Rouhani: Iran Will Enrich Uranium to 'Any Amount We Want'
Iran’s president warned European partners on Wednesday that Tehran will increase its enrichment of uranium to ''any amount that we want'' beginning on Sunday, putting pressure on them to offer a way around intense U.S. sanctions targeting the country, ''The Washington Post'' reports.
The comments by President Hassan Rouhani come as tensions remain high between Iran and the U.S. over the deal, which President Donald Trump pulled America from over a year ago.
Iran’s nuclear deal currently bars it from enriching uranium above 3.67%, which is enough for nuclear power plants but far below the 90% needed for weapons.
''In any amount that we want, any amount that is required, we will take over 3.67,'' Rouhani said.
''Our advice to Europe and the United States is to go back to logic and to the negotiating table,” Rouhani added. ''Go back to understanding, to respecting the law and resolutions of the U.N. Security Council. Under those conditions, all of us can abide by the nuclear deal.''
- Iran's Nuclear Enrichment at Higher Level than before 2015 Deal: Rouhani Iran has gradually scaled back its commitments under the nuclear deal in retaliation to Washington’s withdrawal from the pact in 2018 and its reimposition of sanctions that have crippled the country’s...
- EU’s Dispute Mechanism "A Strategic Mistake": FM Zarif After the mechanism is implemented, Iran would be given 15 days to resolve the dispute with the three European signatories to the nuclear deal.
- Dispute Resolution Mechanism On Iranian Deal To Be Launched The UK, Germany and France will notify the EU on Tuesday that they are launching a dispute resolution mechanism as part of the implementation of the Iranian deal (JCPOA), Reuters reported referring to...
- Johnson: Let's Do a 'Trump Deal' to Replace the Iran Nuclear Deal British Prime Minister Boris Johnson on Tuesday called on U.S. President Donald Trump to replace the Iranian nuclear deal with his own new agreement.
- Pence: Trump Will Ask European Allies to Withdraw from the Disastrous Iran Nuclear Deal The agreement has been unraveling since Trump pulled the United States from it.
San Francisco Declares Local Emergency Amid Coronavirus
YES Group Will Start Active Campaigning On March 2
Trump Extended For a Year Sanctions Against Russia
The First Case of Coronavirus in Brazil Confirmed
The Newly Appointed Ambassador of Canada Presented the Copy of Her Credentials to the Deputy Foreign Minister of Armenia
The People of Karabakh Have the Right to Freely Determine Their Political Status without Limitations: Armenia's FM
Trump Offers to Mediate Between India And Pakistan
Mikhail Mishustin Appoints Trade Representative to Armenia
Armenian, Russian FMs Discussed Karabakh Conflict
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Croatia Reports The First Case Of Coronavirus Infection
Nikol Pashinyan Is Planning An Official Visit to Moldova
Iranian Deputy Health Minister Says He Has Contracted Coronavirus
Armenian, Russian FMs Hold Meeting in Geneva
Former Egyptian President Hosni Mubarak Dies
Armenia Premier: We Started Brilliant Ecnomic Year
Karabakh Will Never Be Part of Azerbaijan: This Was the Supreme Goal of My Life and Will Follow Me Till the End - Serzh Sargsyan
Bako Sahakyan Receives ARF party Bureau Representative
We are Working on Possible Meeting of Russia, Turkey and Iran, Peskov Says
Death Toll Rises as Violence Continues for Third Day in Delhi
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
Nikol Pashinyan Made A Motion To Grant Armenian Citizenship To A 105-Year Old Italian-Armenian
Wind: 6 km/h