US Reimposes Economic Sanctions on Iran
Washington intensified pressure on Iran on Monday with the reimposition of a series of tough economic sanctions as the Islamic regime grapples with widespread social unrest, Financial Time reports.
President Donald Trump confirmed he would reinstate sanctions on Tehran that had been waived as part of the 2015 Iran nuclear deal from which he withdrew the US in May. The sanctions, which take effect on Tuesday, prohibit Iran from using US currency. They also bar trading in cars and metals and minerals that include gold, steel, coal and aluminium. Iran will also be barred from buying US and European aircraft.
- Trump Extended anti-Iran Sanctions from 1979 Earlier, US Special Envoy for Iran, Brian Hook, said that Washington would impose restrictions on individuals or legal entities that would attempt to circumvent US sanctions against Iran.
- EU Special Payment Mechanism Needs to be Established Immediately to Maintain Economic Cooperation with Iran: Mohammad Javad Zarif Iran FM Held Talks with British, Norwegian Counterparts
- Iran's Khamenei Bans Direct Negotiations with US America never remains loyal to its promises in talks.
- Turkey Against Severing Economic Ties with Iran despite US Stance “A delegation of ours is in the United States right now and negotiations are being held on a series of matters including the sanctions issue. I think a good outcome will emerge from this dialogue. We...
- Cooperating with Iran is a Necessity for Armenia: Expert In connection with recent developments in Iran's nuclear program, "Armedia" IAA talked to the expert, Armen Israelyan.
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Nikol Pashinyan Extends Condolences over Death of American-Armenian Philanthropist Louise Manoogian Simone
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Met with Representatives of the Armenian Community of South Ossetia
Trump Signs Directive to Create a Military Space Force
The Artsakh Revival Day is One of the Most Significant Victories of the Armenians all Over the World: Bako Sahakyan
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Masis Mayilian was Recieved by the President of South Ossetia
Italy Puts Former PM’s Family Under House Arrest
Cooperation Agreement Signed Between the Ministries of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh and the Republic of South Ossetia
Chanel Designer Karl Lagerfeld Dead Aged 85
Bako Sahakyan Attended the Conference Devoted to the 150th Anniversary of Hovhannes Toumanyan
"You'll Lose Everything." President Trump Warns Venezuelan Military to Abandon Nicolas Maduro
16 US states Sue over Trump Border Wall Emergency Declaration
Catholicos of Great House of Cilicia Aram I Arrives in Armenia
Karen Sargsyan Relieved from Position of Artsakh President’s Representative at Large
Jean-Claude Juncker: Brexit Delay Beyond EU Election is Possible
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
EU's Juncker Expects Trump to Refrain from Imposing Higher Tariffs on Cars
Azerbaijani Man Burnt the Armenian Flag in the Church Yard (video)
Erdogan to Putin: Is the Car Armored? (video)
Elderly Man in Turkey Sentenced to Read Erdogan’s Biography for Insulting Him
"I Don't Speak Armenian, but I'm Armenian": Alain Prost - Living Legend of Formula One
"I'm Armenian, but I've Never Been in my Homeland'': Anna Der-Vartanian - First Female Master Chief Petty Officer in U.S. Navy
Serj Tankian and His Wife Provided Assistance to over 200 Needy Families in Armenia
I'm Pleasantly Surprised that Armenians Haven't Destroyed Azerbaijani and Jewish Cemeteries: Lapshin Visited Armenian Yeghegis
ANCA Suggests to Rename the Washington Street in Front of the Turkish Ambassador's Residence after Henry Morgenthau
Lapshin Has Applied to Armenian Defense Ministry Asking to Allow Him Visit the Border Zone Shelled by Azerbaijan
Rhetoric around Preparing Armenian and Azerbaijani Societies for Peace Needs Transparency to Make Way for "Informed Judgements"
Turkey Recalled that Venezuela Recognized the Armenian Genocide in 2005
Nikol Pashinyan Discusses Cooperation Prospects with Mitsubishi Heavy Industries, JICA and eBay Executives in Davos
Wind: 5 km/h