Iran Nuclear: Natanz Fire Caused 'Significant' Damage
A fire that broke out on Thursday at a key Iranian nuclear facility has caused "significant damage", a spokesman for Iran's nuclear energy body has said.
He said the cause of the blaze at the Natanz enrichment site had been determined, but gave no details, BBC reports.
The fire hit a centrifuge assembly workshop. Some Iranian officials have blamed possible cyber-sabotage.
Behrouz Kamalvandi, a spokesman for Iran's Atomic Energy Organisation, said on Sunday that security officials were not talking about what caused the Natanz fire "because of security reasons".
The incident, he said, had "caused significant damage, but there were no casualties".
Mr Kamalvandi added: "The incident could slow down the development and production of advanced centrifuges in the medium term... Iran will replace the damaged building with a bigger one that has more advanced equipment."
- Iran Files Lawsuit in ICJ against US She went on to say that since the beginning of the pandemic, institutes like Pasteur have had a significant and fundamental role in the field of healthcare.
- Iran Ready for Talks If US Apologizes, Returns to JCPOA: Rouhani Addressing a cabinet session on Wednesday, Rouhani said the White House keeps talking about readiness for talks with Iran and advises Tehran not to wait for the result of the US presidential election.
- Pompeo: US Will not Let Iran Buy Arms When UN Embargo Ends Russia and China, which hold vetoes on the council and are parties to the nuclear deal, are believed to be eager to sell armaments to Iran.
- US Extends Iran Nuclear Cooperation Sanctions Waivers The move by the Trump administration, which in 2018 withdrew from the 2015 Iran nuclear deal and reimposed sanctions on Iran, will allow non-proliferation work to continue at the Arak heavy-water research...
- Iran's Nuclear Enrichment at Higher Level than before 2015 Deal: Rouhani Iran has gradually scaled back its commitments under the nuclear deal in retaliation to Washington’s withdrawal from the pact in 2018 and its reimposition of sanctions that have crippled the country’s...
Turkey Deploying Syrian Fighters to Help Ally Azerbaijan, two Fighters Say
Artsakh Denies Azeri Report on Losing Base in Martuni
Armenian Armed Forces Down Azerbaijan’s helicopter, Probably Helicopters: MOD Representative
Armenia Records 49901 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
MFA: Azerbaijani Disinformation Aims At Preparing A Ground For The Expansion Of The Geography Of Military Operations
Canada and UK Concerned Over Large-Scale Military Actions in NK Conflict Zone
Ministry of Defense of Armenia Published a Video Of Destruction of Azerbaijani Outposts and Armored Vehicles
Fights of various intensity continue in the Artsakh-Azerbaijan line of contact: Shushan Stepanyan
Prime Minister Pashinyan Holds Phone Conversation with Antonio Guterres
Turks and Azerbaijanis Target Armenian Social Media Users
Nikol Pashinyan Calls on Angela Merkel to Make Every Effort to Curb Turkey’s Destructive Stance
Security Council Holds Extraordinary Meeting, Chaired by PM Nikol Pashinyan
Artsakh Downs Hostile Airplane
Artsakh’s President Vows to Bring Adversary to Knees Within Few Days
Such Actions by Azerbaijan Constitute a Serious Violation of International Humanitarian Law: Artsakh MFA
Azerbaijan Loses 36 UAVs, 47 Armored Vehicles, Over 400 Personnel
CSTO Urges Armenia and Azerbaijan to Immediately Restore the Ceasefire and Return to Negotiation Process
Military Аctions Оngoing: Artsrun Hovhannisyan
One Civilian Dies, another 4 Receive Injuries in Artsakh’s Hadrut
Arayik Harutyunyan and David Tonoyan Visited the Operations Control Center
Declaration on Proclamation of the Nagorno Karabakh Republic
Ancient Armenian Fortress Surfaces from under Lake Van
Artsakh Women Participate in 1-Week Combat Preparedness Training at Initiative of Armenian PM’s Wife (PHOTOS)
Artsakh Republic President Approved the New Composition of the Security Council of the Country
ICRC Representatives Visited Armenian Captives In Azerbaijan
Azerbaijani Side Launches New Fortification Works on the Border, Armenian Side Suspends such Activities
Armenia, Artsakh ex-President Kocharyan: Nagorno-Karabakh Republic Has Never Been Part of Independent Azerbaijan
Armenia Records 47877 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Nikol Pashinyan On UN 75th Anniversary: "Rejection of the right to self-determination could only lead to oppression and further violence"
OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Invited the Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan to Meet Individually
Wind: 6 km/h