Ukrainian Foreign Minister Says Normandy Summit's Draft Document "Not Very Ambitious"
The document that will be made public after the Normandy Four (Russia, France, Germany, Ukraine) summit will not include any ambitious objectives, Ukrainian Foreign Minister Vadim Pristayko said on Tuesday on the sidelines of the NATO Engages conference in London, TASS reports.
"To tell you the truth, the document is not very ambitious, but rather very cautious. At the moment, the document envisages emphasizing the achivements," the Evropeyskaya Pravada newspaper quoted Pristayko as saying.
He added that the draft document was approved by the advisors to the leaders of the four countries on September 2. "The leaders note successful disengagement of forces in three areas and propose to determine more areas for further disengagement. The leaders note successful prisoner exchange that took place and propose to speed up work on the next stage of exchange, including on the 'all for all' basis. Furthermore, the leaders want to determine the areas for demining, and so on," the foreign minister noted.
"In other words, the document is very brief, and the draft states at the end that the leaders task their negotiations teams with continuing to prepare the following initiatives. Those are very general phrases, which will turn into a document only after the summit," he added.
Pristayko stressed that the decisions made at the summit will not change the Minsk Agreements. "It will not be Minsk-3," he said.
The Normandy Four summit will take place in Paris on December 9.
- EU Prolongs Sanctions against Russia for One Year On June 11, ambassadors of EU member states agreed to prolong restrictive measures against Russia on Crimea. The decision is formalized by a "written procedure" without discussion.
- Ukrainian President Zelensky Extends Ban on Russian Social Networks Sanctions were imposed on several TV channels and Internet companies, including 1C, ABBYY and their Ukrainian subsidiaries. In addition, Russia’s VKontakte and Odnoklassniki social networks, Mail.ru...
- Zelensky Calls Extra NSDC Meeting On Situation In Donbas President of Ukraine Volodymyr Zelensky has called a meeting of the National Security and Defense Council (NSDC) to decide on Ukraine’s further steps following the enemy attack on the positions of the...
- Next Normandy Summit to be Held in Four Months, Macron Says "We are confident that this work on restoring peace and trust is very important," he stressed. Macron noted the significance of the discussion that "has finally been held seriously in the last three years.".
- Putin Discusses Syria, Ukraine with Merkel, Macron Special attention was paid to the prospects of establishing and launching the Constitutional Committee, including in view of the agreements reached at the quadrilateral (Russia-Turkey-Germany-France) summit...
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Pope Francis ‘Pained’ by Decision to Turn Hagia Sophia Into Mosque
Armenia Records 31969 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Comment by the Spokesperson of the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on Changing the Status of Hagia Sophia by the Decision of the Turkish Authorities
Armenian High-Tech Industry Minister and US Envoy Discuss Cooperation Issues
The new Stepanakert Substation of 110/35/10 kW Capability Will Be Put Into Commission in 2021
Armenia Presents 2nd UN SDGs Voluntary National Review Report
Emergency Situation is Extended in Artsakh
Defense Army Denies Azerbaijani Media Report
Azerbaijan Made Over 150 Ceasefire Violations at Artsakh Line of Contact
Resident Sarkissian Visits Gandzasar Monastery in Artsakh (Video)
Artsakh President: Turkish Authorities Reaffirm their Xenophobic Behavior Towards Civilizations
Erdogan Calls on Everyone to Respect Turkey's Decision
Armenia Records 31392 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Commemoration of Christ’s twelve Apostles and Thirteenth Apostle - St. Paul
Artsakh Republic President Met with Armenian Former Defense Minister
US House Panel Implicitly Backs Artsakh Aid
Garo Paylan on Turkish Government's Decision to Convert Hagia Sophia into Mosque
Armenia’s President Met with Artsakh's Ex-President
PM Addresses Security Council with a Message on National Security Strategy
Ancient Armenian Church Surfaces from under Lake Van
Armenia’s Government Should Oppose Turkey Attempts to Take Over Armenian Properties in Jerusalem
Turkey Drew Up Plans to Invade Greece and Armenia: Jerusalem Post
Anouch Toraninan Elected Head of 15th Arrondissement of Paris
Government Approves 22nd Anti-Crisis Program: Unemployed Citizens to Receive Lump-Sum Assistance at the Rate of the Minimum Wage
Comment by the Spokesperson of the MFA of Armenia Anna Naghdalyan on the Remarks of the President of Azerbaijan During the Opening on N Military Unit
The Authorities of the Republic of Artsakh Confirm Their Determination to Seek the Restoration of the Territorial Integrity of the Republic: Artsakh MFA
Armenia PM: Constitutional Court President will be Dismissed, Powers of CC Members will Terminate in a Few Hours
Armenian Woman is Elected Mayor of France’s Strasbourg
President of Artsakh: the Armenian Armed Forces are the Real Restraining Measure of the Aggressive Behavior of the Adversary’s Military-Political Leadership
Wind: 8 km/h