Central Bank Forecasts 0.7% Economic Growth in Armenia for 2020
As per the Central Bank of Armenia (CBA), the spread of coronavirus and the measures being taken against it will significantly reduce economic activity in 2020.
According to CBA projections, by the economic growth in Armenia will make 0.7% in 2020. This is stated in a document published on the bank’s website.
At the end of last year, the CBA had forecast 5.3% economic growth for this year, whereas the government—4.9%.
The slowdown in economic activity will obviously affect tax collection, and the CBA has considered a conservative scenario, which assumes the maintenance of the tax/GDP indicator of 2019.
At the same time, the CBA expects that economic growth will resume in 2021 and may reach 7.2%.
According to the CBA, the spread of the coronavirus and the negative impact of the measures being taken against it will largely materialize in the second quarter of 2020, after which the economy will gradually return to its normal course.
It is also projected that remittances from individuals will fall by between 16% and 19%.
According to the CBA, inflation will remain at a low level in the coming months, totaling 1.9% at the end of 2020, but will gradually approach the target indicator in the medium term.
- Warsaw Stock Exchange Intends to Take Over the Armenia Securities Exchange The preliminary estimated valuation of 100% of AMX is approx. PLN 6 million (USD 1.6 million) On 18 September 2020, the Warsaw Stock Exchange (GPW) Management Board and the Central Bank of Armenia (CBA)...
- Armenia Central Bank Cuts Re-Financing Rate The Lombard rate is set at 5,75%, while the Deposit Rate is set at 2,75%.
- Let's Build Armenia in Anew: Armenia PM Posts New Video "Let's build Armenia in anew: Tashir-Vardaghbyur," he wrote regarding this video.
- “Ameria Tour” Draw: Chance to Explore Armenia with Us For full information on the terms and conditions of Ameria Tour draw, please visit explorearmenia.ameriabank.am.
- Armenia Eliminates Obstacle for Participation of EEU States' Businesses in Public Procurement All member states of the Eurasian Economic Union have acknowledged the elimination of the obstacle by Armenia. As Minister of Internal Markets, Informatization, Information and Telecommunication Technologies...
EU Asylum-Seeker Distribution won't Work: Austria's Kurz
Saudi Arabia to Gradually Resume Umrah Pilgrimage
Pentagon Vows to Help Israel Keep Military Superiority
Artsakh Reports 6 New Coronavirus Cases during Past Day
Armenia Records 47877 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Rouhani Says U.S. Can Impose Neither Negotiations nor War on Iran
Macron Says Ready to Talk with Turkey, but Respect Needed
Armenia's Healthcare Minister and Chinese Ambassador Discuss Potential COVID-19 Vaccine Application
Davit Tonoyan and Zohrab Mnatsakanyan Chaired an Inter-Agency Consultation
Ilham Aliyev’s Statements Demonstrate the Degree of Confusion of the Azerbaijani Authorities: Artsakh MFA
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Queen Elizabeth II Sent Congratulations to President Sarkissian on the Occasion of Independence Day
ICRC Representatives Visited Armenian Captives In Azerbaijan
Nikol Pashinyan On UN 75th Anniversary: "Rejection of the right to self-determination could only lead to oppression and further violence"
EU Imposes Sanctions on Violators of Libya Weapons Embargo
President of Artsakh Met with RA Defense Minister David Tonoyan
Artsakh Records 12 New Coronavirus Cases in a Day
Tropical Storm Beta Makes Landfall in Texas Late Monday Night
TikTok Deal under New Threat as Trump Insists on Total US Control
Armenia Records 47667 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Statement of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on the Violation of the Rights of the Officer Gurgen Alaverdyan who Appeared Under the Azerbaijani Jurisdiction
Artsakh Women Participate in 1-Week Combat Preparedness Training at Initiative of Armenian PM’s Wife (PHOTOS)
Internal Investigation to Be Carried Out over the Case of Disoriented Armenian Officer: MOD Spokesperson
Armenia Joined International Religious Freedom Alliance’s COVID-19 and Religious Minorities Pandemic Statement
The Government of Artsakh Also Contributes to the Preservation of the Armenian Community of Lebanon. President Harutyunyan Convoked a Consultation
Artsakh Republic President Approved the New Composition of the Security Council of the Country
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Internal investigation Will Reveal All Circumstances of Disappearance of the Armenian Officer - Defense Minister
Azerbaijani Side Launches New Fortification Works on the Border, Armenian Side Suspends such Activities
Wind: 5 km/h