Our Plans Will Target Reinforcement of Civil Society And Its Role: Naira Karapetyan, Director of ''European Integration'' NGO
- Mrs. Karapetyan, you wrote on your Facebook page about assuming the position of head of ''European Integration'' NGO.
- In fact, I have been participating in the work of "European Integration" for a long time. I have an extended experience in working with European structures in the parliamentary circles, particularly in the PACE Armenian delegation. The key priorities of the organization are the integration of civil society into the development of small and medium-sized businesses, capacity building of civil society organizations, the European integration, conflict transformation and peace building, the study and application of European experience.
At present, there seems to be a misunderstanding of the European direction, given a number of objective and subjective reasons. Therefore, it is more than important to make European values accessible to our society, at the same time take our national mentality into account.
In addition, the work of European structures is not limited to the contact with the Armenian authorities. The role of non-governmental organizations in the formation of a political agenda is also significant. In this context, I would like to stress the dialogue with the civil society in the implementation of the Armenia-EU CEPA agreement as the civil society is a direct participant in that process and there is still much to be done in that direction.
- What are your current plans?
- The plans are aimed at the strengthening and development of civil society and its role. We will continue our active participation in the current processes in the country. Today the public sector seems to be politicized. Many public figures are eager to enter the political field, and today there are gaps in the public domain. Once again, I would like to emphasize the imperative of civil society's role in impartial, professional and well-balanced work on presenting and realizing the real agenda in the country.
- You mentioned the transformation of the conflicts among priorities. What does that mean?
- Over the years "European Integration" has implemented projects aimed at promoting peace in the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict, and interacting with three communities, including the European experience of conflict resolution. As to the upcoming projects now, our work will be visible and open, we are ready for cooperation.
The members of our organization's board, including me, are always available.
Artsakh President Participated at Harvest Day Trade Fair
Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan Held a Meeting With Members of the USA Delegation
Parliamentary Elections Underway in Poland
1 Dead, 50 Injured as Typhoon Hagibis Makes Landfall on Japan's Izu Peninsula
Bako Sahakyan Held a Meeting in Stepanakert With Members of the Delegation From Canada
Turkey Takes Control of Syria's Ras al-Ayn
More Than Six Million People Advised to Evacuate in Japan
Nikol Pashinyan Holds Phone Talks with Vladimir Putin
Euro 2021: Armenia U21 National Team Celebrates Its Frst Victory
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Bako Sahakyan Receives Russia’s State Duma Member Konstantin Zatulin
Roads in Armenia are Passable: Goris-Kapan Roadway will be Closed for Trucks
Bako Sahakyan Held a Meeting with Members of Belgian, Cypriot and Czech Delegation
Artsakh President Meets with Delegation of the Belgian Francophone Regions
The Participants of the Friends of Artsakh Forum, Which Took Place in Stepanakert Adopted a Concluding Declaration
Establishment of Iraq-Artsakh Friendship Group Proposed
We must find a way of dialogue, compromise, mutual trust and respect between our peoples: Pashinyan
Artsakh’s President Received Defense Minister of Armenia
Conscience and Justice is on Your Side: Russia’s Duma Representative to Artsakh
President Sarkissian Participated at the Photo Exhibition of the Young People Involved in the Homeland Defender Program
I've Heard about Blood-Thirsty Turks since I Was 11: Cher Reminded about Armenian Genocide and Condemned Ankara’s Operations in Syria
Armenia Marks the 28th Anniversary of Independence
Google Changes Doodle to Mark Armenia’s 28th Anniversary of Independence
ANCA thanks Kim Kardashian for raising Armenia's worldwide recognition
Buckingham Palace ‘Displeased’ by Cameron’s Comments about Seeking Queen’s Help during Scottish Referendum
Strategic Military Exercises to be Held on September 24-October 5, Involving Government Agencies and Local Self-Government Organizations
''California Demands Justice for the Murder of 1.5 million Armenians'': California Governor Signs Divestment from Turkish Bonds Act Into Law
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Military Rank of Lieutenant-General Conferred to the Artsakh Defense Minister, Commander of the Defense Army
Comment by Foreign Ministry Spokesperson on Azerbaijani President Ilham Aliyev's Speech at Valdai Discussion Club
Wind: 6 km/h