Ukrainian Foreign Minister Says Normandy Summit's Draft Document "Not Very Ambitious"
The document that will be made public after the Normandy Four (Russia, France, Germany, Ukraine) summit will not include any ambitious objectives, Ukrainian Foreign Minister Vadim Pristayko said on Tuesday on the sidelines of the NATO Engages conference in London, TASS reports.
"To tell you the truth, the document is not very ambitious, but rather very cautious. At the moment, the document envisages emphasizing the achivements," the Evropeyskaya Pravada newspaper quoted Pristayko as saying.
He added that the draft document was approved by the advisors to the leaders of the four countries on September 2. "The leaders note successful disengagement of forces in three areas and propose to determine more areas for further disengagement. The leaders note successful prisoner exchange that took place and propose to speed up work on the next stage of exchange, including on the 'all for all' basis. Furthermore, the leaders want to determine the areas for demining, and so on," the foreign minister noted.
"In other words, the document is very brief, and the draft states at the end that the leaders task their negotiations teams with continuing to prepare the following initiatives. Those are very general phrases, which will turn into a document only after the summit," he added.
Pristayko stressed that the decisions made at the summit will not change the Minsk Agreements. "It will not be Minsk-3," he said.
The Normandy Four summit will take place in Paris on December 9.
- Macron, Scholz and Draghi arrive in Kyiv for Historic Visit This is a message of European unity addressed to Ukrainian men and women, of support.
- EU Prolongs Sanctions against Russia for One Year On June 11, ambassadors of EU member states agreed to prolong restrictive measures against Russia on Crimea. The decision is formalized by a "written procedure" without discussion.
- Ukrainian President Zelensky Extends Ban on Russian Social Networks Sanctions were imposed on several TV channels and Internet companies, including 1C, ABBYY and their Ukrainian subsidiaries. In addition, Russia’s VKontakte and Odnoklassniki social networks, Mail.ru...
- Zelensky Calls Extra NSDC Meeting On Situation In Donbas President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky has called a meeting of the National Security and Defense Council (NSDC) to decide on Ukraine’s further steps following the enemy attack on the positions of the...
- Next Normandy Summit to be Held in Four Months, Macron Says "We are confident that this work on restoring peace and trust is very important," he stressed. Macron noted the significance of the discussion that "has finally been held seriously in the last three years.".
The regular session of the Anti-corruption Policy Council takes place in Jermuk
The Prime Minister sends congratulatory messages to the supreme leader of Iran and the President of Iran
Armenia sends earthquake aid to Turkey
Commemoration of the Pontiff St. Sahak Partev
Some roads are closed and difficult to pass in Armenia
Phone conversation of the Foreign Minister of Armenia with the U.S. Assistant Secretary of State for European and Eurasian Affairs
Prime Minister Pashinyan and President Khachaturyan meet
Ararat Mirzoyan with Co-Chairman of the OSCE Minsk Group of France Brice Roquefeuil
Humans could land on Mars within 10 years, Musk predicts
France, US urge 'immediate' end to Nagorno Karabakh blockade
Blockaded Nagorno Karabakh launches fundraiser to support quake-hit Syria
Earthquake death toll in Turkey rises to 18,342
Ararat Mirzoyan Held a Telephone Conversation with Sergey Lavrov
French president rules out fighter jet supplies to Ukraine in near future
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
President Vahagn Khachaturyan wrote a note in the book of condolences opened in the Embassy of Syria in Armenia
Azerbaijan’s provocations impede establishment of peace and stability – Armenian FM tells Russian Co-Chair of OSCE MG
France representation to OSCE: Paris calls on Azerbaijan to restore freedom of movement through Lachin corridor
Command of Kosovo forces highly appreciated preparation of Armenian peacekeepers
The United States withdrew from sanctions against Syria for six months the provision of assistance after the earthquake
Wind: 0.51 km/h