Ara Shahverdyan, Robert Beglaryan Elected Members of Iranian Parliament
Two Iranian-Armenians, Ara Shahverdyan and Robert Beglaryan, have been elected members of the parliament (Majles) of Iran, Raffi Pirumian, head of the campaign office of Ara Shahverdyan told ARMENPRESS.
"4 Armenian candidates were running for parliament in the northern part – Ara Shahverdyan, Albert Poghosyan, Aris Shahbazyan and Sevan Sohrayi. Ara Shahverdyan received nearly 66% of the votes", he said, adding that Robert Beglaryan won the election in the northern part, where Emin Hovsep was the 2nd candidate.
The parliamentary elections in Ira took place on February 21. The number of eligible voters in Iran is nearly 58,000,000. The Iranian parliament has 290 seats, 5 of which are allocated to religious minorities.
- Armenian PM, Iranian President hold talks in Tehran In Tehran, the Armenian prime minister is to hold talks with the Iranian president on regional and bilateral issues, attend a signing ceremony on bilateral cooperation and hold a joint press briefing.
- Germany restricts visas for Iranian passport holders Earlier the German Foreign Ministry warned citizens against traveling to Iran.
- Iran to hold large-scale military exercises near Azerbaijani border "In the coming days, the massive exercise dubbed "Eghtedar/Power" of the IRGC ground forces will be held at the northern borders of the country at the Aras region by the regional IRGC Ashura military base,"...
- Iran reiterates stance on inviolability of Armenian borders The Iranian Foreign Minister once again reiterated the position of our friendly state regarding the inviolability of Armenia’s borders. Numerous issues of the bilateral agenda were discussed
- Russia, Iran and China to conduct joint exercises in Indian Ocean The sides will soon hold joint naval exercises in the northern Indian Ocean with the participation of China, Russia and other countries in order to create stable security and increase combat readiness,...
Pope Francis vows to visit both Kiev and Moscow, if he travels
Two soldiers wounded as Azerbaijan violates ceasefire: Artsakh MoD
Azerbaijan hands over bodies of 13 soldiers to Armenia
Arayik Harutyunyan convened a working consultation
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
Armenian Defense Minister chairs consultation
Prime Minister Pashinyan sends congratulatory message to the Prime Minister of Albania
Strong political will needed by Azerbaijan and Armenia to achieve comprehensive settlement: EU
All participants are seeking to achieve peace in the region, the signing of a peace treaty, legal registration of existing borders, unblocking of transport connections: Zas
Ilham Aliyev received U.S. State Department's Senior Advisor for Caucasus Negotiations
Russia, U.S. have ways to manage nuclear risks - RIA cites U.S. diplomat
Armenian President congratulates Albanian counterpart on Independence Day
UK military aid to Ukraine may increase in 2023
Artsakh forces deny shoiting at Azerbaijani positions
Azerbaijani troops open fire at Armenian positions
There are difficult to pass and closed roadways in Armenia
PM Pashinyan, together with his wife, attends the charity concert in support of the soldiers being treated at the Soldier's Home
Stanislav Zas: CSTO proposed several measures to help Armenia
The Ministry of Defence of Azerbaijan has spread disinformation
Attempts to disintegrate CSTO will continue, Kremlin spokesman warns
The Prime Minister leaves for Tunisia on a working visit
Azerbaijan's attempts to abolish the status of Artsakh as a party to the conflict is unacceptable: Artsakh MFA
Putin to attend CSTO summit in Armenia next week, Kremlin confirms
Putin and Erdogan discuss details of creating a gas hub in Turkey: Kremlin
Azerbaijan’s defense ministry spreads another misinformation: MoD Armenia
Nikol Pashinyan and Charles Michel meet in Djerba
Russia bars entry to 200 US citizens: Russian Foreign Ministry
Armenian Security Council Secretary and Indian PM's Advisor discuss security cooperation
Azerbaijan carries out tactical maneuvers
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Wind: 0 km/h