"In Shushi There is a Unique Energy, Power that Attracts and Does Not Let You Go…"
At the expense of the lives and blood of our brave soldiers the liberated Shushi today stands as an unassailable fortress and a generation grows there, who continue the mission of their fathers and who cannot imagine their life outside Shushi. As they note "in the town there is a unique energy, a power that attracts and does not let you go.”
"Armedia" IAA presents an exclusive interview with 20 year-old Kristina Khachatryan and 21 year-old Mariam Andreasyan to find out what is the meaning of May 9 for young Shushi residents and how they celebrate Victory day.
- What doea Shushi liberation mean for you?
- First of all I am very proud that I am born in Shushi. I live here and hope that I will live here forever doing my best to see my town prosperous. In this town there is a unique energy, a power that attracts and does not let go. Each time I am absent from my town no later than for 3-4 days I start missing it. They always ask me: "What do you miss?" I respond: "Everything, because every corner in this town, every city is very dear to me. This is a feeling that I cannot explain.”
I am very grateful to our soldiers, officers; I bow my head to the hero martyrs, because of their immortal job today my Shushi is liberated and we can live comfortably in Shushi stronghold.
- How do you celebrate May 9 in Shushi?
- Triple holiday in Shushi is celebrated in a very happy and interesting atmosphere. This is already the sixth year that in the morning of May 9 me and my friend go to the memorial "Tank" in Shushi to lay flowers and then walk back to the town. It has become a tradition for us. After coming back to the town we participate in all the evens organized. Everybody celebrates the holiday in a unique and interesting way.
- What will you wish to your hometown?
- First of all I wish peace and new achievements. I want to see my town in better conditions. I want it never lose its uniqueness. Let the tracks of the war disappear, let Shushi have more population. By God’s will let only "Armenian-speaking" rings ring in Ghazanchetsots Cathedral and St. Hovhannes Mkrtich Church in Shushi.
In her turn a twenty-one year resident in Shushi Mariam Andreasyan expressed her ideas about the holiday in the following short but very meaningful sentences.
- Liberation of Shushi is the start of the Armenian revival. It was strategically and psychologically important victory that helped us to believe in our strengths and found a powerful homeland. This victory helped us to restore justice and be filled with the feeling of hope towards the future. I want our city to flourish and prosper peacefully. I wish we always hear the laugh and cry of new born babies here.
Let it be peace in our Artsakh and happy Victory Day.
- Arayik Harutyunyan Visited Festive Event On The Occasion Of The Artsakh Republic Proclamation On 8 September Artsakh Republic President Arayik Harutyunyan visited the town of Shoushi and partook in the festive event organized by the "Azat Hayreniq" party on the occasion of the Artsakh Republic...
- One New Case Of The Coronavirus Has Been Registered In Artsakh The Ministry of Health of the Republic of Artsakh informed that one new case of the coronavirus has been registered in Artsakh, but seven more persons have recovered, Information Headquarters reported.
- Artsakh President Awards The Authers Of The Stepanakert Aater Supply System Project The President of Artsakh Republic Arayik Haroutyunyan on Monday received a group of construction engineers and persons in charge on the eve of Artsakh Republic Day
- President of Artsakh Handed in Awards to a Group of Construction Sphere Representatives For the contribution to the sphere and in connection with the professional holiday the republic's President handed in awards and valuable gifts to a group of Artsakh Republic Municipal Engineering Ministry...
- President of Artsakh Signed a Decree On 21 July President Arayik Harutyunyan signed a decree on appointing Armen Sargsyan advisor to the Artsakh Republic President on education, science, culture, youth and sports.
Syunik Governor Hunan Poghosyan Resigns
Artsakh President: Over 600 Bodies Retrieved from Conflict Zone
Ameriabank Successfully Placed Its First Ever Green Bond
Prime Minister Holds Meeting with Judiciary
President Sarkissian Sends a Letter to Putin
Oil Prices Fall as OPEC+ Members Debate 2021 Output Policy
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Coronavirus Pandemic Unlikely to End Soon, WHO Official Says
Lt. General Jalal Harutyunyan Recovers Normally, to Be Discharged from Hospital Soon
France Wins 18th Junior Eurovision Song Contest
More Than 55,000 Residents of Artsakh Already Back Home – Government Says
Armenia Records 135124 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Kim Kardashian on New Initiative for Children of Artsakh
Masis Mayilian Met with Minister of Defence of the Republic of Armenia
1,174 New Cases of COVID-19 Confirmed in Armenia
Russian Military Doctors Arrive in Karabakh to Help Civilians
Armenia: Drivers are Recommended to Drive Exclusively on Winter Tires
President Armen Sarkissian Left on a Private Visit to the Russian Federation
We Have Always Felt the Support of Friendly France - PM Receives French Humanitarian Mission Delegation
4 Azeri Family-Members Killed in Fizuli Landmine Blast
Cher Appeals to US Government to Help Armenia, Artsakh (VIDEO)
Kim Kardashian Speaks on Artsakh Peace Deal: This is Goodbye, for Now
Foreign Minister Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Held Phone Conversations with the Representatives of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair Countries
Territorial Concessions and the Announced Terms Have Not Been Discussed with the Authorities of Artsakh: Vahram Poghosyan
A New Era Starts in the Caucasus: Georgian President
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Sent a Letter to the UNESCO Director-General Audrey Azoulay
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
First Aurora Humanitarian Aid Projects for Artsakh Announced
Ara Ayvazyan Appointed Minister of Foreign Affairs of Armenia
Wind: 4 km/h