Armenia’s Exports to EAEU States Grow by Over 20%
The trade turnover between Armenia and the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU) has greatly increased since the country’s membership to the Union, Armenian economy minister Tigran Khachatryan said during parliamentary hearings on Armenia’s chairmanship year in the EAEU. The minister said the export of final consumer goods from Armenia to the EAEU states has also increased. Overall, last year the export grew by 20.7%.
“EAEU has opened great opportunities for Armenia’s economy. We have made some comparisons as of late 2014 (before Armenia’s membership) the quantitative figure of our relations with the member states. And we can state that the trade turnover volumes between Armenia and the other EAEU states has increased by 34.5%. Moreover, in the same period the exports from Armenia to the EAEU states has grown 2.1 times. In 2018 the exports from Armenia to the EAEU states has increased by 20.7%. These exports include final consumption goods”, the minister said.
1.1% in the overall export comprised mining goods. Only 99% comprised goods of reprocessing industry and agriculture. The minister attached importance to these figures which show that goods of Armenian production are competitive and demanded for the consumers of the EAEU member states.
In 2018 alcoholic drinks, diamond, fresh and frozen vegetables, fruits, tobacco, jewelry, pharmaceutics and construction stones have been exported to the EAEU states.
Armenia assumed the EAEU chairmanship on January 1, 2019.
- India-Armenia Pharmaceutical Business Forum-Exhibition to be Held in Yerevan India is the largest supplier of generic medicines in the world, accounting for 20% of global supplies. The country has 3,000 pharmaceutical companies with a strong network of more than 10,500 manufacturing...
- N. Pashinyan: We Have Substantial Drop in Unemployment Since 2nd Quarter of 2019 I am pleased to report that we have a substantial decrease in unemployment since the second quarter of 2019.
- Armenia is in OECD Foreign Direct Investment Regulatory Restrictiveness Index The FDI Index measures statutory restrictions on foreign direct investment in 22 economic sectors across 69 countries, including all OECD and G20 countries.
- Asian Development Bank: Armenia Annual GDP Growth Forecast Moderates According to the report, Armenia’s gross domestic product (GDP) growth moderated from 8.7% year on year in the first half of 2018 to 6.8% in the same period of this year—still robust, reflecting buoyant...
- Armenia PM: If Government Were Subjected to Pressure on Teghut Matter, Over 900 People Would Again Be Unemployed “At the end of July, there was a great deal of uproar that, supposedly, the dam of the tailing dump of the Teghut mine was on the verge of collapse and could collapse at any time,” Pashinyan wrote....
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
U.K. Police Launch Murder Probe after 39 Bodies Found in Truck
President Sarkissian Meets with Speaker of Senate of Uzbekistan in Tokyo
Artsakh Republic President Bako Sahakyan Received Martha Mensoian
Armenian Defense Ministry’s Delegation Departs for Moscow
OSCE Monitoring on the Border of Artsakh and Azerbaijan
Foreign Minister of Artsakh Met with the Delegation of the Armenian Assembly of America
PM Receives Delegation Led by Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes Regional Council President
Armenia, India to Deepen Cooperation in Technology
Grand Swiss: Armenian Chess Players’ Results
"Germany will Continue to Assist Armenia with Reforms" - PM Receives German Ambassador Banzhaf
CISM World Games: Armenian Gymnasts Reach Final
Nairi Hunanyan to Get Response Over his Parole Application Till December 1
Armenia Considers it Inappropriate to Participate in summit of Non-Aligned Movement in Baku
President of Armenia Мet with the President of Estonia
India-Armenia Pharmaceutical Business Forum-Exhibition to be Held in Yerevan
Ministry of Justice Budget Allocation Bid Discussed in Government
Erdogan Says Ready to Resume Turkey’s Operation in Syria
Tusk: No-Deal Brexit will Never Be Our Decision
Nikol Pashinyan Attended the Forest Summit: Global Action and Armenia
I've Heard about Blood-Thirsty Turks since I Was 11: Cher Reminded about Armenian Genocide and Condemned Ankara’s Operations in Syria
Citizens of Syria, Lebanon and Iraq Allowed to Obtain Armenian Passports in Their Countries Till Dec. 31
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Bako Sahakyan Receives Russia’s State Duma Member Konstantin Zatulin
ANCA thanks Kim Kardashian for raising Armenia's worldwide recognition
Kim Kardashian Baptized in Armenia's Etchmiadzin: Christian Name Heghine
''California Demands Justice for the Murder of 1.5 million Armenians'': California Governor Signs Divestment from Turkish Bonds Act Into Law
Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs to Meet Again under Co-Chair Auspices before the End of the Year: OSCE MG Statement
Armenia’s PM Condemns Distortion of History by Azerbaijani President, Describes it As Disrespect Toward Armenia and Heads of CIS Countries
Military Rank of Lieutenant-General Conferred to the Artsakh Defense Minister, Commander of the Defense Army
Wind: 6 km/h