Our Plans Will Target Reinforcement of Civil Society And Its Role: Naira Karapetyan, Director of ''European Integration'' NGO
- Mrs. Karapetyan, you wrote on your Facebook page about assuming the position of head of ''European Integration'' NGO.
- In fact, I have been participating in the work of "European Integration" for a long time. I have an extended experience in working with European structures in the parliamentary circles, particularly in the PACE Armenian delegation. The key priorities of the organization are the integration of civil society into the development of small and medium-sized businesses, capacity building of civil society organizations, the European integration, conflict transformation and peace building, the study and application of European experience.
At present, there seems to be a misunderstanding of the European direction, given a number of objective and subjective reasons. Therefore, it is more than important to make European values accessible to our society, at the same time take our national mentality into account.
In addition, the work of European structures is not limited to the contact with the Armenian authorities. The role of non-governmental organizations in the formation of a political agenda is also significant. In this context, I would like to stress the dialogue with the civil society in the implementation of the Armenia-EU CEPA agreement as the civil society is a direct participant in that process and there is still much to be done in that direction.
- What are your current plans?
- The plans are aimed at the strengthening and development of civil society and its role. We will continue our active participation in the current processes in the country. Today the public sector seems to be politicized. Many public figures are eager to enter the political field, and today there are gaps in the public domain. Once again, I would like to emphasize the imperative of civil society's role in impartial, professional and well-balanced work on presenting and realizing the real agenda in the country.
- You mentioned the transformation of the conflicts among priorities. What does that mean?
- Over the years "European Integration" has implemented projects aimed at promoting peace in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, and interacting with three communities, including the European experience of conflict resolution. As to the upcoming projects now, our work will be visible and open, we are ready for cooperation.
The members of our organization's board, including me, are always available.
Meeting with President of the Russian Dance Union Stanislaw Popov
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia: the Air Temperature will Go Down
Millions of Barrels of Iranian Oil Are Piled Up in China’s Ports
"The Authority of Each Officer Should be Much Greater than that of His Epaulettes"- Nikol Pashinyan Meets with Graduates of Military Educational Institutions
Israel Begins Demolishing Palestinian Homes near Separation Wall
Ararat Mirzoyan Meets with Representatives of the Armenian Community of Boston
Cooperation of EU and Armenia Is On the Right Track – Ambassador Świtalski
Armenian Defense Minister Doesn’t See Anything to Worry About Border Situation
U.N. Nuclear Watchdog Chief Amano Dies Aged 72
EU Preps Aid for Ireland to Soften a No-Deal Brexit
Iran Says Breaks up CIA Spy Ring, Some Sentenced to Death
Decrees Appointing Deputy Heads of the Artsakh Republic Investigation Committee
Nepal and India Floods Leave Many Dead
President of Artsakh Attends Final of International Sport Dance Contest-Festival in Stepanakert
Pashinyan: Talented Generals Win Without War
Ukraine Election: Zelensky's Party Set to Win Big in Parliamentary Vote
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Snap Parliamentary Elections Going On Today in Ukraine
Body of Serviceman Found at Military Position
Either President of Constitutional Court Must Step Down or Constitutional Reforms Possible: Lena Nazaryan
RA-EU Partnership Road-Map Hardly Overlaps EEU Regulations
Magnifier: Office of High Commissioner on Diaspora
Charles Aznavour's Love Letters to Be Put Up for Auction
For Who the Ministry of Diaspora was Abolished
Insight From Yerevan: Outcomes of Armenia And Azerbaijan FM Meeting
PM Nikol Pashinyan, Mrs. Anna Hakobyan Arrive in Singapore on Official Visit; They Met with Local and Neighboring Countries’ Armenian Communities
Armenia Won't Go to Unilateral Concessions which Endanger Artsakh’s Security and Right to Self-Determination
Artsakh’s Foreign Ministry Welcome the Adoption of the Amendment to the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) of the US House of Representatives
President of Artsakh Visited the Construction Site of a New Residential Community in Capital Stepanakert
Armenian Speaker of Parliament Meets with President of the House of Representatives of Cyprus Demetris Syllouris
Wind: 14 km/h