Iran’s Rouhani Hails Departure of ‘Tyrant’ Trump
Iran’s President Hassan Rouhani on Wednesday hailed the departure of “tyrant” US counterpart Donald Trump, who is due to leave office later in the day, Arab News reports.
A “tyrant’s era came to an end and today is the final day of his ominous reign. Someone for whom all of his four years bore no fruit other than injustice and corruption and causing problems for his own people and the world,” he said in televised remarks to his cabinet.
Rouhani further urged US President-elect Joe Biden to return to the 2015 nuclear deal and lift crippling sanctions on the Islamic Republic.
“The ball is in the US court now. If Washington returns to Iran’s 2015 nuclear deal, we will also fully respect our commitments under the pact,” Rouhani said.
“US President Donald Trump’s political career is over today and his ‘maximum pressure’ policy on Iran has completely failed,” he added.
- Iran Considering EU-Hosted Nuclear Deal Talks with US Iran insists the United States must first lift former President Donald Trump’s sanctions while Washington says Tehran must first return to compliance with the deal.
- Over 40 People Injured in Iranian Earthquake There are no fatalities as a result of a disaster.
- IAEA Director-General Plans to Visit Iran IAEA Director-General Mariano Grossi plans to visit Iran to find a mutually acceptable solution allowing the IAEA to continue working in the country
- Iran Top Diplomat Urges Biden to Return to Nuclear Deal "Time is running out for the Americans, both because of the parliament bill and the election atmosphere that will follow the Iranian New Year," Zarif said in an interview with Hamshahri newspaper published...
- Iran FM Calls on New US Administration to Lift All Sanctions Imposed Under Trump In an article published in Foreign Affairs on Friday, Zarif elaborated on Iran’s stances on the 2015 nuclear deal and the incoming US administration’s expected policies.
Press Conference of Ilham Aliyev Was Another Manifestation of Hate Speech towards the Armenian People: Armenia's MFA
Draft Decree on Resignation of the Chief of the General Staff Sent to the President Again
Armenia’s President Doesn't Sign PM’s Draft Decree to Release Chief of Armenian Armed Forces Onik Gasparyan, Returns With Objections
Armenian, Russian Defense Ministers Hold Phone Talk
Unlawful Attacks on Medical Facilities and Personnel in Karabakh: Human Rights Watch
Armenia President, Ombudsman Meet, Discuss Issue of Return of Captives
Statement by the Foreign Ministry of Armenia on the 33rd Anniversary of the Anti-Armenian Massacres in Sumgait
Armenia Records 171793 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Aram I: Armenia Is On Edge of Abyss
5 Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Armen Sarkissian Met with Vazgen Manukyan, Arthur Vanetsyan, Vahram Baghdasaryan, and Artsvik Minasyan
Murders of Armenian Civilians in Hadrut Described as War Crimes by UN High Commissioner for Human Rights – Armenia’s MFA
Armenia's President Visits Chief of General Staff of Armed Forces Onik Gasparyan
Armen Sarkissian Met with the Leaders of the NA "My Step", "Bright Armenia" Factions and the Secretary of the "Prosperous Armenia" Faction
Armenia’s President does not Return Petition to Release Onik Gasparyan
PACE is Unhappy with Armenian Army's Statement
Putin Discussed Situation around Nagorno-Karabakh with Security Council Members
Armenia-Russia-Azerbaijan Deputy Prime Ministerial Task Force to Meet Again
Armen Sarkissian Met with the Speaker of Armenia’s National Assembly Ararat Mirzoyan
Armen Sarkissian to Meet with the Leaders and Representatives of the Parliamentary Factions
US Condemns Demolition of Armenian Church in Turkey
4 More Bodies of Fallen Servicemen Found During Search Operations, Artsakh Authorities Say
Artsakh: Search Օperation not to Be Conducted Today Due to Weather Conditions
3,577 Bodies Passed Forensic Examination, DNA Analysis of Other 428 in Process
Russia to Resume Air Service with Azerbaijan, Armenia Starting February 15
US Troop Withdrawal from Germany ‘Put on Freeze’
Garegin Nzhdeh Statue not Demolished in Martuni Town of Artsakh
Turkish State Channel Showed a Map of Expanding Influence on Armenia, Georgia and a Number of Territories of Russia
Air Temperature to Rise in Armenia by 5-6 Degrees
Joe Biden Has First Conversation with Xi Jinping as US President
Wind: 5 km/h