US Reimposes Economic Sanctions on Iran
Washington intensified pressure on Iran on Monday with the reimposition of a series of tough economic sanctions as the Islamic regime grapples with widespread social unrest, Financial Time reports.
President Donald Trump confirmed he would reinstate sanctions on Tehran that had been waived as part of the 2015 Iran nuclear deal from which he withdrew the US in May. The sanctions, which take effect on Tuesday, prohibit Iran from using US currency. They also bar trading in cars and metals and minerals that include gold, steel, coal and aluminium. Iran will also be barred from buying US and European aircraft.
- Trump Extended anti-Iran Sanctions from 1979 Earlier, US Special Envoy for Iran, Brian Hook, said that Washington would impose restrictions on individuals or legal entities that would attempt to circumvent US sanctions against Iran.
- EU Special Payment Mechanism Needs to be Established Immediately to Maintain Economic Cooperation with Iran: Mohammad Javad Zarif Iran FM Held Talks with British, Norwegian Counterparts
- Iran's Khamenei Bans Direct Negotiations with US America never remains loyal to its promises in talks.
- Turkey Against Severing Economic Ties with Iran despite US Stance “A delegation of ours is in the United States right now and negotiations are being held on a series of matters including the sanctions issue. I think a good outcome will emerge from this dialogue. We...
- Cooperating with Iran is a Necessity for Armenia: Expert In connection with recent developments in Iran's nuclear program, "Armedia" IAA talked to the expert, Armen Israelyan.
Georgia’s President is Declining Her Official Salary and will Continue to Live on Her French Pension
Tension between Russia and Azerbaijan: Armenians to Be Blamed?
Only 2/3 of Cabinet Members will be Appointed in the Near Future - Nikol Pashinyan Refers to Government Formation
Preparing for Peace? Stepanakert Responded to OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Statement
Pentagon to Scrutinize Recruits with Green Cards and Other Foreign Ties
Armenia Appoints Permanent Representative to UNESCO
Iran Foreign Minister Condemns US Imprisonment of Press TV Anchor
Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan Extends Condolences to Georgian Prime Minister Mamuka Bakhtadze
Sanctions Relief Removes Obstacle to US-Armenia Aluminum Trade
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
"Possible Summit Between Leaders of Armenia and Azerbaijan" under Consideration: Statement by the Co-Chairs of the OSCE Minsk Group
Meeting of Armenian and Azerbaijani FMs Lasted More than 4 Hours
PM Pashinyan to Participate in Davos Economic Forum
Some Roads in Armenia are Closed and Difficult to Pass
CoE Secretary General Congratulates Nikol Pashinyan
Serbia Arrests Man Plotting to Assassinate Putin
Russia Expects Progress in the Karabakh Conflict Settlement in 2019 - Lavrov
Mher Grigoryan and Tigran Avinyan Appointed as Deputy Prime Ministers
UK Has Not Requested Brexit Extension
Acting Secretary General of CSTO Congratulates Pashinyan on Re-Appointment
Congratulatory Address by Acting Prime Minister Nikol Pashinyan on New Year and Christmas Holidays (VIDEO)
Erdogan Officially Declared 2019 as the Year of Armenian Portasar
His Holiness Karekin II Catholicos of All Armenians Sends a Message on the Occasion of the Feast of the Holy Nativity and Theophany of Our Lord Jesus Christ
James Mattis to step down as US defence secretary after announcing he can no longer support Donald Trump
Nikol Pashinyan:"We Have Erased the Borderline Between Armenia and the Diaspora Because our Main Task is to Create Opportunities for Everyone"
As the Leader of the Country that Chairs the International Organization of La Francophonie, Nikol Pashinyan Signs OIF Secretary General’s Employment Contract
Artsakh Republic President Addressed Congratulatory Message on the Occasion of New Year and Christmas Holidays
Meeting between Pashinyan and Belarusian candidate for CSTO Secretary general not Planned: Arman Yeghoyan
Eve of Feast of the Holy Nativity and Theophany of Our Lord Jesus Christ, Candlelight (Lucernarium) Divine Liturgy
Pompeo: US Withdrawal from Syria doesn't Change Mission to Destroy ISIS and Stop Iran's Influence in the Mideast