Iran Says Pro-Government Rally to Show who 'Real' Iranians are
A pro-government rally planned in Tehran on Monday will show the world who the "real" Iranians are, Iran’s Foreign Ministry said, voicing surprise over foreign statements of support for protesters angered by a decision to hike gasoline prices, Reuters reports.
The protests grew into a wave of anti-government unrest that saw at least 100 banks and dozens of buildings torched in the worst violence at least since Iran put down a "Green Revolution" in 2009, when dozens were killed over several months.
Iran has blamed "thugs" linked to exiles and foreign foes - the United States, Israel and Saudi Arabia - for stirring up the street unrest.
After days of state-sponsored marches in dozens of cities to condemn the unrest, Iran is holding a pro-government rally in the capital to be addressed by the commander of the elite Revolutionary Guards, which helped quell the unrest.
"I recommend they (foreign countries) look at the marches today, to see who the real people in Iran are and what they are saying," Foreign Ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi said in remarks carried by state television.
"We are surprised that the foreign minister of a certain country has stooped so low as to ask for videos of bank-burnings ... be sent to them," Mousavi said.
"We recognize the right to peaceful assembly...But the situation is different for rioters ... and groups which take direction (from abroad) and are armed."
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo asked Iranian protesters on Twitter last week to send the United States any photos or videos of the crackdown of protests. "The United States will publicize and condemn the persecution of protesters," he said.
The French government said on Wednesday it was deeply concerned by reports of many deaths during protests in Iran and called on Tehran to respect its international human rights duties.
Rights group Amnesty International said last week that security forces shot into crowds of protesters from rooftops and, in one case, from a helicopter.
- Trump Rejected Iran's Proposal To Lift Sanctions U.S. President Donald Trump rejected Iran's proposal to lift sanctions against Tehran Saturday.
- 11 US troops Wounded in Last Week's Iran Attack on Iraq Base President Trump and U.S. officials had said earlier that no Americans were killed or injured in the Jan. 8 attack.
- Iran will not Sign "Trump Deal" Amending JCPOA In his address to the nation on January 8, US President Donald Trump said that members of the JCPOA "must all work together toward making a deal with Iran that makes the world a safer and more peaceful...
- Iran’s Rouhani Apologizes for Delayed Plane Crash Admission He added that "the steps Iran has taken (to reduce its commitments under the nuclear deal - TASS) are reversible and all of its activities are being carried out under the supervision of the IAEA."
- Video Shows Two Iranian Missiles Hit Ukrainian Plane The New York Times has verified security camera footage on Tuesday that shows, for the first time, that two missiles hit Ukraine International Airlines Flight 752 on Jan. 8. The missiles were launched...
Henrikh Mkhitaryan is the Player of the Year in Armenia
Serzh Sargsyan Indictment Approved and Sent to Court
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Vardan Minasyan Wins Armenian Coach of the Year Award
Turkish Foreign Ministry Called on US not to Release Hampig Sassounian
Meeting of Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs Kicks off in Geneva
Pentagon Now Says 50 service Members Suffered Brain Injuries from Iran Attack
'Will not Pass': Palestinian Leader Abbas Rejects Trump's Plan
Some Roads in Armenia are Difficult to Pass
Armenia's FM Met with OSCE Minsk Group co-Chairs
President of Artsakh Receives Chief of General Staff of Armenian Armed Forces
Karabakh Army Soldier Gets Wounded
Ex-NSS Head Committed Suicide on “Very Personal” Motive, Next-of-Kin Demands Privacy
PM Pashinyan Meets US Ambassador and Kansas Adjutant-General
Armenia 3rd President on PM's Statement
PM Pashinyan Surprises Artsakh Troops at Apartment Donation Event
Our Homeland is the Territory Behind our Soldier who Stands on the Border: PM Pashinyan
President of Artsakh Visits Stepanakert Memorial Complex
French Police Clear out Migrants Again from North Paris Site
Turkish Military Convoy Crosses Syria Border, Heads to Southern Idlib - TV
Homemade Armenian Baklava: Kourtney Kardashian's Post Angers Turks
Armenia, Artsakh and the World Around: What the Stars Say
Among His Respective Achievements Alexis Ohanian Mentioned the Visit to Armenia
A. Gundjian, K. Sarkissian Named Members of Order of Canada by Governor-General Julie Payette
For the First Time Ever Istanbul's Mayor Issues a Condolence Note on the Day of the Assassination of Hrant Dink
Nikol Pashinyan Addresses Congratulatory Message to Armenian People From Republican Square (PHOTOS)
The Hill: Armenian Church of Iran Included in Trump's List which He Threatened to Target
The Biggest Fashion Trends to Wear for Spring/Summer 2020
Nikol Pashinyan, Anna Hakobyan and Catholicos of All Armenians Vsit Army Unit Ahead of Holiday Season (PHOTOS)
Georgi Kutoyan Left for His Apartment on Paruyr Sevak Street Telling Family Members About his Intention to Rest for 2-3 Days: IC Unveils Details
Wind: 3 km/h