From the EaP Countries, Only Azerbaijan and Belarus Were Completely Deprived of the USAID Financial Support
The US Congress House of Representatives on April 3 confirmed the 1.1 billion budget plan, which will be in force until the end of the financial year – next September. The budget should be confirmed by the US Senate and President this week so that the US federal government continues operating normally and avoids shutdown.
In the budget plan, which was presented by the Foreign Policy, it is noted that the amount of assistance presented to the developing countries by the US will be reduced by the third of its previous amount. According to the same report, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan and Belarus will no longer get the USAID assistance. The amount of the USAID assistance given to Armenia will be reduced by 77 percent, to Georgia by 41, to Moldova by approximately 50 percent and to Ukraine by 69.
To note, USAID is a US state agency that presents assistance to reduce the level of poverty in the world, gives an opportunity to democratic societies to use its potential. It was founded in 1961 by the US 35th president John Kennedy,
Before explaining such a change in the US budget plan, it is noteworthy to note that from the five EaP countries, only Azerbaijan and Belarus were completely deprived of the USAID assistance, while Moldova, Ukraine and Armenia, despite the reductions, will continue to get assistance. Such a grouping cannot be occasional and speaks of different levels of democracy development in those countries.
We can state, that the above mentioned, once more proves that Trump’s administration will no longer assist the foreign policy previously conducted by the US, which supposed closer cooperation with the representatives of opposition and civil society in other countries.
Instead, Trump will bring bilateral relations with other countries to the sphere of mutual agreements by the principle "what for what." Such a policy of Trump’s administration is already demonstrated in the policy towards the US NATO allies, when Trump demands from US allies to pay for their defense.
- The Constitutional Court Suspended Moldovan President's power: What Does It Mean? For the first time the part of Dodon’s power was taken away in October. Then he twice rejected the candidacy of Eugen Sturza, proposed for the post of Minister of Defense.
- Moldova-Armenia Cooperation Builds New Bridges between the EAEU and EU Thus, the cooperation with Moldova can have its contribution to strengthening the position and role of Armenia in the EAEU. In parallel, it will build bridges between the European and Eurasian unions.
- Is Moldova Turning to the Eurasian Economic Union? It should be noted that the intention of deepening cooperation between the Eurasian Economic Union was first announced by the President of Moldova in January, after his meeting with Russian President Vladimir...
- Moldova is also Retreating from Extreme Pro-Western Direction? Regardless of the fact that the new president considers himself a pro-Russian politician, and was in favor of the normalization of Russian-Moldovan relations, it is unlikely that Moldova refuses the European...
- Moldova Holds First Presidential Election in 20 Years Moldova was thrown into political turmoil in 2014 with the disappearance of about $1bn (£820m) from the banking system.
- Trump: I'll be Putin's Worst Enemy "Getting along with President Putin, getting along with Russia, is positive, not a negative," the US President Donald Trump said.
- Iran files Suit in International Court against U.S. over Sanctions A State Department official said the application was without merit and the United States would fight it in the court.
- Prime Minister Pashinyan Sends Congratulatory Message on U.S. Independence Day I should note with satisfaction the special role played by the vibrant U.S.-based "Armenian community, which is building bridges of friendship between our countries with its active structures and unconditional...
- The Trump administration reportedly drafted a bill to abandon key World Trade Organization rules Trump has been angling for some time to withdraw the US from the WTO completely, though he would be unable to do so without Congress' approval.
- "US laws are the dumbest in the world". Donald Trump "Republicans want Strong Borders and no Crime. Dems want Open Borders and are weak on Crime!", - said president Trump.
- NATO, EU Leaders to Sign Declaration on Enhanced Cooperation: Stoltenberg “NATO and EU leaders plan to sign a new joint declaration in July to further enhance their level of cooperation,” Jens Stoltenberg said at NATO Defense Ministers meeting on Friday.
- "Party for Macron": What Do French People Complain of? In their turn, the students, who joined the protestors, were concerned by Macron’s plan to reform the higher education system to increase competitiveness, arguing that in that case the universal right...
- Air France Offers Flights with Alcohol and Digital Entertainment The price of the ticket to European destinations departing from Paris starts at €49 (£43) each way, while long haul flights start from €149 each way, excluding checked baggage.
- New Coin Picturing Prince Harry and Meghan Markle The coin, approved by the couple themselves, shows Markle clutching her fiance's arm in a pose they first struck during their official engagement photocall.
- Mogherini: the EU to Provide Additional € 3 Billion to Turkey This was stated by the head of European diplomacy Federica Mogherini, novinite.com reports.
- Armenia-EU New Agreement Outlines a Very Good Path for Future Partnership Armenia decides itself how far to go in this partnership taking into account that the country is a member of the Eurasian Economic Union.
- The EU has Revised Its Neighborhood Policy: What are on the Basis of This Revision? In parallel, the new strategy pays great attention to its neighboring countries neighbors, their cooperation and their impact on the region. The need for cooperation with Turkey is noted in particular,...
- Head of the EU Delegation on ENP Document Details Świtalski noted that the discussions were launched late last year and involved all the executives and government officials. He added that about 250 proposals were made, including the ones by the Armenian...
- Co-Presidents of the Euronest on Azerbaijan Decision to Withdraw The Constituent Act of the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly provides for a year's notice before any withdrawal becomes effective: within this period, we reiterate our availability to openly discuss the...
- What Happens in Moldova Cannot be Compared with Ukraine The fact that the events in Moldova, are, anyway, far away from being called "Maidan" is evidently seen in a number of factors, the most important of which is that two pro-Russian parties have joined the...
US Secretary of State Speaks about Trump's Successes in Talks with Putin
Armenia PM: When Azerbaijan will be Inclined to Compromise, We will Discuss Compromise Limit for us
EU Urged Member States to Prepare for Brexit Negotiations
Trump: I'll be Putin's Worst Enemy
President of Artsakh addresses congratulatory message on foreign ministry’s 25th anniversary
PM Receives Special Representative of the OSCE Chairperson-in-Office on Combating Corruption
Israel Has Adopted Divisive Jewish Nation-State Law
Trump Is Looking Forward to a Second Meeting with Putin
Zakharova: Russia Wants to Restore Relations with Georgia
Pashinyan: The Sale of Weapons to Azerbaijan by the Belarusian Authorities Is Unacceptable
Trump Holds Putin Responsible for US Elections Interference
UK Law Enforcers Foil Plans to Kill Theresa May
5 More Countries Join EU Sanctions on Russia
Regime of State of Emergency Lifted in Turkey
Any constructive contact initiated by the parties should serve for settlement of NK conflict, Russia says
UK House of Lords Has Approved Armenia-EU Agreement
New Program for Syrian Armenians to Be Launched by Red Cross
EU Begins Screening Macedonia, Albania for Mid-2019 Accession Talks
US House of Representatives may Consider New Sanctions on Russia
At Least three Dead After Two Planes Crash in Florida
Prince William Got an Armenian Cross as a Gift
A Lebanese Politician of Armenian Ethnic Origins is in the top-5 of the Most Successful Business Women in the Middle East
Nikol Pashinyan: "A Historical Process of Reconciliation Between Law-Enforcement Authorities and Society is Taking Place in Armenia"
Nikol Pashinyan: "Our most important goal is not only to stop the tide of emigration, but to reverse the trend" (PHOTOS)
Feast of Transfiguration of Our Lord Jesus Christ
Erdogan Plans to Involve Ethnic Armenian Economist Daron Acemoglu in the New Cabinet
Comment by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Artsakh on the UN Security Council Resolutions on the Azerbaijan-Karabakh Conflict
Appointment of The Ambassador is Very Important for Armenia-Ukraine Relations: Head of the Armenia-Ukraine Friendship Group
At the Invitation of President Armen Sarkissian President of Italy Sergio Mattarella will Conduct a State Visit to Armenia
Commemoration of the Tabernacle of Old Testament (or the Old Ark) and the Feast of the New Holy Church
Wind: 28.97 km/h