Iran’s Rouhani: Iranians Entitled to Protest, Insecurity not Tolerated
Iranian President Hassan Rouhani says Iran recognizes people’s right to hold protests against a recent government decision to ration gasoline, however, nobody will be allowed to spread insecurity, Press TV reported.
"After implementing this plan, we saw that some people took to the streets to protest. I believe that it is natural when the administration implements a plan and not everyone agrees to it. Some people may be opposed [to that plan] and they have the right to give voice to their opposition," Iran's president said. "What the government has done was in accordance with the law…We act on the basis of the law and what we finalized was agreed upon by the heads of the three branches of the government."
"I tell our dear people that protesting is different from rioting. Protest is a right for all the people and they can protest…but we must not allow insecurity in the society," the president added.
He also welcomed the efforts made of the Intelligence Ministry, the police force, the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) and the Armed Forces of Iran to identify the main actors behind the acts of vandalism.
Outlining the reasons for the government’s decision, Rouhani said that raising gas prices would not bring any benefits to the government, but rather serve the interests of the Iranian people.
The new measure, he added, will lead to lower gasoline consumption and help the country maintain its independence in gasoline production.
Last Thursday, National Iranian Oil Refining and Distribution Company (NIORDC said that the price per liter of regular gasoline rose to 15,000 rials (12.7 US cents) from 10,000 rials, and a limit of 60 liters per month was set for each private car. Additional purchases will cost 30,000 riyals per liter.
- Iran Won’t Tolerate any Border Change in Region – Chief of General Staff "We do not seek conflicts and wars, but we do not remain silent when it is necessary to resist them", he said.
- Any Change of Internationally Recognized Borders in Region is Unacceptable – Iranian President to Erdogan "The basis of our policy in the region is that the fates of the countries must be determined by themselves and that their national sovereignty and territorial integrity must be respected" Raisi told Erdogan...
- Iran Signs Memorandum on Commitments in SCO A memorandum on Iran's commitments to the SCO was signed today. This paves the way for the country to become a full member of the SCO, the Foreign Ministry spokesman said on the sidelines of the summit.
- Geopolitical Change in Region is Unacceptable – Says Iran The FM stated that "any region's geopolitical change is a red line and unacceptable."
- Iranian Deputy Defense Minister Arrives In Azerbaijan In the exhibition, Iran has showcased some of its defense industry capabilities in the fields of ground-, air-, and sea combat and a number of new systems in the fields of electro-magnetics, telecommunications,...
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia, the U.S. State Secretary and the Foreign Minister of Azerbaijan
Ukrainian President Zelensky invokes decree on impossibility of holding talks with Putin
I highly appreciate the efforts of the United States for assisting to return our 17 POW’s: Pashinyan
Azerbaijan returns 17 Armenian POWs to the Armenian side with the mediation of the USA
Azerbaijani special services spread false rumors: NSS of Artsakh
Azerbaijan seeks to have a corridor toward Nakhijevan out of Armenian’s control: Iranian official
Cyprus Strongly Condemns Executions of Armenian POWs by Azeri Troops
Ararat Mirzoyan Meet With the IAEA Director General Rafael Mariano Grossi
Greece Strongly Condemns Execution of Armenian POWs by Azerbaijani Forces
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
Ensuring Armenia’s security is among Russia’s priorities, says Ambassador Kopyrkin
Armenian Prime Minister Receives IAEA Director General
UNCTAD Warns of Policy-Induced Global Recession
Parliament Majority Leader Calls on US Congressmen to Continue Pressuring Azerbaijan to Suppress Aggression
Artsakh President Offers Ruben Vardanyan to Become State Minister
Catholicos Garegin II to hold separate discussions with former presidents of Armenia and Artsakh
NA President’s Statement on Resignation Letter of RA NA Deputy Vahagn Hovakimyan
France Calls for Releasing all Armenian Prisoners Who are Still Detained
National Assembly Begins Work of Regular Sittings
"Perpetrators of Violence Must be Held to Account" – Canadian FM
Azerbaijan Returns Five POWs to Armenian Side
Azeri Propaganda Spreads Fake Videos, Old Gootage From 2020 War
Mutual recognition of territorial integrity must be basis of peace treaty: Pashinyan
EU Condemns Russian Annexation, will Never Accept "Illegal" Referendums
Meeting of Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Iran
Erdogan and Pashinyan may meet soon: Rubinyan
Zelensky says ready for dialogue with Russia, but not with Putin
Armenia’s Security Council Secretary holds meetings at CIA headquarters
Pashinyan Meets with UN Secretary General António Guterres
Latest Events on Armenian-Azerbaijani Border Have Nothing to Do with Karabakh: Putin
Wind: 3.09 km/h