WSO Secretary General: Armenia Is a Leader in Region on Standardization of Customs Data
The customs service is always criticized in case of difficulties at the border, however, this is often due to infrastructure problems, and some of them can be solved through the introduction of digital technologies and a single-window system, in which Armenia has succeeded, said Secretary General of the World Customs Organization Kunio Mikuriya News.am reports.
His remarks came on Monday at the international conference on digital solutions for cross-border cooperation and trade facilitation.
According to him, digital technologies are especially important for landlocked countries, including Armenia, both in terms of enhancing trade and economic relations, and in terms of risk management, which is also recorded in international conventions.
As he noted, this agenda has three directions: the interaction of customs services of different countries, customs services and other government departments, customs services and business.
According to him, digitization of interaction is of particular importance in terms of facilitating the control functions of the state at the border, which ensures transparency and predictability of the goods movement.
- Government Returned 180 Billion AMD in Working Capital to Businesses in 1,5 Years - PM "In other words, within one and a half year the government returned 180 billion AMD in working capital to the business. The process continues, including in the form of VAT debt returns", the PM said.
- German KfW Bank, Armenian Cenbank sign €60,000,000 Loan Deals The deal was signed in Vienna during a session of a board of the German-Armenian Fund (which functions with participation of KfW).
- PM: State Budget of Armenia Exceeds by AMD 89 Billion in 2019 "If the statistics were incorrect or invented, then this money would not exist. The question would be, where did they come and from then? " Pashinyan noted.
- 7th Annual Business Innovation Forum Kicks off in Armenia’s Dilijan The BIF is a platform where the leading practices of innovation development are presented, practical discussions are held, and future action plans are developed.
- Fitch Upgrades Armenia to 'BB-'; Outlook Stable According to the organization, Armenia's institutions have facilitated a peaceful and orderly political transition and could strengthen further through structural reforms.
Dutch House of Representatives Ratifies Armenia-European Union Agreement
Armenia to Have Customs Attaché at Upper Lars
Algerians are Choosing a New President in Contentious Poll
Bako Sahakyan Signed Laws
US Imposes New Sanctions on Iran's Biggest Airline
Armenian Letter Art Inscribed in the UNESCO Representative List of the Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity
President Sarkissian Had a Phone Conversation with the Catholicos of the Great House of Cilicia Aram I
Israel to Hold March 2 Election, Its Third in Less Than a Year
Trump Signs Executive Order Targeting Anti-Semitism on College Campuses
WFA Signs Mmemorandum of Cooperation with Arab Wrestling Federation
Roadways in RA are Mainly Passable
Greta Thunberg Named Time Person of the Year For 2019
Patriarch-Elect Sahak Mashalian Addressed the Armenian Community of Istanbul
President Sarkissian Hosts UNICEF Armenia Team Representatives
No Breakthrough in Russia-US Relations: Peskov
Armenia PM's New Year Message to Be Broadcast Live from Yerevan Republic Square
President of Artsakh Convoked a Working Consultation around a Number of Issues on the Activities of Transport Police
Trump's Meeting with Lavrov "Important' But Not a Sign of Thaw in US-Russia Relations, Kremlin Says
Israeli Lawmakers Expedite Bill to Dissolve the 22nd Knesset
Bishop Sahak Mashalian Elected 85th Armenian Patriarch of Constantinople
"You and Erdogan Brought ISIS": Cher Comments on Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Komitas Statue to Be Unveiled in Front of Istanbul’s Armenian Patriarchate
Pope Francis Refers to Murder of Armenian Priest in Syria
Artsakh Republic President Participated in the Opening Ceremony of the Library-Reading Hall of the "Matenadaran-Gandzasar" Scientific-Cultural Center
Revolution Turns into Ashes when the Given Promise Isn't Kept: Aram I Catholicos
Artsakh Republic President Held a Working Consultation with the Representatives of the Askeran Regional Administration and Community Heads
Impression is As if Authorities Want Quicker Settlement of Artsakh Issue to Live Freely: Vazgen Manukyan
December 10: Artsakh People Voted for Independence
Statement by MFA of Armenia Regarding the Statements by the President of Turkey on Armenian Genocide Made in the United States
Azerbaijan Violated the Ceasefire Regime on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan Border around 140 Times in One Week
Wind: 3 km/h