Five Killed, Scores Injured in Iran Magnitude 5.9 Earthquake
A magnitude 5.9 earthquake hit Iran's East Azerbaijan province in the early hours of Friday, killing at least five people and injuring more than 120 others, Press TV reports.
The moderate quake had a depth of eight kilometers and struck near the city of Tark, around 120 kilometers from the provincial capital Tabriz, at 2:17 local time (2247 GMT).
The tremor caused many people to leave their houses and run to the streets in a state of panic.
According to the European-Mediterranean Seismological Center (EMSC), some 20 million people felt the quake across Iran and possibly in neighboring Turkey. The earthquakes' shallow depth amplified the shaking.
Aftershocks ranging between 4.1 to 4.8 in magnitude were reported in neighboring cities.
- Iran’s Rouhani: Iranians Entitled to Protest, Insecurity not Tolerated "I tell our dear people that protesting is different from rioting. Protest is a right for all the people and they can protest…but we must not allow insecurity in the society," the president added.
- Armenia State Revenue Committee, Iran And Georgia Customs Services Sign Document A document on technical requirements of preliminary electronic information system has been signed .
- About 1000 Protesters Detained in Iran According to the source, after the introduction of the gas price change scheme, about 100 banks and 57 stores were set on fire or looted during the protests in the last two days.
- US Backs 'Peaceful Protests' in Iran The unrest erupted on Friday, hours after it was announced that the price of gas would rise to 15,000 rials per litre from 10,000 for the first 60 liters, and to 30,000 rials for any extra fuel bought...
- Iran's President Says new Large Oil Field Found He noted that we have discovered a new large oil field with a reserves of 53 billion barrels.
Aleksander Lapshin Shares Story About "Little Armenia in Jordan"
U.S. Deploying Troops to Saudi Arabia
Movses Hakobyan Appointed Head of MOD Military Oversight Service
Armen Grigoryan to Attend 7th Meeting of Secretaries of CIS Security Councils
PM Meets with Leading Russian Media Representatives
Zatulin: Nagorno-Karabakh's Right to Self-Determination and Independence From Azerbaijan Must be Acknowledged
UAE Flag in Armenia Lowered on Occasion of Death of President's Brother
Lebanon’s Aoun: Binding Parliamentary Consultations to Start after End of Contacts with Political Leaders
Pompeo: US No Longer Considers Israeli Settlements Illegal
Prime Minister to Pay Official Visit to Italy
Armenia official: Even if Natural Gas Price Changes as of January 1, it Will not Affect Consumers
Prospects on Launching Armenia-EU Visa Liberalization Dialogue Discussed in Spain
Armenian President Meets Qatari PM in Doha
President Sarkissian Meets With Armenian Community Representatives in Qatar
Erdogan Tells Trump Turkey Can’t Abandon S-400 Purchase
RA Prime Minister, World Customs Organization Secretary General Discuss Cooperation Prospects
"Government will Make Principled, Decisive and Consistent Changes in the Field of Education and Science": Nikol Pashinyan
Fixed-Term Serviceman Wounded in Artsakh
New Cooperation Bridge to Open Between Armenian and Israeli IT Companies
Meghri Border Checkpoint to Be Upgraded
I Cannot Stop Cursing the Genocide Committed against Armenians: Fethullah Gulen's Letter Addressed to the Armenian Patriarch of Constantinople Was Found
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Armenian Genocide Resolution scheduled for a vote in US House of Representatives
Kim Kardashian Expects US House of Representatives Would Recognize Armenian Genocide
Only Turkish parliament can heal Armenian people’s wounds, says Garo Paylan
Reception at the Embassy of the Republic of Armenia to the USA in Honor of the Artsakh Republic Delegation
Two Armenian Priests Shot Dead by Terrorists in Syria
Nikol Pashinyan: “Making Real Changes for the Sake of Humans, the State and the Church Has Been My Mission”
Erdogan Demands US Hand Over SDF Chief to Turkey
Lori is a Splendid Textbook for Learning About our Native Land, While Vanadzor is One of its Most Significant and Beautiful Pages. Armen Sarkissian
Wind: 4 km/h