Iran Plans Massive Air Defense Drill
Iran’s Air Defense units are going to stage a military exercise covering more than half of the country’s territories, Tasnimnews reports.
The joint air defense exercise, codenamed ‘Guardians of Velayat Sky-99’, will begin on Wednesday, the commander of the war game said.
The drill, involving air defense units from the Army and the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC), is aimed at boosting the combat preparedness and consolidate the air defense capabilities of the Armed Forces in simulated real-war conditions, General Qader Rahimzadeh said.
According to the commander, the upcoming drill will include various types of homegrown missile systems, radars, electronic warfare equipment, and communication systems countering aerial threats in low, medium and high altitudes.
The Islamic Republic of Iran Air Force is planned to fly fighter jets, bombers and drones during the exercise, he added.
Iran’s Air Defense holds annual war games in order to enhance capabilities to defend the country’s airspace.
In 2018, Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyed Ali Khamenei underlined the important role that Iran’s Air Defense plays in protecting the country, saying it is on the front line of countering enemies.
- Russia, Iran Developing Alternative to SWIFT Both countries are facing severe Western sanctions, making settlements in trade through SWIFT difficult or impossible.
- Iran to Overhaul and Maintain Russian Aircraft Iranian and Russian officials at the meeting stressed the need to intensify bilateral cooperation in air transport, he said.
- Iran and Russia Exclude Dollar from Trade Between Countries Noting that the policy of good neighborliness is a priority of Iran's foreign policy, Khandouzi said that Putin's visit to Tehran is in line with the implementation of the agreements reached during President...
- Iran Will Keep IAEA Cameras Turned off until Nuclear Deal is Restored Tehran recently suggested it could still return to compliance if a new deal is struck, but it has insisted Washington must move first.
- Iran Will Oppose Any Policy to Block its Border with Armenia – Supreme Leader "If there is a policy to block the border between Iran and Armenia, Iran will oppose it as this border is a years-old corridor", he said.
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
Erdogan, Biden Might Meet in September- Media
The Situation on the Armenian-Azerbaijani Border is Relatively Stable
US Congress Approves $430 Billion Package of Initiatives to Reduce Inflation
The Prime Minister Awards the Members of the Men's Chess Team of Armenia
Russia warned US of ''points of no return'' in bilateral relations: MFA Russia
Feast of the Apparition ("Shoghakat") of Holy Etchmiadzin
General Seyran Saroyan, Armenia Former MP, Dies
Indeed, Neither Azerbaijan nor its Leadership Has Ever Misled or Deceived About their Plans for Artsakh: David Babayan
Russia Urges West Not to Create Hurdles for IAEA Mission to Zaporozhye Power Plant: MFA
Armenia Asks Georgia to Consider Sea Transport as Alternative to Lars Border Crossing
US Warns about More Sanctions in Case Ukrainian Regions Join Russia
Zelensky Is Either to Face Tribunal or Return to Comedy Shows: Russia Security Council
High Treason by Armenia Citizens, Espionage by Foreign Nationals Exposed
5-Day Weather Forecast In Armenia
Türkiye, Pakistan Sign Trade Agreement
Attacks Against Azerbaijani Journalists Continue Unabated in 2022: Greek City Times
4 Women Die On the Spot After Cars of Russian Peacekeepers and Artsakh Villages’ Residents Crash
Liberal Party of Australia recognized Artsakh independence, Armenian Genocide- David Babayan
Turkey Ready to Move Armenia Normalisation Talks to Yerevan and Ankara
Raffi Hovannisian Barred from Entering Artsakh
EU Will Not Recognise Passports Distributed By Russia To Ukrainians: Josep Borrell
Armenian Film Producer Armen Grigoryan Dies In Courtroom
Edvard Asryan Appointed Chef of Staff of Armenia’s Armed Forces
Armenian, Azerbaijani FMs to Meet in Tbilisi
Prime Minister Pashinyan Receives US CIA Director William Burns
Armenia Plans to Open Diplomatic Office in Cyprus
A Place You Will Never Get Bored of: Tunisia for Movie Fans
Estonian PM Resigns to Form New Government
Meeting of the Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan
Wind: 2.57 km/h