The president of Azerbaijan admits that the claims about the corridor have nothing to do with the trilateral declaration: Vahan Hunanyan (ARMENPRESS)
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Armenia records that the president of Azerbaijan, Ilham Aliyev, with his latest statements, finally frankly states that the claims made about the so-called corridor have nothing to do with the trilateral declaration of November 9. In an interview with ARMENPRESS, the spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia Vahan Hunanyan emphasized that there is only one mentioning about a corridor in the statement, and that is the Lachin Corridor, which has been illegally blocked by Azerbaijan for more than a month.
- President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev stated in an interview to the Azerbaijani media that all those who do not want to live in Nagorno Karabakh as citizens of Azerbaijan can leave, because the way for them to leave is open. How would you interpret that?
Under these circumstances, we call upon the interested international partners to oblige Azerbaijan to stop the blocking of the Lachin Corridor and to save the Artsakh Armenians from the imminent disaster through clear actions. The people of Nagorno-Karabakh must not be deprived of their natural right to have a homeland and to live in their homeland.
- In the same interview, once again speaking about the so-called "Zangezur Corridor", the president of Azerbaijan admitted that there is no such term in the trilateral declaration of November 9. At the same time, he threatened that "there will be a corridor, regardless of whether Armenia wants it or not." What can you say in this regard?
It is welcome that the leadership of Azerbaijan finally frankly states that the claims made about the so-called corridor have nothing to do with the trilateral declaration of November 9. In the declaration, there is only one mentioning about a corridor, and that is the Lachin Corridor, which has been illegally blocked by Azerbaijan for more than a month.
And the threats to open a corridor by force once again clearly demonstrate the violation of the key international principle of non-use of force or the threat of force by Azerbaijan, as well as the absolute contempt of official Baku for the agreements reached with the participation of international mediators.
Once again, we must record that the actions, belligerent rhetoric and maximalist approaches of the Azerbaijani leadership seriously endanger the possibility of achieving peace and stability in the South Caucasus.
- In the interview, Ilham Aliyev also referred to the EU observation mission, expressing his displeasure with the possibility of deploying a new observation mission in Armenia.
- First of all, we would like to emphasize that Armenia highly values the role of the EU mission, which ended on December 19, 2022 in strengthening stability and security in the region and preventing new aggressions against Armenia. We have also expressed our willingness to continue the mutually beneficial cooperation with the EU in the context of the implementation of the Union's new observation mission in the sovereign territory of the Republic of Armenia.
The displeasure of the president of Azerbaijan is incomprehensible to us. After all, let's repeat, we are talking about the possibility of carrying out the mission in the sovereign territory of the Republic of Armenia. Apparently, the Azerbaijani side is afraid that the new EU mission will become an obstacle for launching a new aggression against the sovereignty and territorial integrity of the Republic of Armenia, the risk of which remains very high.
- Does this mean that the negotiations can be considered completed?
- Absolutely not, in December 2022 we presented our proposals for the normalization of relations with Azerbaijan or, as it is customary to say, the draft peace treaty to the Azerbaijani side, and now we are waiting for their response.
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 3.09 km/h