Iran Nuclear: Natanz Fire Caused 'Significant' Damage
A fire that broke out on Thursday at a key Iranian nuclear facility has caused "significant damage", a spokesman for Iran's nuclear energy body has said.
He said the cause of the blaze at the Natanz enrichment site had been determined, but gave no details, BBC reports.
The fire hit a centrifuge assembly workshop. Some Iranian officials have blamed possible cyber-sabotage.
Behrouz Kamalvandi, a spokesman for Iran's Atomic Energy Organisation, said on Sunday that security officials were not talking about what caused the Natanz fire "because of security reasons".
The incident, he said, had "caused significant damage, but there were no casualties".
Mr Kamalvandi added: "The incident could slow down the development and production of advanced centrifuges in the medium term... Iran will replace the damaged building with a bigger one that has more advanced equipment."
- Iran Dismisses Idea of Talks with EU and U.S. to Revive 2015 Nuclear Deal The United States said it was disappointed but remained ready to “re-engage in meaningful diplomacy” and would consult with the other major powers to seek a way forward.
- Zarif: Compensation not Pre-Condition for Reviving Nuclear Deal Meanwhile, US President Joe Biden said the US would not lift sanctions to bring Iran to talks.
- Iran Files Lawsuit in ICJ against US She went on to say that since the beginning of the pandemic, institutes like Pasteur have had a significant and fundamental role in the field of healthcare.
- Iran Ready for Talks If US Apologizes, Returns to JCPOA: Rouhani Addressing a cabinet session on Wednesday, Rouhani said the White House keeps talking about readiness for talks with Iran and advises Tehran not to wait for the result of the US presidential election.
- Pompeo: US Will not Let Iran Buy Arms When UN Embargo Ends Russia and China, which hold vetoes on the council and are parties to the nuclear deal, are believed to be eager to sell armaments to Iran.
Reviving Armenia Party to Run in Snap Parliamentary Elections with ex-President Kocharyan-led Bloc
Lavrov Responds to Aliyev's 'Zangezur Corridor' Claims
''Moderna’' Named World's Best Coronavirus Vaccine
Latvia Officially Recognizes Armenian Genocide
Armenia Records 218325 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Russian FM Lavrov Visited the Armenian Genocide Memorial in Yerevan
Lavrov-Aivazian Meeting Commence in Yerevan
Some Road in Armenia is Difficult to Pass
OSCE MG Co-Chairs Again Urge to Return All War Prisoners
Sergey Lavrov Has Arrived in Armenia
Minister of Foreign Affairs of Artsakh Sent Letters to the UN SG and Specialized Bodies
US Secretary of State Calls Armenia and Azerbaijan to Fully Complete the Exchange Process for All Prisoners
Ararat Mirzoyan to Visit Moscow on an Official Visit
Levon Ter-Petrosyan Offered Robert Kocharyan and Serzh Sargsyan to Cooperate
Azerbaijan Hasn't Informed Artsakh Diocese and the Mother See of Holy Etchmiadzin about His Actions at the Ghazanchetsots Cathedral (EXCLUSIVE)
Karabakh Has New Justice Minister
Armenia MOD: Serviceman Dies at Combat Position of Military Unit
International Recognition of the Artsakh Republic Has Been and Remains on the Agenda: Arayik Harutyunyan
Armenia’s Ambassador Meets with Iranian Defense Minister
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Even if Biden Uses the Term "Genocide", it Wouldn't Be Right to Consider it as Final Recognition: Interview with Harut Sassounian (Exclusive)
Armenian-Australian Community Appeals to Prime Minister Scott Morrison to Recognize the Armenian Genocide
The Feelings and Emotions We Had During the 44-Day War in Artsakh: Interview with the Author of the Book "On This Side of the Window"
Armenia's Ombudsman Addresses CoE Committee of Ministers for Immediate Return of Armenian POWs in Azerbaijan
Can’t Rely on Their Mood: Lavrov Excoriates Washington’s 'Dead-End' Policy toward Russia
Silent Protest Demanding the Return of Armenian PoWs Canceled in Warsaw Due to Turkish-Azerbaijani Threats
Turkey’s Leader Met Two E.U. Presidents. The Woman Among Them Didn’t Get a Chair
OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs Call on Parties to Resume Dialogue Under their Auspices at Earliest Opportunity
Artsakh Reports 8 Daily Coronavirus Cases
The Tragic Events in Maragha will Remain an Incurable Wound in the Memory of Our People: Armenia's MFA
Wind: 4 km/h