"In Shushi There is a Unique Energy, Power that Attracts and Does Not Let You Go…"
At the expense of the lives and blood of our brave soldiers the liberated Shushi today stands as an unassailable fortress and a generation grows there, who continue the mission of their fathers and who cannot imagine their life outside Shushi. As they note "in the town there is a unique energy, a power that attracts and does not let you go.”
"Armedia" IAA presents an exclusive interview with 20 year-old Kristina Khachatryan and 21 year-old Mariam Andreasyan to find out what is the meaning of May 9 for young Shushi residents and how they celebrate Victory day.
- What doea Shushi liberation mean for you?
- First of all I am very proud that I am born in Shushi. I live here and hope that I will live here forever doing my best to see my town prosperous. In this town there is a unique energy, a power that attracts and does not let go. Each time I am absent from my town no later than for 3-4 days I start missing it. They always ask me: "What do you miss?" I respond: "Everything, because every corner in this town, every city is very dear to me. This is a feeling that I cannot explain.”
I am very grateful to our soldiers, officers; I bow my head to the hero martyrs, because of their immortal job today my Shushi is liberated and we can live comfortably in Shushi stronghold.
- How do you celebrate May 9 in Shushi?
- Triple holiday in Shushi is celebrated in a very happy and interesting atmosphere. This is already the sixth year that in the morning of May 9 me and my friend go to the memorial "Tank" in Shushi to lay flowers and then walk back to the town. It has become a tradition for us. After coming back to the town we participate in all the evens organized. Everybody celebrates the holiday in a unique and interesting way.
- What will you wish to your hometown?
- First of all I wish peace and new achievements. I want to see my town in better conditions. I want it never lose its uniqueness. Let the tracks of the war disappear, let Shushi have more population. By God’s will let only "Armenian-speaking" rings ring in Ghazanchetsots Cathedral and St. Hovhannes Mkrtich Church in Shushi.
In her turn a twenty-one year resident in Shushi Mariam Andreasyan expressed her ideas about the holiday in the following short but very meaningful sentences.
- Liberation of Shushi is the start of the Armenian revival. It was strategically and psychologically important victory that helped us to believe in our strengths and found a powerful homeland. This victory helped us to restore justice and be filled with the feeling of hope towards the future. I want our city to flourish and prosper peacefully. I wish we always hear the laugh and cry of new born babies here.
Let it be peace in our Artsakh and happy Victory Day.
- Arayik Harutyunyan Visited Festive Event On The Occasion Of The Artsakh Republic Proclamation On 8 September Artsakh Republic President Arayik Harutyunyan visited the town of Shoushi and partook in the festive event organized by the "Azat Hayreniq" party on the occasion of the Artsakh Republic...
- One New Case Of The Coronavirus Has Been Registered In Artsakh The Ministry of Health of the Republic of Artsakh informed that one new case of the coronavirus has been registered in Artsakh, but seven more persons have recovered, Information Headquarters reported.
- Artsakh President Awards The Authers Of The Stepanakert Aater Supply System Project The President of Artsakh Republic Arayik Haroutyunyan on Monday received a group of construction engineers and persons in charge on the eve of Artsakh Republic Day
- President of Artsakh Handed in Awards to a Group of Construction Sphere Representatives For the contribution to the sphere and in connection with the professional holiday the republic's President handed in awards and valuable gifts to a group of Artsakh Republic Municipal Engineering Ministry...
- President of Artsakh Signed a Decree On 21 July President Arayik Harutyunyan signed a decree on appointing Armen Sargsyan advisor to the Artsakh Republic President on education, science, culture, youth and sports.
Armenian FM Receives Ambassadors of OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair Countries
Trump Orders to Declassify Set of Documents Related to FBI’s Russia Probe
Germany Extends COVID Lockdown until February 14
114 Refugees Return to Nagorno Karabakh in a Day
Iran’s Rouhani Hails Departure of ‘Tyrant’ Trump
Trump Grants Pardons to 73 Individuals, Including Ex-Adviser Bannon
Body of MIA Soldier Found in Jabrayil
Armenia Records 165221 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Competent State Body of Armenia Must Publish the Number of Armenian POWs – Ombudsman
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
We Will Continue to Fight to Make Your Dreams Come True: Garo Paylan about Hrant Dink
Armenia’s Minister of Defense Receives Delegation of Yerkrapah Volunteer Union
Trump Orders to Restrict Purchase of Unmanned Aircraft Systems from Russia and China
Stepantsminda-Larsi Highway is Closed
Stable Operational Situation Maintained along Armenian-Azerbaijani Border
Ombudsman Tatoyan, German Ambassador Discuss Return of Armenian POWs from Azerbaijan
Lavrov, Head of UN Alliance of Civilizations Discuss Upcoming Conference
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Artsakh Sent Letters to International Structures in Connection with Armenian Prisoners of War and Civilians Detained by Azerbaijan
Bodies of 7 Servicemen And 1 Civilian Found During Search Works in Karabakh
Lavrov: No Provocations Against Russian Peacekeepers in Nagorno-Karabakh
Azerbaijan President's Statement Contradicts point 8 of Statement Signed on November 9, 2020: Arman Tatoyan
Artsakh Authorities Find More Bodies of Fallen Troops in Ongoing Search Operations
Artsakh Security Chief: We Could Have Avoided the War
Colorado Identifies First Known Case of UK Coronavirus Variant in US
Armenia to Import 2,250 Goods from Iran Instead of Turkey
Bodies of 1,111 Fallen Armenian Soldiers Retrieved So Far: Artsakh Emergency Service
Let's Believe that 2021 Will Restore Our Lost Dignity
Armenian, Azerbaijani Intelligence Chiefs Discuss PoW Exchange at Moscow-Mediated Meeting
Armenia Ombudsman: What Azerbaijan Military has Done is Step with Clear Intention to Intimidate Civilians
Wind: 5 km/h