Armenia National Debt Close to $7bn at end of 2018
The national debt of Armenia amounted to 3 trillion 279.6 billion drams on December 31, 2017, whereas 3 trillion 349 billion drams, or 6 billion 922.9 million US dollars—on December 31, 2018.
Basically, the national debt grew by 69.4 billion drams (2.1%), or by 148.3 million dollars (2.2%), in a year.
In the current year, about $300 million will be allocated to repay the national debt.
Also in 2019, the Armenian government plans to borrow about $490 million in loan and pay off $175 million in debt.
To note, however, even though the national debt growth rate in Armenia continues to be higher than the GDP growth rate in the country, this negative difference is reducing ever since 2016.
- Armenia Planning on Taking New Loans Worth $1.5 Billion This is what Armenia’s Minister of Finance Atom Janjughazyan said during a discussion on the report on the performance evaluation of the 2018 State Budget at the National Assembly today, responding to...
- Armenia’s Exports to EAEU States Grow by Over 20% “EAEU has opened great opportunities for Armenia’s economy. We have made some comparisons as of late 2014 (before Armenia’s membership) the quantitative figure of our relations with the member states....
- Made-in-Armenia TV Sets Hit the Shelves The 14 employees of the International Manufacturing Group ensemble up to 300 devices each day
- Chinese Market is Open for Armenian Goods: PM Pashinyan The PM told minister of economic development and investments Tigran Khachatryan that it is necessary to understand where there are discrepancies which create technical problems so that the Cabinet will...
- Lazar Serebryakov, Russian Admiral of Armenian Descent, One of the Founders of Novorossiysk Lazar Serebryakov, or by his birth name Ghazar Artsatagortsian, was a Russian admiral, who participated in the Russo-Turkish War and also held top command positions during the Crimean war.
Alexander Lukashenko Has Congratulated Armenian Apostolic Church Leader on his Birthday
“We Consider you the Friend of Democracy in Armenia" - PM Holds Farewell Meeting with Piotr Switalski
The Government Dismisses the Mayors, then Beats the Deputies Elected by the People: Garo Paylan
Artsakh Republic President Handed in the ''Anania Shirakatsi'' Medal to Famed Geologist from Russia Sergey Vardanyan
Serzh Sargsyan Congratulates His Holiness Garegin II on Birthday
OSCE Mission Monitoring on Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border Passed in Accordance with the Agreed Schedule
Sinquefield Cup: Aronyan Loses in Round 4 of Tournament
PM, RyanAir Representatives Discuss Prospects for Irish Carrier’s Involvement in Armenia
PM Nikol Pashinyan Extends Birthday Greetings to Catholicos of All Armenians
Serbia to Sign Free Trade Zone Agreement with EAEU on October 25
ARF-D offers referendum for the solution of Amulsar issue
Earthquake Hits Armenia
Armenia National Security Service uncovers embezzlement at MOD
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Uruguay’s President Says He Has Lung Cancer
Artsakh President Congratulates His Holiness Garegin II on Birthday
Government Discussed Potential Entry of Ryanair into Armenian Market
Honduras' Ex-First Lady Convicted of Fraud, Embezzlement
Less Water Released from Lake Sevan This Year: Nikol Pashinyan
Venezuelan Leader Nicolás Maduro Confirms Months of Secret US Talks
He Will Be Great: Trump Congratulates Boris Johnson on Becoming UK's New PM
“Our Goal is to Make the Startup a Dominant Mindset in Armenia” - PM Meets with Sevan Startup Summit-2009 Participants (PHOTOS)
Trump Administration Attacks U.S. Aid Program to Artsakh
Armenian Killed in Aleppo
Artsakh Foreign Minister Masis Mayilian Met with Prime Minister of the Australian State of New South Wales Gladys Berejiklian
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border More than 900 Times
Our Strength Comes From our Ideas, Country’s Leaders and Country’s Rating: Security Council Secretary
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Delivered a Speech at the Meeting with the Armenian Community of Australia
In Uruguay Garo Paylan Together with His Party Colleague Paid Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of the Armenian Genocide
Azerbaijani Armed Forces Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border more than 65 Times
Wind: 12 km/h