From the EaP Countries, Only Azerbaijan and Belarus Were Completely Deprived of the USAID Financial Support
The US Congress House of Representatives on April 3 confirmed the 1.1 billion budget plan, which will be in force until the end of the financial year – next September. The budget should be confirmed by the US Senate and President this week so that the US federal government continues operating normally and avoids shutdown.
In the budget plan, which was presented by the Foreign Policy, it is noted that the amount of assistance presented to the developing countries by the US will be reduced by the third of its previous amount. According to the same report, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan and Belarus will no longer get the USAID assistance. The amount of the USAID assistance given to Armenia will be reduced by 77 percent, to Georgia by 41, to Moldova by approximately 50 percent and to Ukraine by 69.
To note, USAID is a US state agency that presents assistance to reduce the level of poverty in the world, gives an opportunity to democratic societies to use its potential. It was founded in 1961 by the US 35th president John Kennedy,
Before explaining such a change in the US budget plan, it is noteworthy to note that from the five EaP countries, only Azerbaijan and Belarus were completely deprived of the USAID assistance, while Moldova, Ukraine and Armenia, despite the reductions, will continue to get assistance. Such a grouping cannot be occasional and speaks of different levels of democracy development in those countries.
We can state, that the above mentioned, once more proves that Trump’s administration will no longer assist the foreign policy previously conducted by the US, which supposed closer cooperation with the representatives of opposition and civil society in other countries.
Instead, Trump will bring bilateral relations with other countries to the sphere of mutual agreements by the principle "what for what." Such a policy of Trump’s administration is already demonstrated in the policy towards the US NATO allies, when Trump demands from US allies to pay for their defense.
- Moldova-Armenia Cooperation Builds New Bridges between the EAEU and EU Thus, the cooperation with Moldova can have its contribution to strengthening the position and role of Armenia in the EAEU. In parallel, it will build bridges between the European and Eurasian unions.
- Is Moldova Turning to the Eurasian Economic Union? It should be noted that the intention of deepening cooperation between the Eurasian Economic Union was first announced by the President of Moldova in January, after his meeting with Russian President Vladimir...
- Moldova is also Retreating from Extreme Pro-Western Direction? Regardless of the fact that the new president considers himself a pro-Russian politician, and was in favor of the normalization of Russian-Moldovan relations, it is unlikely that Moldova refuses the European...
- Moldova Holds First Presidential Election in 20 Years Moldova was thrown into political turmoil in 2014 with the disappearance of about $1bn (£820m) from the banking system.
- Constitutional Referendum May Take Place in Moldova This question may be brought for discussion in the parliament "at the first meetings of the forthcoming session of the parliament."
- Putin: Trump Opponents Harm US with 'Invented' Russia Scandal Putin said the US opposition was not treating those who elected Mr. Trump with respect.
- Foreign Minister of Artsakh Met With Members of the Armenian Assembly of America’s Delegation During the meeting, the sides discussed a range of issues related to the prospects of expanding the frameworks of the cooperation between Artsakh and the AAA.
- Erdogan Urged Muslim Leaders to Recognize Jerusalem as a Capital of the Palestinian State Erdogan went on to accuse Israel of being a "state of terror".
- What Is the Word of 2017? The word was a top lookup throughout the year, with several spikes that corresponded to various news reports and events.
- How Do the Jews Influence on the Decision-Making Process in the United States? The fact that the number of Congressmen who support Jews is not limited to Jewish Congressmen only has once again been clearly demonstrated, for example, in the case of a draft law ''Israel against Boycott"...
- EU Leaders Fail on Migration After the meeting, German Chancellor Angela Merkel told reporters that the bloc had a hard job ahead of it to reform asylum rules by a deadline of June next year.
- EU Leaders' Summit: What's on the Agenda? Three major items dominate the agenda: Brexit, defense and migration.
- Martin Schulz Is For a Creation of a "United States of Europe" "The question isn’t grand coalition or no grand coalition," he said, "Nor minority government or fresh elections. No — it’s about how we exercise our responsibility, including to the next generation."
- "Armenian Day" in the Historic Polish Castle A number of those in attendance delivered remarks and offered presentations on various subjects concerning Armenia, Poland, and the centuries-old ties between the two nations.
- Germany Offers to Pay Migrants to Go Home The program is called "Your country. Your future. Now!"
- Armenia-EU New Agreement Outlines a Very Good Path for Future Partnership Armenia decides itself how far to go in this partnership taking into account that the country is a member of the Eurasian Economic Union.
- The EU has Revised Its Neighborhood Policy: What are on the Basis of This Revision? In parallel, the new strategy pays great attention to its neighboring countries neighbors, their cooperation and their impact on the region. The need for cooperation with Turkey is noted in particular,...
- Head of the EU Delegation on ENP Document Details Świtalski noted that the discussions were launched late last year and involved all the executives and government officials. He added that about 250 proposals were made, including the ones by the Armenian...
- Co-Presidents of the Euronest on Azerbaijan Decision to Withdraw The Constituent Act of the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly provides for a year's notice before any withdrawal becomes effective: within this period, we reiterate our availability to openly discuss the...
- What Happens in Moldova Cannot be Compared with Ukraine The fact that the events in Moldova, are, anyway, far away from being called "Maidan" is evidently seen in a number of factors, the most important of which is that two pro-Russian parties have joined the...
Trump Says He Would like to Have Russia’s Help with North Korea
Former Policeman Arrested within Case of Russian Ambassador’s Assassination in Turkey
Manchester United is Planning to Sell Mkhitaryan to make space for Mesut Ozil
Syria Accuses Saudi Arabia and the UN for the Failure of Negotiations
EU Leaders Fail on Migration
Donald Trump Thanks Vladimir Putin after his Press-Conference
French School Bus Cut in Two in Rail Crash
Serzh Sargsyan on Karabakh Conflict: It Is Not Possible to Negotiate with One Hand and to Fire with Another
The Next Phase of Brexit Negotiations to Start Soon
UN Warns against 'Sleepwalking' into War over North Korea
Turkey to Open Embassy in East Jerusalem
Turkey’s 37th: How Erdogan Started ''Cleansing'' of His Own Party
Armenian Government Allocated 31.9 Million Drams for Establishing Scientific Research Institute of Chess
Walt Disney Buys Murdoch's Fox for $52.4bn
President Holds Farewell Meeting with Outgoing Lebanese Ambassador
Armenian National Security Service Reveals Terrorist Plot
Weather Forecast in Armenia
Putin: Trump Opponents Harm US with 'Invented' Russia Scandal
EU Leaders' Summit: What's on the Agenda?
Kurz Hopes to Form a Coalition Before Christmas
Armenian Patriarch and 12 other Heads of Churches in Jerusalem Wrote a Letter to President Trump
Russians Should Be Driven out Like Dogs, Armenians Must Be Massacred: Azerbaijani "Scientist''
Tigran Mansurian’s "Requiem" Nominated for Grammy Award
Putin Pushed Erdogan’s Chair to the Ground (VIDEO)
It Is Natural to Be in Artsakh and Struggle along with the People of Artsakh: Today Hero Monte Melkonyan Turns 60
Armenia Pays Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of 1988 Spitak Earthquake
TV Channel Discovery Has Shot 6 Videos about Armenia
Statement by the "European Integration" NGO on Signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU
NKR Defense Army Servicemen Gegham Zaqaryan, Sargis Abrahamyan, Sargis Meliqyan, Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Lebanese-Armenian Independent Researcher: The Crisis in Lebanon Is Not Over (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h