Iran’s Judiciary Threatens to Expel UK Ambassador
Iran’s judiciary said it considered the UK ambassador to Tehran "persona non grata" for alleged participation in anti-government protests, escalating diplomatic tensions between the two countries, Financial Times reports.
Gholam-Hossein Esmaili, the spokesman for Iran’s judiciary, said Rob Macaire had played a "provocative role" in recent protests, when he attended a vigil at the weekend for passengers killed in the downing of a passenger jet last week.
"It is not acceptable for us to see that the British ambassador went outside the embassy and took part in an illegal gathering, filmed it and had a provocative role in its continuation," Mr Esmaili told reporters in Iran on Tuesday. "This person is persona non grata . . . while people’s expectations and international regulations necessitate his expulsion."
Mr Esmaili said the final decision over Mr Macaire’s expulsion — the expected diplomatic outcome for a person deemed persona non grata — would be taken by Iran’s foreign ministry.
- MFA: 35 Armenia Citizens Applied to Tehran Embassy Due to Spread of Coronavirus in Iran She added that the embassy is in constant contact with the Armenian citizens, and is taking all necessary steps to promptly address the issues raised by Armenian citizens.
- Iran Coronavirus Death Toll Reaches 12 The fatalities have been recorded in the provinces of Qom, Markazi and Mazandaran.
- Iran Records 5th Coronavirus Death Iran’s Health Ministry announced that 8oo people have applied to hospitals and they are under the supervision of doctors. The number of coronavirus-infected people in Iran is 28.
- Ara Shahverdyan, Robert Beglaryan Elected Members of Iranian Parliament The parliamentary elections in Ira took place on February 21. The number of eligible voters in Iran is nearly 58,000,000.
- Armenian Embassy in Iran Urges Armenia Nationals to Stay in Touch The Armenian nationals can send a message to Armenian embassy's Facebook or contact the embassy via phones +98(21)66704833 // +98(21)66760509, +989121051639 or an e-mail [email protected]
Three Ex-Premiers to Apply to Court for Changing Robert Kocharyan’s Preventive Measure Under Their Personal Guarantees
Armenia Constitutional Court President Has Filed a Lawsuit against Prime Minister
Car Drives Into German Carnival Parade
PM Introduced to Investment Support Center’s Activities
Armenian-Azerbaijani Top-Level Meetings on Karabakh 'Signal Positive Developments': Miroslav Lajčák
Ararat Mirzoyan Receives President of Parliament of Republic of Moldova Arrived in Armenia on an Official Visit
Nikol Pashinyan Congratulates Estonia’s Prime Minister on Independence Day
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Departs For Geneva
Government Decides to Close Land Border and Communication with Iran, with Some Exceptions
Bako Sahakyan Chairs Working Consultation in Askeran Regional Center
Anti-Trust Regulator Calls on Businesses to Refrain from Increasing Medical Protective Mask Prices
Jalal Haroutyunyan Appointed Defense Minister, Commander of the Defense Army
Azerbaijan's Reports on Sabotage are Total Disinformation and "Fairytales"- Artsrun Hovhannisyan
MFA: 35 Armenia Citizens Applied to Tehran Embassy Due to Spread of Coronavirus in Iran
Armenian FM says Artsakh People’s Right to Self-Determination was, Remains on Settlement Agenda
Iran Coronavirus Death Toll Reaches 12
We do Not Have Any Coronavirus Infection Case in Armenia- Pashinyan
Slovakia FM Visits Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan
Roads in Armenia are Mainly Passable
Because of the Armenian Genocide Azerbaijani-Turkish Designer Says He Will Never Make a Dress for Kim Kardashian
The King of Jordan: “The Saint Karapet Armenian Apostolic Church in Jordan is the Testament to the Enduring Armenian History in our Country”
Death to Armenia: Pan-Turkic Fascists in Iran Attemted to Play an Armenophobic Trick
The Jewish Press: Turkey Working to Take Over Armenian Quarter in Jerusalem’s Old City
Turkey's First Professional Boxer Garbis Zakaryan Dies at 90
Syrian-Armenian Soldier Killed in Idlib During Firefight with Terrorists
The people of Artsakh have never participated in the elections of Azerbaijan either now, or throughout the entire history of the Republic of Azerbaijan: Anna Naghdalyan
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
Garbis Zakaryan - Turkey's First Professional Boxer
‘That Day Solidified Our Unity’: Congratulatory Message of President Armen Sarkissian on the Occasion of Artsakh’s Revival Day
Wind: 7 km/h