the offshore scandal from the memory of its society, but also created a ground for Constitutional...
- Council of Europe against Azerbaijan Not to sound too optimistic we can at least hope that the Azerbaijan petrodollars have lost their effectiveness and nowadays it becomes harder for Azerbaijan to close the eyes of the international community.
Government of Armenia Changes Time of Sessions
Theresa May Discusses Situation in Syria with Xi Jinping
Trump Orders Strikes Under his Constitutional Authorities
Sharmazanov Expressed Gratitude to the Head of Latvia-Armenia Parliamentary Friendship Group for the Ratification of the RA-EU Agreement
Brent Oil Price Exceeds $74 per Barrel
Steven Seagal to Visit Armenia and Pay Tribute to the Memory of the Innocent Victims of the Armenian Genocide
Atom Egoyan: The Future of Armenia Is Not in the Hands of the Diaspora, but in the Hands of the RA Citizens
Garegin II: Inciting Hatred and Hostility Are Unacceptable
Miguel Díaz-Canel Sworn in as Cuba's New President
European Court Announces Two New Decisions against Azerbaijan
Foreign Businessmen Will Participate in Economic Conference in Artsakh
Two More Lawmakers from HDP Lost Their Seats in the Turkish Parliament
Artsakh Defense Army Strengthened with New Types of Equipment. Bako Sahakyan
Mkhitaryan Began Training Again After a Knee Injury
Hovhannes Nikoghosyan Was Appointed Spokesperson of Prime Minister
Saudi Arabia Will Have Its First Cinema
Turkey Extends State of Emergency
Latvia Ratified the Armenia-EU Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement
Artsakh President: Attractive Conditions for Investment Should Be Created
Majlis of Iran Approved a Bill on Constructing HPPs on Araks River
Suren Arustamyan Rocked the Stage in California
Erdogan Personally Ordered to Organize Protests in Germany against Armenian Genocide Recognition Resolution: Der Spiegel
Foreigners, Except Armenians, Purchasing at Least $300,000 Worth of Real Estate in Turkey Can Obtain Turkish Citizenship
The Opening Ceremony of the Statue of the Doctor of the Church, St. Gregory of Narek, Will Be Held in Vatican
Member of German Bundestag: Armenian Genocide is a Historically Well-Researched Fact which Shouldn't be Denied Anymore
Armenia: Where the Stars Are Closer (VIDEO)
David Yerevantsi About the Statue of ST. Gregory of Narek: "This Sculpture is a Phenomenon Within the Limits of Faith and Talent" (EXCLUSIVE)
NKR Defense Army: During the Past Week Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime about 250 Times
President Sargsyan Receives Minister of State Attached to the Minister for Europe and Foreign Affairs of France
Aram Ateshian: ''We Are Grateful to Turkish Authorities and Our Turkish Army''
Wind: 11.27 km/h