Rouhani Calls Tehran-Beijing Ties Durable, Strategic
n a telephone conversation with Chinese President xi Jinping, Rouhani said Tehran-Beijing ties have been on the rise over the past 50 years and expressed hope that bilateral relations and cooperation would increase in all areas, Tehran Times reports.
Iran and China signed a long-term strategic partnership in Tehran on March 7. It was officially signed between the Iranian and Chinese foreign ministers.
Rouhani said Iran has a long-term view toward strengthening cooperation with China as a world power and insisted on the need to implement the terms of the strategic partnership.
Noting that Iran is ready to promote economic cooperation with China in West Asia, the president said such a move will lead to closer ties especially in economic and commercial areas, including export of oil and non-oil products from Iran to China and facilitation of Chinese companies’ presence in Iran.
Rouhani also pointed to Iran’s Hormuz Peace Initiative (HOPE) for cooperation between countries in the West Asia region, saying, "The Islamic Republic of Iran is ready to cooperate with China in the West Asia region on different issues including working to resolve the Palestine issue and in this endeavor the HOPE initiative can serve as the cornerstone of interaction between the two sides."
The president also thanked China for its principled positions, including its support for the 2015 nuclear deal -JCPOA – and its constructive approach toward the ongoing Vienna talks to revive the multilateral agreement.
The Iranian president also said it is necessary that unilateral sanctions against Iran be lifted and also accelerate efforts to complete the Arak nuclear reactor project within the framework of the JCPOA.
It is also necessary that Tehran and Beijing to strengthen cooperation on international issues to counter the cold war and prevent coalition building by the U.S. and its Western allies against independent states like Iran and China, Rouhani suggested.
The president also praised China for aiding Iran, including providing vaccines, to control the Coronavirus pandemic and expressed hope that Iran’s needs to vaccines to be met soon.
For his part, Xi said China and Iran can play an influential role in resolving regional and international problems by adopting similar approaches.
The Chinese leader said Beijing has been supporting the JCPOA as an international agreement and wants it to be fully implemented.
Xi added, "The U.S. cannot quit the JCPOA or reenter it whenever it wishes and that the cancellation of sanctions against Iran is a necessity for a U.S. return to the JCPOA."
He also said China comprehends Iran’s need for Coronavirus vaccines, adding Beijing will fulfill its commitments to provide vaccines to Iran.
Xi also said China is committed to its obligation on reconfiguring the Arak heavy water reactor.
He also pointed to Israel’s cruelty against the Palestinians and called for international efforts to put an end to the killing of the Palestinians.
"Iran and China can play important role in this regard," Xi suggested.
- Trade Representative of Russia in Armenia: Eurasian Union and Iran are Interested in Using North-South Direction Now, according to her, negotiations are underway to form a full-format agreement on a free trade zone between the Eurasian Union and Iran. She expressed confidence that the conclusion of such an agreement...
- Russian, Iranian Presidents Discuss Situation Around Nagorno Karabakh The Russian and Iranian Presidents also discussed issues relating to the bilateral cooperation, including the implementation of large-scale joint investment projects and the fight against COVID-19.
- Armenia’s Minister of Territorial Administration and Infrastructures Plans to Visit Iran The minister welcomed the Ambassador and highlighted the reliable partnering relations between Armenia and Iran, as well as the bilateral cooperation in different sectors, stating that the two countries...
- Baku Releases two Iranian Truck Drivers According to the source, the detainees were released in the morning of October 21 based on the principle of humanism and mutual according to the respective agreement.
- Iran Army and IRGC Started to Stage a Joint Specialized Air Defense Exercise Brigadier General Ghader Rahimzadeh, commander of the country's Khatam al-Anbia Air Defense Base announced the beginning of the operational phase of the joint large-scale drill in the country’s central...
Armenia Records 340723 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
David Babayan Received Representatives of Democratic Union Party of the Republic of Armenia
Some Roads are Closed in Armenia
Statement of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
Body of Killed Civilian Handed Over to Artsakh
Biden Says He Does Not Accept Anybody’s Red Lines Referring to Ukraine
Azerbaijan Again Halts Search Operations for Casualties of the 2020 Artsakh War
The Regular Sitting of the Consultative Assembly Held with the Participation of the Prime Minister and the Leaders of the Extra-Parliamentary Political Forces
Human Rights Watch Condemns Human Rights Violations in Azerbaijan
Murderer of Artsakh Civilian Identified
United Russia Congress Re-Elects Medvedev as Party’s Chairman
Any Status Within Azerbaijan is Unacceptable for the People and Authorities of Artsakh: David Babayan
Armenia Records 340396 Confirmed Coronavirus Cases
Commemoration of the Apostles St. Thaddeus and St. Bartholomew, the First Preachers of Christianity in Armenia
At the Request of Erdogan,Putin Informed Him about the Main Results of the Trilateral Meeting of the Leaders of Russia, Azerbaijan and Armenia in Sochi
Armenia's Foreign Minister Met with the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chairs
Atrocities Committed by the Azerbaijani Armed Forces Against the Civilian Population of Artsakh Are a Continuation of the Policy of Armenophobia: MFA Spox
Putin, Erdogan Speak on the Phone
Foreign Minister of Armenia Met with the OSCE Secretary General
Kremlin Says Putin-Biden Talks to Be Held as Videoconference
Giacomo Luigi Ciamician, Armenian Chemist, the Pioneer of Solar Energy Idea
Armenian Scientists Become Eligible for the EU's Largest Funding Program
Artsakh National Security Service Releases Statement on Incident Near Shushi Checkpoint
Man Detained near Shushi to Be Handed over to Artsakh Law Enforcement Agencies: Ombudsman
Ararat Mirzoyan, Jean-Baptiste Lemoyne Discussed Peaceful Settlement of the Nagorno-Karabakh Conflict
Armenian History of ATMs (from the Series "Inventions of the Armenians")
West at Risk of Conflict with Russia, Britain's Army Chief Says
Water Tariff in Armenia to Increase on January 1
5-Day Weather Forecast in Armenia
Under the Guise of Unblocking the Roads, the Azerbaijani Authorities are Pursuing a Targeted Policy of Isolating the Civilian Residential Communities of Armenia: Tatoyan