Ara Shahverdyan, Robert Beglaryan Elected Members of Iranian Parliament
Two Iranian-Armenians, Ara Shahverdyan and Robert Beglaryan, have been elected members of the parliament (Majles) of Iran, Raffi Pirumian, head of the campaign office of Ara Shahverdyan told ARMENPRESS.
"4 Armenian candidates were running for parliament in the northern part – Ara Shahverdyan, Albert Poghosyan, Aris Shahbazyan and Sevan Sohrayi. Ara Shahverdyan received nearly 66% of the votes", he said, adding that Robert Beglaryan won the election in the northern part, where Emin Hovsep was the 2nd candidate.
The parliamentary elections in Ira took place on February 21. The number of eligible voters in Iran is nearly 58,000,000. The Iranian parliament has 290 seats, 5 of which are allocated to religious minorities.
- Russia, Iran Developing Alternative to SWIFT Both countries are facing severe Western sanctions, making settlements in trade through SWIFT difficult or impossible.
- Iran to Overhaul and Maintain Russian Aircraft Iranian and Russian officials at the meeting stressed the need to intensify bilateral cooperation in air transport, he said.
- Iran and Russia Exclude Dollar from Trade Between Countries Noting that the policy of good neighborliness is a priority of Iran's foreign policy, Khandouzi said that Putin's visit to Tehran is in line with the implementation of the agreements reached during President...
- Iran Will Keep IAEA Cameras Turned off until Nuclear Deal is Restored Tehran recently suggested it could still return to compliance if a new deal is struck, but it has insisted Washington must move first.
- Iran Will Oppose Any Policy to Block its Border with Armenia – Supreme Leader "If there is a policy to block the border between Iran and Armenia, Iran will oppose it as this border is a years-old corridor", he said.
2 of 19 Injured Armenian Servicemen Discharged from Hospital
PM Pashinyan Holds Phone Talk with Vladimir Putin
Men's Chess Team of Armenia defeats Azerbaijan: Olympiad
Tense Operational Situation Created in Armenian-Iranian State Border: Border Guard Department of FSS of Russia
China Calls on Armenia, Azerbaijan to "Avoid Escalating Situation"
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armenia Denies Shooting at Azerbaijani Positions
Artsakh MOD: Azerbaijan Again Violated Ceasefire in Some Directions
What Makes Tunisia an Attractive Place for Tourists?
Iran’s Political Doctrine Has No Place for Nuclear Weapons: Foreign Minister
Two Ships Permitted to Leave Ukrainian Ports on Monday: UN
The Two-Day Session of the Economic Policy Council Inspires Optimism that We are on the Right Track: PM Pashinyan
Armenian Soldier Wounded in Azerbaijani Shooting
Situation Relatively Stable: Artsakh MoD Reports Ceasefire Violation in Some Areas
The Work of the Session of the Economic Policy Council Under the Prime Minister has Started in Dilijan
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
I Strongly Condemn Azerbaijan’s Use of Military Pressure Against Artsakh- Congressman Brenda Lawrence
It Is Necessary to Hold the Aliyev Regime Accountable For the Attacks on Artsakh- US Congressman
Azerbaijan Violated Ceasefire in Some Sections, Artsakh Says
The Armenian Side Conveyed Proposals Regarding the Activities of the Peacekeepers to the Russian Leadership in 2021: MFA
Asatour Sarafian, the Inventor of Automatic Transmission For Automobiles
Russia Supports Normalization of Armenia-Turkey Relations: Zakharova
Azerbaijani Special Services Continue Hacking Armenian Accounts of Facebook – NSS Artsakh
EU Will Not Recognise Passports Distributed By Russia To Ukrainians: Josep Borrell
Faith, Patriotism, Professionalism are Among Effective Mechanisms for Fighting Eternal Enemies: David Babayan
Armenian Film Producer Armen Grigoryan Dies In Courtroom
Edvard Asryan Appointed Chef of Staff of Armenia’s Armed Forces
Armenian PM Receives Participants of 2022 Golden Apricot Yerevan International Film Festival
Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs to Meet in Tbilisi
Prime Minister Pashinyan Receives US CIA Director William Burns
Wind: 8.23 km/h