From the EaP Countries, Only Azerbaijan and Belarus Were Completely Deprived of the USAID Financial Support
The US Congress House of Representatives on April 3 confirmed the 1.1 billion budget plan, which will be in force until the end of the financial year – next September. The budget should be confirmed by the US Senate and President this week so that the US federal government continues operating normally and avoids shutdown.
In the budget plan, which was presented by the Foreign Policy, it is noted that the amount of assistance presented to the developing countries by the US will be reduced by the third of its previous amount. According to the same report, Kazakhstan, Turkmenistan, Azerbaijan and Belarus will no longer get the USAID assistance. The amount of the USAID assistance given to Armenia will be reduced by 77 percent, to Georgia by 41, to Moldova by approximately 50 percent and to Ukraine by 69.
To note, USAID is a US state agency that presents assistance to reduce the level of poverty in the world, gives an opportunity to democratic societies to use its potential. It was founded in 1961 by the US 35th president John Kennedy,
Before explaining such a change in the US budget plan, it is noteworthy to note that from the five EaP countries, only Azerbaijan and Belarus were completely deprived of the USAID assistance, while Moldova, Ukraine and Armenia, despite the reductions, will continue to get assistance. Such a grouping cannot be occasional and speaks of different levels of democracy development in those countries.
We can state, that the above mentioned, once more proves that Trump’s administration will no longer assist the foreign policy previously conducted by the US, which supposed closer cooperation with the representatives of opposition and civil society in other countries.
Instead, Trump will bring bilateral relations with other countries to the sphere of mutual agreements by the principle "what for what." Such a policy of Trump’s administration is already demonstrated in the policy towards the US NATO allies, when Trump demands from US allies to pay for their defense.
- The Constitutional Court Suspended Moldovan President's power: What Does It Mean? For the first time the part of Dodon’s power was taken away in October. Then he twice rejected the candidacy of Eugen Sturza, proposed for the post of Minister of Defense.
- Moldova-Armenia Cooperation Builds New Bridges between the EAEU and EU Thus, the cooperation with Moldova can have its contribution to strengthening the position and role of Armenia in the EAEU. In parallel, it will build bridges between the European and Eurasian unions.
- Is Moldova Turning to the Eurasian Economic Union? It should be noted that the intention of deepening cooperation between the Eurasian Economic Union was first announced by the President of Moldova in January, after his meeting with Russian President Vladimir...
- Moldova is also Retreating from Extreme Pro-Western Direction? Regardless of the fact that the new president considers himself a pro-Russian politician, and was in favor of the normalization of Russian-Moldovan relations, it is unlikely that Moldova refuses the European...
- Moldova Holds First Presidential Election in 20 Years Moldova was thrown into political turmoil in 2014 with the disappearance of about $1bn (£820m) from the banking system.
- Mike Pompeo: the Most Conservative US State Secretary? In this context it is interesting that his most favorite book is Ayn Rand’s novel Atlas Shrugged, which depicts "a dystopian United States in which private businesses suffer under increasingly burdensome...
- NKR President Met With the Representatives of Ramkavar Azatakan Party in Washington The meetings addressed diverse issues related to the Artsakh domestic and foreign policy, the Artsakh-Diaspora cooperation, developing and deepening the USA-Artsakh ties.
- Artsakh President Was Awarded with "Mesrop Mashtots" Order Bako Sahakyan also recognized the important role of the U.S. Armenian organisations in international recognition of Artsakh and making our country recognizable worldwide.
- Washington: Bako Sahakyan Visited the Headquarters of ANCA President Sahakyan highlighted the ANCA's activity in solving various national issues conveying gratitude for constantly keeping the Artsakh-related issues in the spotlight of attention.
- NKR President Bako Sahakyan Made a Speech at the US Congress The President accentuated Washington's considerable contribution in maintaining peace and stability in our region, in peaceful and just solution of the Azerbaijani-Karabakh conflict.
- The Artsakh Parliament President Received the Delegation of the City of Bouc-Bel-Air of France "The work that you are doing in Artsakh is very important. I think the work that is being done in different sphered will become the basis for more effective collaboration," said Ashot Ghoulyan.
- Tax War between US and EU "If the E.U. wants to further increase their already massive tariffs and barriers on U.S. companies doing business there, we will simply apply a Tax on their Cars which freely pour into the U.S. They make...
- Sigmar Gabriel: Serbia Must Recognize Kosovo's Independence to Join EU That is a central condition to take the path toward, Gabriel said
- Armenia and Bulgaria Acknowledge Their Role in Connecting the Gulf Coast to the Europe In this context, the rising interest of Bulgarian businessmen to invest in Armenian was especially prioritized, which was first of all conditioned by the membership of Armenia to the EAEU, the EU-Armenia...
- EU Welcomes German Coalition's ''New Departure for Europe'' Martin Schulz celebrated his party's coalition deal with Chancellor Angela Merkel's conservatives on Wednesday, saying it meant Germany "will return to an active and leading role in the European Union."
- Armenia-EU New Agreement Outlines a Very Good Path for Future Partnership Armenia decides itself how far to go in this partnership taking into account that the country is a member of the Eurasian Economic Union.
- The EU has Revised Its Neighborhood Policy: What are on the Basis of This Revision? In parallel, the new strategy pays great attention to its neighboring countries neighbors, their cooperation and their impact on the region. The need for cooperation with Turkey is noted in particular,...
- Head of the EU Delegation on ENP Document Details Świtalski noted that the discussions were launched late last year and involved all the executives and government officials. He added that about 250 proposals were made, including the ones by the Armenian...
- Co-Presidents of the Euronest on Azerbaijan Decision to Withdraw The Constituent Act of the Euronest Parliamentary Assembly provides for a year's notice before any withdrawal becomes effective: within this period, we reiterate our availability to openly discuss the...
- What Happens in Moldova Cannot be Compared with Ukraine The fact that the events in Moldova, are, anyway, far away from being called "Maidan" is evidently seen in a number of factors, the most important of which is that two pro-Russian parties have joined the...
Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Says Only Death Will Stop Him from Ruling the Kingdom
The Task of Merkel's Fourth Term as Chancellor Will Be Not to Hurt the New Government
WhoScored: Mkhitaryan is Arsenal’s best performing player
Budding Diplomacy between US and North Korea
Kurds Promise Nightmare for Turks in Afrin
12 Armenians Will Participate in Dutch Local Elections
Washington: Bako Sahakyan Visited St. Mary and Holy Cross Armenian Apostolic Churches
Serzh Sargsyan Sends Congratulatory Message to Vladimir Putin
Trump Offers Death Penalty for Drug Dealers
Scripal's Poisoning: A Reason for Tense Relations Between London and Moscow?
Europe's Indifference and Turkey's Interests
Boris Johnson to Support to UK Diplomats Expelled from Russia
Boris Johnson Accused Russia of Secretely Stockpiling the Deadly Nerve Agent
Afrin Urges International Communities to Stop Turkey
Erdogan: Turkey Has Taken Full Control of the Center of Afrin
Sri Lanka Lifted a Nationwide State of Emergency
Bako Sahakyan: The Armenian Community of America and our American Friends are Actively Involved in the Process of the International Recognition of Artsakh
Iran Arrests Ahmadinejad’s Close Ally and Ex-Vice President
Voting for Presidential Election Starts in Russia
Sunday of Advent
James Bagyan: The Only Armenian that Was in Space and Can Make Dolma
Why the Figure Skater Evgenia Medvedeva (Babasyan) Did Not Take Her Father's Name?
Armenian President Schools Azeri Diplomat on History at Munich Security Conference
Azerbaijani Blogger: Armenians Did not Destroy Azerbaijani Graves in Karabakh
February 20: the Birth of Artsakh Movement
President Attends Bookinist Bookstore on the Occasion of Book Giving Day
Armenia Negotiates with Four Countries over Creation of Persian Gulf: Black Sea Transit Corridor
Vazgen Oganesov: An Armenian Who Did Not Let Hitler to Run Away from Berlin
Serzh Sargsyan: Azerbaijan’s Position Regarding the Nagorno Karabakh Issue is a Flagrant Violation of the Helsinki Spirit
Deputy Foreign Minister of Russia: Armenia Plays a Positive Role in Improving Russian-Georgian Relations (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 11.27 km/h