US and Russia "Neutralized" the Hopes of Azerbaijan
Vienna and St. Petersburg agreements are an important part of Karabakh conflict settlement process and are on the agenda. The call of the Chargé d’Affaires, a.i. of the U.S. Mission to the OSCE Harry Kamian and the permanent representative of Russia to the OSCE Aleksander Lukashevich to the conflict sides to carry out the agreements of 2016 reached in Vienna and St. Petersburg (the expansion of the office of the Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairman-in-Office, introduction of investigation mechanisms) are a clear proof to this.
Lukashevich stressed that the expansion of the office of the Personal Representative of the OSCE Chairman-in-Office will create an opportunity to qualitatively improve the situation in the region. In terms of ensuring stability on the Artsakh-Azerbaijan, Armenia-Azerbaijan borders, he attached importance to the establishment of joint investigative mechanisms for the incidents in the conflict zone.
Moreover the Chargé d’Affaires, a.i. of the U.S. Mission to the OSCE expressed hope that the issue of the expansion of the monitoring by the Office of the Chairmanship’s Personal Representative can eventually be reflected in the 2018 OSCE budget.
The approaches of the representatives of both the US and Russia, of course, express the official position of those states: implementation of confidence-building measures and the creation of an atmosphere of mutual trust should be accompanied by political negotiations to register a real result. In fact, this was another counter-argument to the claims of the Azerbaijani authorities that as if the October 16 Sargsyan-Aliyev meeting signaled the resumption of political negotiations without Vienna and St. Petersburg agreements. It should be reminded that the Azerbaijani authorities by all means refuse to implement those agreements.
Nevertheless, it is obvious that without creation of an atmosphere of mutual trust, without the maintenance of the ceasefire regime it would be impossible to talk about peaceful settlement of Karabakh conflict. The OSCE MG Co-Chairing countries also understand this, which is seen by the statements of the US and Russian representatives to the OSCE.
- Serzh Sargsyan on Karabakh Conflict: It Is Not Possible to Negotiate with One Hand and to Fire with Another "There must be calmness at the line of contact. The victims have to be ruled out. The manhunt that happens today should be excluded. It will create a certain atmosphere of mutual trust. If you do not fulfill...
- Edward Nalbandian: Azerbaijan's Behavior Seriously Questions Baku’s Credibility as a Negotiating Partner The Co-Chairs’ statement reiterated once again the three principles of the international law that form the basis of the Nagorno-Karabakh conflict resolution, namely the non-use of force or threat of...
- Artsakh Republic MOD: Defense Army Did not Fire towards Azerbaijani Village The Baku propaganda machine’s statements do not correspond to reality.
- The Heads of Delegation of the OSCE Minsk Group Co-Chair Countries Urge to Implement Vienna and St. Petersburg Agreements With reference to the declared commitment of the two Presidents to take additional measures to reduce tension on the line of contact, we urge Baku and Yerevan to accept the expansion of the existing Office...
- Foreign Ministers of Armenia and Azerbaijan Will Meet Early in 2018 The parties agreed to meet again in the beginning of 2018. The dates of the Co-Chairs’ next visit to the region were discussed.
Rex Tillerson: North Korea Must Earn Right to Talks
China and UK to Strengthen Economic and Financial Cooperation
Weather Forecast in Armenia : Precipitation is Predicted
Trump Said The Worst People Come To U.S. By Visa Lottery
Trump Says He Would like to Have Russia’s Help with North Korea
Former Policeman Arrested within Case of Russian Ambassador’s Assassination in Turkey
Manchester United is Planning to Sell Mkhitaryan to make space for Mesut Ozil
Syria Accuses Saudi Arabia and the UN for the Failure of Negotiations
EU Leaders Fail on Migration
Donald Trump Thanks Vladimir Putin after his Press-Conference
French School Bus Cut in Two in Rail Crash
Serzh Sargsyan on Karabakh Conflict: It Is Not Possible to Negotiate with One Hand and to Fire with Another
The Next Phase of Brexit Negotiations to Start Soon
UN Warns against 'Sleepwalking' into War over North Korea
Turkey to Open Embassy in East Jerusalem
Turkey’s 37th: How Erdogan Started ''Cleansing'' of His Own Party
Armenian Government Allocated 31.9 Million Drams for Establishing Scientific Research Institute of Chess
Walt Disney Buys Murdoch's Fox for $52.4bn
President Holds Farewell Meeting with Outgoing Lebanese Ambassador
Armenian National Security Service Reveals Terrorist Plot
Armenian Patriarch and 12 other Heads of Churches in Jerusalem Wrote a Letter to President Trump
Russians Should Be Driven out Like Dogs, Armenians Must Be Massacred: Azerbaijani "Scientist''
Tigran Mansurian’s "Requiem" Nominated for Grammy Award
Putin Pushed Erdogan’s Chair to the Ground (VIDEO)
It Is Natural to Be in Artsakh and Struggle along with the People of Artsakh: Today Hero Monte Melkonyan Turns 60
Armenia Pays Tribute to the Memory of the Victims of 1988 Spitak Earthquake
TV Channel Discovery Has Shot 6 Videos about Armenia
Statement by the "European Integration" NGO on Signing the Comprehensive and Enhanced Partnership Agreement with the EU
NKR Defense Army Servicemen Gegham Zaqaryan, Sargis Abrahamyan, Sargis Meliqyan, Posthumously Awarded with the "For Service in Battle" Medal
Lebanese-Armenian Independent Researcher: The Crisis in Lebanon Is Not Over (EXCLUSIVE)
Wind: 6.44 km/h